My sack of shit "friend" cancelled plans on me at the last minute

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
An old "friend" of mine who I haven't talked to in months if not a year suddenly messaged me out of nowhere despite basically cutting contact with him, and wanted to see how I was doing and all that. I was pleasantly taken back and he decided to invite me and another old friend of ours to meet up at the college campus we go to.

At the ABSOLUTE last minute he went like "oh my b cant get a ride to campus" and said that he wasnt able to arrive, like WTF how do you suddenly not have a ride at the last fucken moment when you have a class today? I responded back to him and tried to grill him on his obviously full of shit story filled with holes and he hasnt responded since, I was really looking forward to bonding with my old frens and they just cancelled on me like that at the last minute.

I think he purposely fucked around with me, tried to make it seem like he was eager to get in touch with me again and basically told me to fuck off at the last minute and has ghosted since.

I want to fucking kill myself.

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
Kick those idiots to the curb.

Get new friends. Work your social skills and circle.
I have about given up, those were the only people who accepted my autism and retard sperg tendencies and got along with well.

I dont give a fuck about making new friends because I cant, I dont know where to start and havent made an IRL friend since a decade if ever. I dont talk to people IRL because I have no clue how and cant, its over for me and I will have to learn to accept it.

NekoStance

NekoStance

NEET
Dec 1, 2020
I have about given up, those were the only people who accepted my autism and retard sperg tendencies and got along with well.

I dont give a fuck about making new friends because I cant, I dont know where to start and havent made an IRL friend since a decade if ever. I dont talk to people IRL because I have no clue how and cant, its over for me and I will have to learn to accept it.
Go to events, meets, hobby clubs etc.

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
OP I bet you were fat, lazy shithead of a kid, that spent 247 indoors playing vidya or watching TV, and eating junk food, and when your parents tried to intervene, tell you off or stop your disgusting ways you threw a tantrum.

Absolutely despicable, the ONLY saving grace to me is that YES in the end you only have yourself to blame.

Disgusting shithead kid you were, ok maybe your soft shit parents should be blamed a bit also but you should be ashamed yup big time
@NekoStance

This you? lol caught you lacking, you can buzz right off with your double-facedness.

N

Neet194012940

NEET
Jan 20, 2024
he probably doesn't care enough to purposely engineer this to fuck with you but depending on the normie's sentience level he might find it amusing as an aftereffect.

extroverts and compulsive socializers are always playing power games to maximize their potential social occasion, one of these is to indicate interest in AS MANY EVENTS AS POSSIBLE so you can choose which one is the best, don't have to be invested in it being canceled etc. This is also why it's possible for a 6/10 to get a date on tinder, the female occasionally actually meets up with the option that is just slightly better than being alone and ldaring.

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
he probably doesn't care enough to purposely engineer this to fuck with you but depending on the normie's sentience level he might find it amusing as an aftereffect.
Yeah I'm obviously playing right into his hands by confronting him, he doesn't give a fuck and is compulsively lying to cover for it.

But my question is WHY?! what did he seek to gain from messaging me out of nowhere after months then cancelling plans on me at the last moment, why couldnt he just leave me alone to rot and forget about my existence?

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
Yeah I'm obviously playing right into his hands by confronting him, he doesn't give a fuck and is compulsively lying to cover for it.

But my question is WHY?! what did he seek to gain from messaging me out of nowhere after months then cancelling plans on me at the last moment, why couldnt he just leave me alone to rot and forget about my existence?
Maybe he wanted to at the time but had second thoughts or something came up. Tired, hungover or just didn't want to go out that day. I've had friends bail on plans before and while it is annoying it's understandable in many circumstances. People are fickle and this meeting probably not as big of a deal for him assuming he has a social life compared to you who doesn't

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
Tired, hungover or just didn't want to go out that day. I've had friends bail on plans before and while it is annoying it's understandable in many circumstances.
They probably weren't "friends" to begin with, no one will bail out on an opportunity to hang out with their friend even if they feel tired. And no one never just "doesn't feel like" hanging out with friends.

Pygsy

Pygsy

Based coomER
Sep 9, 2023
The majority of humans are shallow, these days more than ever, which is why finding “true friends” is like needle in the haystack. I used to know people who I thought were my friends, until they would start to get “too busy” for me or forget I even exist. That’s why I’ve given up on trying to make friends, because even if I had a large friend group 99% of it would be phony. People use each other. It’s like if you were to become rich people would want to hang with you, but if you were to go broke they would all abandon you. It’s why the fewer people you trust, the better off you’ll be. Because most “friendships” end in betrayal.

