Comfy Welcome to my virtual home

bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Aspie social drifter without purpose or home
Sep 17, 2023
In Minecraft, of course. This is going to be my first post here, and it's going to be a very spergy post, and my autism is going to reach unprecedented levels while writing this post, but bear with me, please. Or skip this post, either way.

Anyway, here's the first teaser, I suppose:

2023 09 20 225628

This screenshot was accidental, but taken from within one of my ground fortresses. A quick bit of background: I've been working on this particular save file, on the same old version of Minecraft, since I was attending college, which I had graduated 12 years ago, now. I've been working on it, playing around, undertaking massive projects, whenever I've felt depressed, out of luck, miserable, lonely, you name it. So pretty much all the time. It's been one of my few good escape options over the years. It's also helped with coping about living at home, still: at least in here, I'm a homeowner. I have all my own property. It feels nice. Speaking of which, I should probably talk about what I've been doing on my property since I first started out well over a decade ago.

See, I've done a number of things with this save. I built a lighthouse, built some humble fortresses, built a barn, I even took a massive undertaking with building a road out to some faraway desert village, as well as building a complementary Nether highway out to the same village. There's even a railcar track out to a stronghold, where I'm not sure I've even defeated the Ender Dragon, yet. I've also got a huge strip mine operation started under a nearby jungle, that leads out to some faraway land where I plan to eventually start some development in the area, harvesting whatever I can find in taiga. But the most notable accomplishment, I think, is the progress I've made on my quarry. Here's a view from the top of my quarry outpost building:

2023 09 20 225721

Beautiful. You can tell that I've been digging it out, layer by layer, and I usually section out each layer into smaller rectangles, and mine those out one by one. Bear in mind, too, that this used to be a mountain: you heard me right, this wasn't flat land. I had to level out a mountain, first, and then I just decided that wasn't enough, and my quarry was born. This is in the Extreme Hills biome, so it was a steep mountain that I remember took a fair bit of time to level out. The rest of the digging took even longer, of course. Anyway, the entrance to the quarry is to the left and down below from where I'm standing in the above screenshot. If I look around from the entrance, away from the quarry, you can see my sky castle in the distance, enveloped by clouds and supported on stilts.

2023 09 20 225739

That motherfucker was a pain to build, and I think it goes as high as you can possibly build. You know what? Let's mosey on up that ladder, and take a look around at my property from a good vantage point atop that sky castle.

2023 09 20 225921

Ah, that's much better. As you can see, front and center in this image, is a sky view of my quarry. It still looks quite impressive, even from all the way up here, on these sky-high parapets. And if you look just below my quarry, you can see the rectangular wooden enclosure of my wood farm, where I grow birch trees to chop up for wood. I harvest the trunks for their precious wood, and then the saplings fall into twin rivers that deposit them at that little bit of blue you can see at the upper right corner of the enclosure. Just behind the enclosure, you can see the grey quarry outpost, from atop which I took the first image of the quarry. Over to the right, you can see my birchwood barn, where I have some farm animals enclosed, and just outside that barn, is a hole in the ground, that leads to a cave where I was lucky enough to have a slime spawn quadrant.

Now, looking around, all the orange blots are jack-o'-lanterns, lighting up my property, and keeping me safe at night, and the entire property is enclosed in fencing. To the upper right of the image, you can see the road I paved that leads on a very long journey, through many biomes, out to a desert village. In the center of my property, the little black smudge is my nether portal, which leads to the Nether highway, that can take me out to the village via faster, and safer, means. Just north of that is the minecart station with a minecart and tracks leading out to my stronghold; to the left of the portal, you'll see twin stone fortresses, lined with sponge for aesthetic. Just above the rightmost fortress, you can see a small road leading into the jungle; this goes to my very long strip mine, deep beneath the jungle, which I will not be covering in this post, sadly. Today is just a tour of my main property, not any of my outlying claims.

And of course, over to the left side of the image, you can barely see the large lake I have, naturally formed on a beach, with just a narrow strip of sand separating it from the ocean. In fact, let's take a look over in that direction.

2023 09 20 225928

Ah, can't see much better from here. That's okay, I'll be shifting positions soon, but first, you can see my main stone sponge fortress down there, just next to the lake. There's also the faintest glimpse of a fishing platform in the ocean just beyond. Oh! Before I jump over to the tower you see on the left, here, let me look the other direction, first:

2023 09 20 225936

I just wanted to real quick show off one quick thing: see that stone gate down there, with the orange stuff in the middle? Yeah, that's my lava gate. It's pretty cool, and all. And it hides a neat secret. But more on that, later. For now, let's jump on over to that other tower.

