Discussion Neets.me suicide prevention hotline

IGiveUp

IGiveUp

4:00 A.M.
Sep 11, 2021
As punishment for running the infamous forum Sanctioned Suicide, Master will be facing prison time and all the users of his forums will have to mandatory work at a suicide prevention hotline with their fellow forum bros. You’re forced to listen to suicidal people problems all day and try to convince them to live. How well do you think you’ll do in such a job, who do you imagine would be the worst and best suicide preventer?
IMG 6859

Honestly it would depend on how I’m feeling, sometimes I can have zero sympathy for people and other times more than what’s necessary. Though with strangers it’ll be different I guess, can’t say I really would care. But I’ve been a emotional tampon during a good chunk of my life so I can do a little song and dance to make people feel better, though probably wouldn’t work all the time.
As for the best user for this job I think it would be @Fabio he’s a pretty level headed rational guy it seems, not sure how well he’ll do in this situation but I assume he’ll do better than most.
For the worst, I think @Kpwat will unintentionally get people killed, I can already imagine someone complaining about their life to him and all he can say is “don’t do it”.
IMG 6267

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
It'd be a hard job because I don't think I'd tell them not to kill themselves. Every person has the natural right to take their own life if it becomes too much of a pain and the reasons for suicide can have such a myriad of reasons behind them that I couldn't even hope to take a crack in a simple conversation at stopping someone genuinely suicidal. I think many cases for suicide hotlines would simply require someone to listen to them discuss their troubles and they'd be fine, in the cases of people truly fucked, it'd really depend. If it's a chemical thing, I think I'd recommend something like ketamine treatment and to at least try a few things like MDMA and 2CB before they kick the bucket so they can at least milk their biology for at least one full moment of pure bliss and contentment and happiness. Having just one moment like that where every cell in your body feels at peace could be enough to make them take a different perspective on the world and their own emotions and thoughts, since after all, if you can ingest something that can put you at complete peace and ease, is it really "you" that's trying to rope or are you being led into it by a chemical trap?

You can change your perspectives on the world, you can change your philosophy or religious views to feel at ease, you can have some molecule bind to receptors that change how you feel and think for a while and be at peace to help lead to the former if you can't do it naturally even. But the people who are chronically ill physically, who have some type of neurological disorder that can't be mitigated whatsoever with any chemicals (true anhedonia, no relief, not even with the most potent euphoria inducing molecules known to man), I wouldn't be able to tell them "no, go on, everything will be ok" because in some cases, suicide is a graceful exit. It's these types of people that should be given a large dose of nembutal instead of some person trying to feed them generic platitudes or tell them to do things they've already tried.

I think the latter is exceptionally rare though in terms of callers I'd bet, so I guess I'd do alright, maybe. I think the worst would be @Atila :feelslol: with his anti-life views, I could see him just saying "kys" and hanging up each call :chad:

N

NotSTYX

NEET
Jun 21, 2023
All I see is a business opportunity to sell sodium nitrite at inflated prices.

Activity
So far there's no one here