Rebbington

Rebbington

👹
Aug 12, 2021
Friends aren't real imo neets.me is forever tho

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
They probably weren't "friends" to begin with, no one will bail out on an opportunity to hang out with their friend even if they feel tired. And no one never just "doesn't feel like" hanging out with friends.
Maybe we have a different definition of friend but I don't expect mine to be perfect. Idk how close you were but for me something like this isn't worth breaking a friendship over unless it was a common occurence

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
Maybe we have a different definition of friend but I don't expect mine to be perfect. Idk how close you were but for me something like this isn't worth breaking a friendship over unless it was a common occurence
Friends stick through thick and thin, no true friend would cancel their plans on you or be simply "too busy" to hang out with you no matter how tight their circumstances might be. Why would anyone pass on a chance to hang out or chat with their friend?

If they happen to be busy at the time, they will try their best to get those out the way or reschedule your plans for another time given they actually value you. Cancelling at the last moment is a clear indicator they think shit of you or me.

Tbh this hurts because we are supposed to reunite with each other after a few years of barely seeing each other, but they didnt view it as highly as I did.

I used to know people who I thought were my friends, until they would start to get “too busy” for me or forget I even exist. That’s why I’ve given up on trying to make friends, because even if I had a large friend group 99% of it would be phony.
Correction, they ditch people like me and you because we are unworthy rejects with nothing of value to offer.

When it comes to people they actually value they will take bullets for their friends if the push comes to shove.

Looksmax Refugee

Looksmax Refugee

-
Feb 28, 2021
Probably shouldn't get hyped for plans with people who showed shady behavior in the past. You should be on edge about that kind of meeting if anything tbh.

poorcel

poorcel

forever jobless
Oct 1, 2023
Sadly if you have nothing to offer to most ppl they just treat you like a joke

Polar-Z

Polar-Z

Goonin forward, troon a new page
Aug 3, 2023
This is why i cut off every tie i had with ajy friend i had. blkpillpress was right. You're really on your own in this world.

Friends are just passing by and they come as easily as they go. It's even worse when they add nothing of value to your life.

All my friends ever did was "hang out" but when I needed them thr most they ghosted me or fucked me over.

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
All my friends ever did was "hang out" but when I needed them thr most they ghosted me or fucked me over.
The harsh truth is realizing that they probably didn't see you as much of a "friend" to begin with, society teaches that those who have nothing to offer or have personality flaws deserve to be relentlessly mocked and spat upon.

I only now began to realize that most people I called friends really only kept me around as a side character for their entertainment, I was a jestermaxxer who would say dumb things or act like a fool to get others to laugh and very occasionally would successfully make everyone laugh with my jokes as I had non-existent social skills otherwise.

Little did I know was that being a jestermaxxer alone wont get you a shred of respect, it will just make you a circus clown for others to use for their own pleasure but they wont actually give a fuck about you or want you around for extended periods of time.

Now I suddenly remember all those funny and embarassing secrets I would tell my friends (friends?) that were suddenly leaking out and getting revealed to the whole school, like when some random kid I had no clue existed would approach me as if I was some celebrity and reveal more about me then I knew about myself.

I wanted to be that class clown who everyone would love and respect, but you learn the hard way that those types are viewed as nothing but vending machines for the sake of some cheap laughs by others.

Last edited:
browncel

browncel

NEET
Jan 31, 2024
Fuck dude im sorry to hear. If you can pivk better people to hang out with and if no then fuck it we roll by ourselves

Polar-Z

Polar-Z

Goonin forward, troon a new page
Aug 3, 2023
The harsh truth is realizing that they probably didn't see you as much of a "friend" to begin with, society teaches that those who have nothing to offer or have personality flaws deserve to be relentlessly mocked and spat upon.

I only now began to realize that most people I called friends really only kept me around as a side character for their entertainment, I was a jestermaxxer who would say dumb things or act like a fool to get others to laugh and occasionally make everyone laugh with my jokes as I had non-existent social skills otherwise.

