Venting After a long break, I tried gaming again (my OCD gaming experience)

T

tayhrdl

NEET
Feb 14, 2024
I start up the game, click on the highest difficulty. In game, I start to believe that it's not the highest difficulty because I don't 100% remember that I clicked on highest difficulty. So I go back into the main menu and go to new game again, however, when I clicked on the highest difficulty again, I had super mild spasm in my hand. I know I clicked on highest diffculty, however, technically, I could've accidentally clicked on the second highest difficulty and not noticed, so just to be sure, I repeat the shit I mentioned above (a few times).

So after playing for a while, I'm going for a break and do a quicksave and then a while later I start up the game and load the quicksave. Sadly, I don't 100% remember if the save game I loaded is actually "mine" with the highest difficulty. So just to be sure, I close the game and go to the save game folder location and delete all save games so it's no longer "tainted" anymore. Somehow, I'm afraid that the save files, which are now in the trash bin, magically move back into the save game folder. So I clear the trash bin and then check if the trash bin is empty then I go back to the save game folder to check if the saves are still gone.

After spending ~10 minutes in a "check savefolder check trash bin loop", it finally feels good. However, while in the retarded loop, I listened to music so I changed the windows volume. I spend a few minutes thinking about how the loud the volume setting was ingame before. To simplify things, I decided that volume setting to 35 is fine. Back in game, I wonder, did I really set it to 35? Minimize -> check volume loop for 5 minutes.

Like 4 hours later, I'm still fucking around with the main menu because my brain feels now like mush and I just can't remember if I actually clicked on the hardest difficulty and I was also dealing with shit like a total mental breakdown because I changed the controls mid-game and now the whole save game is tainted and I had to delete everything again because I want the same controls for the whole game.

Back to lurking .is and downloading movies and shows (illegally) (in Skyrim)

Activity
So far there's no one here