Discussion I might have a job interview soon

forsen

forsen

NEET
Nov 25, 2023
It is a success that I even got to this point i guess. About the interview, I'm not worried about my coding skill at all, very confident at that, but the talking part... oh man, let's just say social interaction isn't my best trump. Also I only have a shitty laptop built-in camera, so it might be better to do it from my phone or ask for no cam at all.

It's going to be my first interview and I'm not sure how to approach it, I know the point of it for them is to catch one's vibe, to see if I will go well with their team, it's the most important part, it doesn't really matter if you're best programmer in the world.

My greatest fear is they ask me a question like "Why do you want to work for us?" I literally have no answer to that, I could answer it how I imagine people answer these questions, but it's kinda fake and corny, an answer like 'oh i enjoy being a part of a team and building something of value together' or something like that...

I'm thinking of going ultra real, honest, kinda goofy type of approach in case of questions like that, like answering it with "isn't that something you should tell me?"

Thoughts?
Please help me if you can brothers 😭😭😭

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
It is a success that I even got to this point i guess. About the interview, I'm not worried about my coding skill at all, very confident at that, but the talking part... oh man, let's just say social interaction isn't my best trump. Also I only have a shitty laptop built-in camera, so it might be better to do it from my phone or ask for no cam at all.

It's going to be my first interview and I'm not sure how to approach it, I know the point of it for them is to catch one's vibe, to see if I will go well with their team, it's the most important part, it doesn't really matter if you're best programmer in the world.

My greatest fear is they ask me a question like "Why do you want to work for us?" I literally have no answer to that, I could answer it how I imagine people answer these questions, but it's kinda fake and corny, an answer like 'oh i enjoy being a part of a team and building something of value together' or something like that...

I'm thinking of going ultra real, honest, kinda goofy type of approach in case of questions like that, like answering it with "isn't that something you should tell me?"

Thoughts?
Please help me if you can brothers 😭😭😭
TLDR; just make good use of this and best of luck

My advice to you would be to "research" the company beforehand, just skim through the about page of their website and jot down any important info.

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
@forsen

IT people are usually socially inept, they wont give a shit about your communication skills as long as you have something to offer career wise like your productivity or ability to code.

W

Water_Flame

Nov 17, 2023
@forsen

IT people are usually socially inept, they wont give a shit about your communication skills as long as you have something to offer career wise like your productivity or ability to code.
Theyre easy to bully too. I remember having a discord VC beef with a javascript developer and he was a total pussy.

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
Oversell your abilities and lie when necessary. I avoid those corny lies like the one you mentioned and answer with shit like money, location, familiarity etc. Tend to lie to make myself look like i would be better at the job than to look like a saint. May be different circumstances for coding though

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
Oversell your abilities and lie when necessary.
Everyone lies, if you tell the truth during the job process you are doing it wrong plain & simple. What stresses me out most about the hiring process is the fact that there will always be 10-50 other people competing with you for that job spot, and if you dont outclass them then you will be searching around for months on end.

Tend to lie to make myself look like i would be better at the job than to look like a saint. May be different circumstances for coding though
Corporate life revolves around lies & fakeness, the more fake and slimey you are the more likely HR will be impressed and hire/promote you. If anything, catching your lies would actually impress them and make you a better fit in their eyes.

forsen

forsen

NEET
Nov 25, 2023
i dont even know what to lie about tho

forsen

forsen

NEET
Nov 25, 2023
my truth is more powerful than any lie i can come up with 😤🐺 nah fr i'm not going to lie this first time and see what happens, and draw appropiate conclusions from there

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
i dont even know what to lie about tho
Just overplay your skills and what you offer to the company and team, say some cliche bullshit about how you are looking to contribute to their mission and work for the best of the team and personal growth. It will be a plus if they catch onto your bullshit, as corporate loves dishonest shitheads. Or you could try being honest & genuine as possible without short selling yourself, you could be a bright spot on a shitstained system.

my truth is more powerful than any lie i can come up with 😤🐺 nah fr i'm not going to lie this first time and see what happens, and draw appropiate conclusions from there
Best of luck, is your job remote or physical?

Last edited:
forsen

forsen

NEET
Nov 25, 2023
Best of luck, is your job remote or physical?
Job offer said hybrid (2days in office, 3days remote), but I asked the HR woman if I can go fully remote for about first 2 months and she said it shouldn't be a problem. Then I might relocate to Warsaw if I really like the job and they need me in the office, ask for fully remote all the time or quit if neither conditions are met. We'll see what happens

Moondust

Moondust

NEET
Nov 8, 2023
People here getting high tier programming and finance jobs yet sign up for a site for neets lol. This place is basically uncensored incel version of r/antiwork

Activity
So far there's no one here