staying in japan 3 months out of the year.

• Thread starter MyNameIsHammurabi
  • Start date
MyNameIsHammurabi

MyNameIsHammurabi

NEET
Dec 15, 2020
visiting japan stay 3 months. Every year. Should I learn Japanese? If I do would I be able to maintain fluency since I won’t be there for another 9 months.

If I stop going every year then it would have been a waste learning Japanese?

P

Patient A

Mynamejeff
Nov 30, 2020
Is water wet?

wtf even is this thread

if you are asking this then I doubt you can learn a new language

Mirin if you can though, I don’t have enough motivation to

BrendioEEE

BrendioEEE

Prophet
Apr 3, 2021
As someone who has learned enough Japanese to speak it at a casual basic level, go for it bro, but you have to be consistent as fuck about studying Japanese daily, it takes years to master, also don't expect to learn Kanji anytime soon. Even I don't know most of that shit, also Keigo (formal speech) is also a pretty intense ballgame. But if you're not Asian, and can speak at a basic level, they get pretty impressed either way.

I have been also studying Korean, I think I might be able to speak that at a basic level by the end of this year aswell.

MyNameIsHammurabi

MyNameIsHammurabi

NEET
Dec 15, 2020
As someone who has learned enough Japanese to speak it at a casual basic level, go for it bro, but you have to be consistent as fuck about studying Japanese daily, it takes years to master, also don't expect to learn Kanji anytime soon. Even I don't know most of that shit, also Keigo (formal speech) is also a pretty intense ballgame. But if you're not Asian, and can speak at a basic level, they get pretty impressed either way.

I have been also studying Korean, I think I might be able to speak that at a basic level by the end of this year aswell.
I’m impressed. I’ve been hesitant to jump in cuz imo learning a language is a huge commitment. How are you able to practice and able to maintain fluency outside of Japan?

BrendioEEE

BrendioEEE

Prophet
Apr 3, 2021
I’m impressed. I’ve been hesitant to jump in cuz imo learning a language is a huge commitment. How are you able to practice and able to maintain fluency outside of Japan?
You just have immerse yourself in it in some way everyday. Flash cards/study apps are probably the easiest way, also try talking to yourself, it might seem schizo but if you can have conversations with yourself in the language, and about things going on around you, it helps a lot.

Activity
So far there's no one here