Serious Is anyone else trying to rot on forums less?

PointOfNoReturn

PointOfNoReturn

Gothicc Hoes
Jun 11, 2022
Got tired of wasting all my free time, that I would feel brutal about it by the end of the day. I only come on here in the afternoon when I’m done with everything else for the day now, instead of endlessly scrolling.
IMG 7280

Riddler

Riddler

Fukurist
Oct 18, 2023
I'm a lifelong forum addict from ASOIAF to lesswrong to PSL and everything inbetween

Whenever I left forums I ended up on worse places like discord and Twitter. I don't like normal socializing either. End of the day I know I'm gonna be on forums so it comes down to which I'm going to be on and how productive the discussions and communities are

Being on forums isn't inherently shitty, it mogs most social media but discussing philosophy and ethics on lesswrong is better than arguing with middle schoolers on org. You pick your poison

PointOfNoReturn

PointOfNoReturn

Gothicc Hoes
Jun 11, 2022
I don't like normal socializing either.
Primary reason im going to vacate this place. Normal socializing mogs and I’m tired of hearing geeks whine on about the same shit.
Basically you, Atila, Thadman, Bellzebub, and LM are cool. All the og users are gone.

N

Neet194012940

NEET
Jan 20, 2024
forums are kinda of like an abusive girl (not that i have ever been hugged), they are multifaceted and really depend on the circumstances whether its a positive expierences. Obviously rotting is bad, but if a forum was just rotting it would be comparitevly easier to quit, its the everything else, sense of community high iq people sharing your thoughts freely that keeps me posting

Moondust

Moondust

NEET
Nov 8, 2023
I'm a lifelong forum addict from ASOIAF to lesswrong to PSL and everything inbetween

Whenever I left forums I ended up on worse places like discord and Twitter. I don't like normal socializing either. End of the day I know I'm gonna be on forums so it comes down to which I'm going to be on and how productive the discussions and communities are

Being on forums isn't inherently shitty, it mogs most social media but discussing philosophy and ethics on lesswrong is better than arguing with middle schoolers on org. You pick your poison
Looking up lesswrong i legit cant even imagine a black going on there 🤣

Moondust

Moondust

NEET
Nov 8, 2023
forums are kinda of like an abusive girl (not that i have ever been hugged), they are multifaceted and really depend on the circumstances whether its a positive expierences. Obviously rotting is bad, but if a forum was just rotting it would be comparitevly easier to quit, its the everything else, sense of community high iq people sharing your thoughts freely that keeps me posting
I went on a really positive weed forum back in the day, lotta good memories on there. Sad it was the total opposite of PSL as far as being positive

Moondust

Moondust

NEET
Nov 8, 2023
Primary reason im going to vacate this place. Normal socializing mogs and I’m tired of hearing geeks whine on about the same shit.
Basically you, Atila, Thadman, Bellzebub, and LM are cool. All the og users are gone.
Have u found other aspie or rotter friends irl? Irl socializing with normies sucks ass cant relate to them at all

Moondust

Moondust

NEET
Nov 8, 2023
I went on a really positive weed forum back in the day, lotta good memories on there. Sad it was the total opposite of PSL as far as being positive
This was in 2011. Early 2010s vibes were so positive and innocent 😔. So much optimism surrounding tech and social media before the dark side of it arose

Activity
So far there's no one here