Venting I don't know what I'll do with my life after high school

JCaesar

JCaesar

NEET
Feb 11, 2024
Time is just passing by and I'm dragging myself through school. My friends are dating and going out and I'm just barely passing tests.

I used to be a pretty good kid tbh, the best student in my class with a lot of hope for the future, smarter than many and always got the highest grades in everything, but well guess life had to throw some punches right into that kid's face didn't it. Now I don't even know what college I'll go to or if I will even go to one at all.

Maybe I'll just continue to rot more once I'm done. Could've had a pretty good future with life goals and a big social circle, exploring life with my future in place, but oh well guess it's over for that now isn't it.

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
Time is just passing by and I'm dragging myself through school. My friends are dating and going out and I'm just barely passing tests.
High school was the worst because you saw all these kids cruising through while you were rotting in depression and emptiness, during what are supposed to be the best years of our life. No worse feeling then knowing that you are actively wasting away your peak years and cant do much about it

I used to be a pretty good kid tbh, the best student in my class with a lot of hope for the future, smarter than many and always got the highest grades in everything, but well guess life had to throw some punches right into that kid's face didn't it.
When you take a deeper look at things, having high grades means shit as what really matters is being socially popular and skilled. Kids with high academic performance live very subpar lives compared to the bullies and douchey pricks who fucked around throughout school

Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa

Seeker
Aug 1, 2023
My 2 cents.. don’t isolate yourself from mainstream society after high-school which is what I did. Now I’m basically a shut-in with zero friends, which isn’t necessarily bad but not conducive to a higher quality of life.

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
don’t isolate yourself from mainstream society after high-school which is what I did. Now I’m basically a shut-in with zero friends, which isn’t necessarily bad but not conducive to a higher quality of life.
Isolation is bad and not like neetcels crack it up to be, but you shouldn't immerse yourself in society or else you will get sucked into the hive mind and turn a ruthless animal like the rest.

Although its ironic to preach this on .net because we are as awful and dastardly as those "normies" we claim to despise so much

JCaesar

JCaesar

NEET
Feb 11, 2024
High school was the worst because you saw all these kids cruising through while you were rotting in depression and emptiness, during what are supposed to be the best years of our life. No worse feeling then knowing that you are actively wasting away your peak years and cant do much about it
Truly, people like me rot and worry at school meanwhile other kids are making lifelong connections/memories there.

When you take a deeper look at things, having high grades means shit as what really matters is being socially popular and skilled. Kids with high academic performance live very subpar lives compared to the bullies and douchey pricks who fucked around throughout school
I used to be a pretty talkative kid, could interact with mostly everyone at class and wanted to make people laugh there, couldn't get close to most though. Teachers and parents always said you should keep quiet during class and focus on the studying, pretty sure that affected my youngself badly and made me feel bad about it at the time. Maybe if I had switched schools or done other activities during those times I would've made more friends and connections that would have lasted to this day.

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
I used to be a pretty talkative kid, could interact with mostly everyone at class and wanted to make people laugh there, couldn't get close to most though.
I used to be the same as a child but lost that ability due to anxiety and realizing that my peers only viewed me as a circus clown at best. Class clowning was my lifeline but outside of that you aren't worth shit

JCaesar

JCaesar

NEET
Feb 11, 2024
My 2 cents.. don’t isolate yourself from mainstream society after high-school which is what I did. Now I’m basically a shut-in with zero friends, which isn’t necessarily bad but not conducive to a higher quality of life.
I feel bad cause I related to this a lot (even at school, didn't have many friends there and took a long while before even starting to talk with one outside it, fucked myself up badly and wasn't aware of it).

Last edited:
JCaesar

JCaesar

NEET
Feb 11, 2024
I used to be the same as a child but lost that ability due to anxiety and realizing that my peers only viewed me as a circus clown at best. Class clowning was my lifeline but outside of that you aren't worth shit
Hits hard man, took me a while to realize trying to please everyone with stuff like class clowning at school still doesn't make you please anyone outside your funny moments.

JCaesar

JCaesar

NEET
Feb 11, 2024
Although its ironic to preach this on .net because we are as awful and dastardly as those "normies" we claim to despise so much
Haven't been in this forum for so long but not sure why you say that.

yoc

yoc

Don't care about most shit that people care about
Feb 20, 2024
Idk what advice I could give you since I never went through the same as you. But calm down, and just try to not think too anxiously or get desperate. Ask a girl out or ask to hang out with someone maybe

Thadman

Thadman

NEET
Sep 6, 2023
Hits hard man, took me a while to realize trying to please everyone with stuff like class clowning at school still doesn't make you please anyone outside your funny moments.
People who revolve their persona around jestermaxxing know deep down they really dont have much else to offer, those memes about class clowns and how they are hollow inside are dead accurate

Riddler

Riddler

Fukurist
Oct 18, 2023
I was in your situation during the pandemic rotting on rationalist forums

I told guys my situation about being a depressed dropout, they said dude, youre a dropout here debating philosophy and physics with phds and reccomend i start getting my ged, pursuing online courses and working even odd jobs before I regret wasting more time

If I hadn't taken their advice I'd be starting even later now and eating more regret

I still haven't done college and as much as you'll see me crying about how sad and pathetic my life is things could be a whole lot worse if I didn't take action

JCaesar

JCaesar

NEET
Feb 11, 2024
I was in your situation during the pandemic rotting on rationalist forums

I told guys my situation about being a depressed dropout, they said dude, youre a dropout here debating philosophy and physics with phds and reccomend i start getting my ged, pursuing online courses and working even odd jobs before I regret wasting more time

If I hadn't taken their advice I'd be starting even later now and eating more regret

I still haven't done college and as much as you'll see me crying about how sad and pathetic my life is things could be a whole lot worse if I didn't take action
I'll probably have to start at least something so I don't just rot. Maybe just choose a college with the mindset of "oh, I can see if I like it and change it later if I want" even if that could just make me waste more time.

Shit got me not trying anymore even in high school already though, may just go downhill after it if life stays like that.

Polar-Z

Polar-Z

Goonin forward, troon a new page
Aug 3, 2023
That is 1000000% bad. That's TERRIBLE. literally the worst thing that can happen to a mediocre person.

Make friends. Make friends. make friends or die trying. Never try to navigate life without emotional support. That's a done deal.

Lord_hierophantūs

Lord_hierophantūs

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord; I will repay.
Dec 27, 2023

I used to be a pretty good kid tbh, the best student in my class with a lot of hope for the future, smarter than many and always got the highest grades in everything, but well guess life had to throw some punches right into that kid's face didn't it. Now I don't even know what college I'll go to or if I will even go to one at all.

Maybe I'll just continue to rot more once I'm done. Could've had a pretty good future with life goals and a big social circle, exploring life with my future in place, but oh well guess it's over for that now isn't it.
Sincerely and with ego, I never amounted to much, but if you can amount to something no matter the time it takes do it. Your rot, because deep in your heart something tugs at you that you haven't got the courage to look at, if you must look at it less you should allow it to become more weird and allow more your behavior to become more abnormal.

incelkingkong

incelkingkong

incel battle royale
Nov 28, 2020
go paddock

Activity
So far there's no one here