2023 09 20 225956

Two images, actually:

2023 09 20 230002

Here you see the ocean that my property borders. Unfortunately, I don't have fences up along the beach to keep out intruders, but I've never really had any issues with them crossing over the sea to get into my property, anyway, so I think it's all good. You can see the fishing platform much more clearly now, and just below that: you see that small patch of jungle there? That's my natural spawn point. Lighting that up sufficiently to prevent mobs from spawning was a bitch, but well worth the effort. And if you look off in the distance, you can see a wooden bridge spanning the ocean, heading out to an under-ocean ravine where I still haven't fully explored or mined it out, yet. And on the way, that tall, squarish looking building is my lighthouse. I know, it's fucking ugly, but I was never really all that good at architecture. Too bad the clouds are covering the flames at the top. Maybe I'll get a better image of it, someday. Anyway, if we turn back around, again:

2023 09 20 230020

I just like looking down on my property. Makes me feel like a King. Now, if I were to drop down from my sky castle...

2023 09 20 230217

Here's a view of my tree farm and twin fortresses from the top of the hill that my sky castle is built upon. Anyway, that should serve as a quick introduction to my virtual home. This is where I retreat when life gets rough, which is far too often, in my opinion. I may post more about this, if anyone's interested to learn more. Though, it will take some time, as I'll have to play Minecraft again to gather more screenshots, and it's hard to find the time to do so.

But yeah. There's a small peek into another small part of my autistic world. I hope I've conveyed at least a small fraction of the comfort I feels when I wander about the roads and walkways I've layed out, separated from the world and all the people who've hurt me. God, I can't get any more autistic than this!

bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Sep 17, 2023
By the way, here's a glimpse of my sky fortress, peeking over the edge of the quarry, from the vantage point of the far corner of the quarry:

2023 09 20 231047

And I got some night images to share, as well. My property looks pretty nice when it's all lit up at night.

2023 09 20 231818

2023 09 20 232911

2023 09 20 232917

Ah, so tranquil, peaceful and quiet. A perfect world, just for me!

bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Sep 17, 2023
View attachment 89115

>Be me in 2012
>Create minecraft world
>Play in it for a month
>Don't play it for a while
>Come back to minecraft
>See that updates made my forest into thrundra
>Delete world to make a new one
>Regret that I deleted old world
>Have no motivation to build anything
Fortunately, I've never had that problem, because I've always played on the same version of Minecraft, acquired by... uh, alternative means. So it doesn't update.

Granted, my brother bought me a legit copy of Minecraft recently. Not that the copy I have isn't legit, I'm not saying it is, or isn't. Ah, nevermind.

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
View attachment 89115

>Be me in 2012
>Create minecraft world
>Play in it for a month
>Don't play it for a while
>Come back to minecraft
>See that updates made my forest into thrundra
>Delete world to make a new one
>Regret that I deleted old world
>Have no motivation to build anything
I also tried getting back into it. Literally like you did, last time I played was like 10 yrs ago. Couldn't go for too long got bored. Maybe I can't tolerate games in general anymore

bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Sep 17, 2023
I also tried getting back into it. Literally like you did, last time I played was like 10 yrs ago. Couldn't go for too long got bored. Maybe I can't tolerate games in general anymore
I know the feeling, even though for me, it's not constant. But the anhedonia, the loss of any sort of appeal or reward from gaming, does hit me from time to time. Those times are even more brutal than usual.

Based Vampire

Based Vampire

Sleep late, and read trashy books!
Mar 23, 2023
I know the feeling, even though for me, it's not constant. But the anhedonia, the loss of any sort of appeal or reward from gaming, does hit me from time to time. Those times are even more brutal than usual.
how old are you

bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Sep 17, 2023
Nice building,Got any advices for building in Minecraft!
Thanks, but you can be honest with me.

And no, I don't know. I sort of just pick a spot, dig out a square hole, build up a bunch of walls, throw a roof on it, and call it a day. I'm not much of an architect. I'm an engineer: as long as it's functional, it's all good.

barcamgtow

barcamgtow

Asentientheterodroidsexual Monk-mode mgtow
May 17, 2023
In Minecraft, of course. This is going to be my first post here, and it's going to be a very spergy post, and my autism is going to reach unprecedented levels while writing this post, but bear with me, please. Or skip this post, either way.

Anyway, here's the first teaser, I suppose:

View attachment 89086

This screenshot was accidental, but taken from within one of my ground fortresses. A quick bit of background: I've been working on this particular save file, on the same old version of Minecraft, since I was attending college, which I had graduated 12 years ago, now. I've been working on it, playing around, undertaking massive projects, whenever I've felt depressed, out of luck, miserable, lonely, you name it. So pretty much all the time. It's been one of my few good escape options over the years. It's also helped with coping about living at home, still: at least in here, I'm a homeowner. I have all my own property. It feels nice. Speaking of which, I should probably talk about what I've been doing on my property since I first started out well over a decade ago.

