Story Schizophrenia?

λ-calculus

λ-calculus

Documenting my journey to the sewer
Oct 24, 2023
I've been going to therapy for over a year now. They did a lot of tests on me, but they never explicitly told me what was my official diagnosis, I always thought I was just depressed. The other day my mother told me I apparently have schizophrenia, but that doesn't make sense. I don't suffer from any form of hallucination and I like to think that my thoughts processes are very rational (it is indeed over). So what gives? is it possible to have schizophrenia and not hallucinate? I made sure to answer no in the questions where they asked me if I had voices telling me stuff. Also they've been giving me an anti psychotics for over six months now, I thought it was just to treat depression but apparently anti psychotics are for treating schizophrenia. Also my mother has been constantly asking me if I hear voices and I always tell her no.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
I've been going to therapy for over a year now. They did a lot of tests on me, but they never explicitly told me what was my official diagnosis, I always thought I was just depressed. The other day my mother told me I apparently have schizophrenia, but that doesn't make sense. I don't suffer from any form of hallucination and I like to think that my thoughts processes are very rational (it is indeed over). So what gives? is it possible to have schizophrenia and not hallucinate? I made sure to answer no in the questions where they asked me if I had voices telling me stuff. Also they've been giving me an anti psychotics for over six months now, I thought it was just to treat depression but apparently anti psychotics are for treating schizophrenia. Also my mother has been constantly asking me if I hear voices and I always tell her no.
your hallucinations may be just as real as reality and/or you mostly suffer from negative symptoms

iDONTwannaBeME

iDONTwannaBeME

NEET
Aug 22, 2023
What if "schizophrenia" is reality and neurotypicals are the mentally ill?

• +1
Reactions: Ado
『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
which negative symptoms for example?

We have to beware of the normies then.

RNT

RNT

Eternal Night
Aug 23, 2023
The other day my mother told me I apparently have schizophrenia, but that doesn't make sense.
You're 26 yo, right? You're not momma's boy anymore and it is very strange for a doctor to go over your head.

Take some online tests first as schizophrenia is obviously more than just "hallucinating". Maybe your mom can't separate "Schizoid personality disorder" from schizophrenia proper.

Then consider visiting a private clinic - it's just freelancing docs launching a small business - it wouldn't be hard to hit them up for a consultation. Without mom and this strange "No, I will keep you in the dark!" approach.

Samisnotsocool223

Samisnotsocool223

You don't know who could be lurking here.
Jul 21, 2023
Maybe you think youre talking to real people but theyre actually hallucinations and your mom saw that

incelkingkong

incelkingkong

incel battle royale
Nov 28, 2020
stop taking antipsychotics unless you're having positive schizophrenia symptoms

λ-calculus

λ-calculus

Documenting my journey to the sewer
Oct 24, 2023
stop taking antipsychotics unless you're having positive schizophrenia symptoms
I really want to stop taking them, they're crazy expensive, but the psychologist literally threatened to put me in a mental ward for 3 months if I don't. Insane how these people are giving the power to do stuff like this. They shouldn't be able to lock up someone who hasn't committed any crimes.

Activity
So far there's no one here