Does anyone else here not trust in saving money? I feel like the moment I save a good sum it's somehow going to disappear.

• Thread starter anon1822fourthacc
  • Start date
anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

I want to be the richest man in Laos! I love Laos!
Nov 25, 2022
I just don't feel like money that is saved is going to actually benefit me. Somehow it's going to end up vanishing on some unfortunate shit.

Even assuming inflation isn't going to skyrocket and make it worth a tenth of what it is now, I feel like somehow it's still going to disappear, something is gonna happen and all this saving will be moot.

So even just wasting it makes more sense. Blowing it on something fun. iPads and shit. At least then it'll disappear on something you got some fun from.

But nah I can't spend any, I'm too frugal. Spending money makes me sick. I'm so close to being poor so I just keep saving. And yet, I feel like any savings will just vanish somehow on some unfortunate event.

anon1822fourthacc

anon1822fourthacc

I want to be the richest man in Laos! I love Laos!
Nov 25, 2022
Commie revolution is around the corner :feelsmhm:
Communism is anti-freedom and I hate that, but if communism were to come I think at this point I'd just embrace it. Man I hate worrying about money so much, honestly I fucking hate materialism. I'd rather live in a world where we didn't have to think about money, even if it means having less luxuries and choices in the things we consume. I'm just so fucking tired of being worried about money and thinking about it and chasing it.

Copexodius Maximus

Copexodius Maximus

Unwanted, Unloved, and left to die
Dec 2, 2020
I just don't feel like money that is saved is going to actually benefit me. Somehow it's going to end up vanishing on some unfortunate shit.

Even assuming inflation isn't going to skyrocket and make it worth a tenth of what it is now, I feel like somehow it's still going to disappear, something is gonna happen and all this saving will be moot.

So even just wasting it makes more sense. Blowing it on something fun. iPads and shit. At least then it'll disappear on something you got some fun from.

But nah I can't spend any, I'm too frugal. Spending money makes me sick. I'm so close to being poor so I just keep saving. And yet, I feel like any savings will just vanish somehow on some unfortunate event.
That’s a common poverty instinct. They don’t save because maybe they didn’t live in an environment where that paid off. You have to look at it rationally and see if saving money will actually help you in the long run or not (most likely will).

Communism is anti-freedom and I hate that, but if communism were to come I think at this point I'd just embrace it. Man I hate worrying about money so much, honestly I fucking hate materialism. I'd rather live in a world where we didn't have to think about money, even if it means having less luxuries and choices in the things we consume. I'm just so fucking tired of being worried about money and thinking about it and chasing it.
Don’t have to worry about money when there’s no food anyways.

Activity
So far there's no one here