Little did I know was that being a jestermaxxer alone wont get you a shred of respect, it will just make you a circus clown for others to use for their own pleasure but they wont actually give a fuck about you or want you around for extended periods of time.

Now I suddenly remember all those funny and embarassing secrets I would tell my friends (friends?) that were suddenly leaking out and getting revealed to the whole school, like when some random kid I had no clue existed would approach me as if I was some celebrity and reveal more about me then I knew about myself.

I wanted to be that class clown who everyone would love and respect, but you learn the hard way that those types are viewed as nothing but vending machines for the sake of some cheap laughs by others.
Couldn't have said if better myself (literally kek)

Yeah, just do your thing man. You only really ever feel like you need friends because of social pressure to fit in or being high inhibit in crowds so you seek a group to be with.

When you learn to overcome this conditioning with years of strife you become much happier alone. Although it's not ideal when you live in a society that treats it like a virtue to have friends.

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
If you can pivk better people to hang out with and if no then fuck it we roll by ourselves
Its a lost cause, I have no one else. My social skills are dead and I will never be able to make a proper connection or friend unless I put in backbreaking effort, you would be horrified to see me socialize IRL once you cut past the surface.

I have known these people since I was a child, I tried cutting them off many times but we would end up crossing paths and coming back in contact anyways. Its like we have some permanent cord tied to us which is inseparable no matter how much we try to part ways, even when I am 70 and in retirement we will somehow come back in contact as if nothing happened.

At least they will probably show up to my funeral which I guess I can appreciate.

and if no then fuck it we roll by ourselves
I cant stand being around myself, if someone on this place cant stand my presence I just want to let them know that I cant stand myself as much as you do and I hate it.

But there is nothing much I can do about it, I tried endless amounts of times to fix my personality flaws and come off as less annoying but my being insists upon clinging onto it. If I consciously try to act normal and presentable then my subconscious ends up pulling me back and leaking personality flaws for others to prey upon and mock me behind my back for.

Even many people on this forum shit talk and clown me behind my back (so much for that NEET unity), its really over for me and I cant do much about it.

browncel

browncel

NEET
Jan 31, 2024
Its a lost cause, I have no one else. My social skills are dead and I will never be able to make a proper connection or friend unless I put in backbreaking effort, you would be horrified to see me socialize IRL once you cut past the surface.

I have known these people since I was a child, I tried cutting them off many times but we would end up crossing paths and coming back in contact anyways. Its like we have some permanent cord tied to us which is inseparable no matter how much we try to part ways, even when I am 70 and in retirement we will somehow come back in contact as if nothing happened.

At least they will probably show up to my funeral which I guess I can appreciate.

I cant stand being around myself, if someone on this place cant stand my presence I just want to let them know that I cant stand myself as much as you do and I hate it.

But there is nothing much I can do about it, I tried endless amounts of times to fix my personality flaws and come off as less annoying but my being insists upon clinging onto it. If I consciously try to act normal and presentable then my subconscious ends up pulling me back and leaking personality flaws for others to prey upon and mock me behind my back for.

Even many people on this forum shit talk and clown me behind my back (so much for that NEET unity), its really over for me and I cant do much about it.
Stay strong brother

oofy

oofy

NEET
Feb 2, 2024

it's over

ShoelessSperg

ShoelessSperg

NEET
Feb 9, 2024
Now you know where you stand with him it’s a good thing if you don’t let it happen again OG

Samisnotsocool223

Samisnotsocool223

You don't know who could be lurking here.
Jul 21, 2023
An old "friend" of mine who I haven't talked to in months if not a year suddenly messaged me out of nowhere despite basically cutting contact with him, and wanted to see how I was doing and all that. I was pleasantly taken back and he decided to invite me and another old friend of ours to meet up at the college campus we go to.

At the ABSOLUTE last minute he went like "oh my b cant get a ride to campus" and said that he wasnt able to arrive, like WTF how do you suddenly not have a ride at the last fucken moment when you have a class today? I responded back to him and tried to grill him on his obviously full of shit story filled with holes and he hasnt responded since, I was really looking forward to bonding with my old frens and they just cancelled on me like that at the last minute.

I think he purposely fucked around with me, tried to make it seem like he was eager to get in touch with me again and basically told me to fuck off at the last minute and has ghosted since.

I want to fucking kill myself.
At least you have us ♥️

Activity
So far there's no one here