See, I've done a number of things with this save. I built a lighthouse, built some humble fortresses, built a barn, I even took a massive undertaking with building a road out to some faraway desert village, as well as building a complementary Nether highway out to the same village. There's even a railcar track out to a stronghold, where I'm not sure I've even defeated the Ender Dragon, yet. I've also got a huge strip mine operation started under a nearby jungle, that leads out to some faraway land where I plan to eventually start some development in the area, harvesting whatever I can find in taiga. But the most notable accomplishment, I think, is the progress I've made on my quarry. Here's a view from the top of my quarry outpost building:

View attachment 89088

Beautiful. You can tell that I've been digging it out, layer by layer, and I usually section out each layer into smaller rectangles, and mine those out one by one. Bear in mind, too, that this used to be a mountain: you heard me right, this wasn't flat land. I had to level out a mountain, first, and then I just decided that wasn't enough, and my quarry was born. This is in the Extreme Hills biome, so it was a steep mountain that I remember took a fair bit of time to level out. The rest of the digging took even longer, of course. Anyway, the entrance to the quarry is to the left and down below from where I'm standing in the above screenshot. If I look around from the entrance, away from the quarry, you can see my sky castle in the distance, enveloped by clouds and supported on stilts.

View attachment 89089

That motherfucker was a pain to build, and I think it goes as high as you can possibly build. You know what? Let's mosey on up that ladder, and take a look around at my property from a good vantage point atop that sky castle.

View attachment 89090

Ah, that's much better. As you can see, front and center in this image, is a sky view of my quarry. It still looks quite impressive, even from all the way up here, on these sky-high parapets. And if you look just below my quarry, you can see the rectangular wooden enclosure of my wood farm, where I grow birch trees to chop up for wood. I harvest the trunks for their precious wood, and then the saplings fall into twin rivers that deposit them at that little bit of blue you can see at the upper right corner of the enclosure. Just behind the enclosure, you can see the grey quarry outpost, from atop which I took the first image of the quarry. Over to the right, you can see my birchwood barn, where I have some farm animals enclosed, and just outside that barn, is a hole in the ground, that leads to a cave where I was lucky enough to have a slime spawn quadrant.

Now, looking around, all the orange blots are jack-o'-lanterns, lighting up my property, and keeping me safe at night, and the entire property is enclosed in fencing. To the upper right of the image, you can see the road I paved that leads on a very long journey, through many biomes, out to a desert village. In the center of my property, the little black smudge is my nether portal, which leads to the Nether highway, that can take me out to the village via faster, and safer, means. Just north of that is the minecart station with a minecart and tracks leading out to my stronghold; to the left of the portal, you'll see twin stone fortresses, lined with sponge for aesthetic. Just above the rightmost fortress, you can see a small road leading into the jungle; this goes to my very long strip mine, deep beneath the jungle, which I will not be covering in this post, sadly. Today is just a tour of my main property, not any of my outlying claims.

And of course, over to the left side of the image, you can barely see the large lake I have, naturally formed on a beach, with just a narrow strip of sand separating it from the ocean. In fact, let's take a look over in that direction.

View attachment 89093

Ah, can't see much better from here. That's okay, I'll be shifting positions soon, but first, you can see my main stone sponge fortress down there, just next to the lake. There's also the faintest glimpse of a fishing platform in the ocean just beyond. Oh! Before I jump over to the tower you see on the left, here, let me look the other direction, first:

View attachment 89094

I just wanted to real quick show off one quick thing: see that stone gate down there, with the orange stuff in the middle? Yeah, that's my lava gate. It's pretty cool, and all. And it hides a neat secret. But more on that, later. For now, let's jump on over to that other tower.

View attachment 89097

Two images, actually:

View attachment 89098

Here you see the ocean that my property borders. Unfortunately, I don't have fences up along the beach to keep out intruders, but I've never really had any issues with them crossing over the sea to get into my property, anyway, so I think it's all good. You can see the fishing platform much more clearly now, and just below that: you see that small patch of jungle there? That's my natural spawn point. Lighting that up sufficiently to prevent mobs from spawning was a bitch, but well worth the effort. And if you look off in the distance, you can see a wooden bridge spanning the ocean, heading out to an under-ocean ravine where I still haven't fully explored or mined it out, yet. And on the way, that tall, squarish looking building is my lighthouse. I know, it's fucking ugly, but I was never really all that good at architecture. Too bad the clouds are covering the flames at the top. Maybe I'll get a better image of it, someday. Anyway, if we turn back around, again:

View attachment 89103

I just like looking down on my property. Makes me feel like a King. Now, if I were to drop down from my sky castle...

View attachment 89105

Here's a view of my tree farm and twin fortresses from the top of the hill that my sky castle is built upon. Anyway, that should serve as a quick introduction to my virtual home. This is where I retreat when life gets rough, which is far too often, in my opinion. I may post more about this, if anyone's interested to learn more. Though, it will take some time, as I'll have to play Minecraft again to gather more screenshots, and it's hard to find the time to do so.

But yeah. There's a small peek into another small part of my autistic world. I hope I've conveyed at least a small fraction of the comfort I feels when I wander about the roads and walkways I've layed out, separated from the world and all the people who've hurt me. God, I can't get any more autistic than this!
Hello again my nigger, look at my IQ scores:

Also look at my new behavioral sink thread:

god.ly

god.ly

Oct 12, 2023
Wtf nigga woh the fuck builds floors out of sponge

Activity
So far there's no one here