Discussion Is it cringe that the people I feel I can relate to are soldiers?

Riddler

Riddler

Fukurist
Oct 18, 2023
Granted I know I'm a pussy who's barely been in a fist fight and I'll probably never be a fraction as brave as those men, but when I read what soldiers say about war, it's the only thing that speaks to me

Whether it's fiction from the Iliad to Apocalypse Now to Blood Meridian, or memoirs of soldiers. War feels like the closest parallel to the kind of loneliness we experience. War and true loneliness and the purview of men. It breaks young men and haunts old men till the grave. When I read stories about how soldiers say they'll never be same after time as a POW or seeing their friends blown up corpses. I see a parallel between my time rotting and having friends who roped

Am I spitting some real shit rn or is this just a pretentious subhuman who doesn't know true pain?

Riddler

Riddler

Fukurist
Oct 18, 2023
i wouldnt call war lonely
It can be. Depends because Loneliness isn't just about not being around others. It's a feeling of alienation

But I don't mean war is lonely per se I mean the effects of war are similar to loneliness

Polar-Z

Polar-Z

Goonin forward, troon a new page
Aug 3, 2023
Depends on the type. Mercs are in it for money Which is understandable. But feeling for muh patriotism cucks is....well, cucked. Those drones pilots are usually hired by companies that work hand in hand with the military. I heard they pick for psychopathic traits in applicants.

Modern War is purely for elitist vanity. Don't engage in it, don't think much of it. Unless you're a cold hearted monster.

Riddler

Riddler

Fukurist
Oct 18, 2023
Depends on the type. Mercs are in it for money Which is understandable. But feeling for muh patriotism cucks is....well, cucked. Those drones pilots are usually hired by companies that work hand in hand with the military. I heard they pick for psychopathic traits in applicants.

Modern War is purely for elitist vanity. Don't engage in it, don't think much of it. Unless you're a cold hearted monster.
It's not about muh troops and sheeet which is why I reference soldiers from various time periods and regines

It's the idea of trauma more broadly

クーロ

クーロ

عثمان دان فوديو الثاني
Jan 23, 2024
Not at all. Losing a friend is the worst feeling imaginable and soldiers go through that all the time. Granted seeing them blown up to pieces is a bit more brutal but the idea is there. Soldiers have seen the worst of the world and choose to isolate themselves from it completely, in a way that's similar to NEETs who have had terrible experiences ruin their mental health beyond recovery to the extent that society as a whole disgusts them. Might not be a fighter, but you have similar pains and views

Activity
So far there's no one here