Discussion People I went to school with have jobs or are close to finishing college

frightfulcel

frightfulcel

Such deceit, such mischief hsssssk
Sep 9, 2022

Its an extremely surreal experience seeing people my age essentially be adults. Some have kids, others have jobs, been in relationships for years and have cars. I am not saying their lifestyle would be ideal for me, it wouldn't however for me its more of the passage of time that gets me. I left school 5 years ago and when I look back to that period it seems like a long time ago however I'm still stick in that post school phase. Every day feels like I've just left school even though its been years. To see people have jobs etc. is surreal because I've been NEETING in that time period and have been stagnant not realizing that while I was at the park, or watching some anime/youtube etc. they were living out their lives.

I don't think comparing myself to them is idea, I'm really just shocked at how much time has passed so quickly. I hope in 5 years time I'm where I want to be or at least still trying to move towards that goal, success is not predictable or anything.

Has anyone seen other people your age "move on" and still feel like they left highschool?

poorcel

poorcel

forever jobless
Oct 1, 2023
It's brutal, I think about that all the time too. I could never catch up to them no matter how much I self improve, a lean body will never beat a college degree in the real world.

Riddler

Riddler

Fukurist
Oct 18, 2023
I could care less honestly. I'm 24 and dropped out at 16 so it's even further away from me

Sometimes you're in the mindset of validation seeking. These milestones act as validation but once you see past it you realize being kind of a nerd basement dweller isn't the end of the world

Relationships, kids etc can constrict people. I knew a chad who got married at 19 and started his own business with a friend's as associates. However the business ended up being barely profitable because you can't work at friends. He gained a ton of stress weight and people joke he already looked like a dad at 21. It's a one odd example but there's countless cases like that

I moved cities last year and started waging, waging isn't fun but I value the freedom of being able to pick up my bags and do that. I plan to neet later and I'm free to do that too. Being neet is ultimately abiut freedom, over your own time and life. I was free to rot and I chose to when it suited me. I decided to wage when it didn't. I'm where I am now due to freely made choices

Activity
So far there's no one here