Discussion How do you approach mortality?

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
I'm relaxing on the 27th floor of a hotel in NYC, looking at all these massive buildings that tower over it and the little ants at the ground level makes me conscious of my own mortality, not as if I don't think about it nearly daily, maybe this'll be the day. I only have so many days, I'm not suicidal so I'm not rushing for it to end and I'm not optimistic enough that cryopreservation or some anti aging technology will solve the issue of death. We've only got these brief moments before it's over, it seems as if life is speeding up for me rather than slowing down as I get older. I get the feeling sometimes as if my life is already over and I'm replaying a memory, it just seems too short.

When you think of your own mortality, how does it make you feel?

IMG 20240217 004326

PointOfNoReturn

PointOfNoReturn

Gothicc Hoes
Jun 11, 2022
I don’t have much concerns for the future or how longer I will be alive. Our future will involve our brains being wired to a computer and our conscious being pushed into virtually generated environments.
IMG 8058

hikkikomori

hikkikomori

always quiet
Jun 16, 2023
excited. I’ve had multiple out of body experiences so death doesnt bother me one bit.

my conciousness is eternal.

Looksmax Refugee

Looksmax Refugee

-
Feb 28, 2021
It's either nothiingness or 😇 (for lite hearted ppl like me). Win-win. Nothing to stress over. Stress ages you and makes you uglier.

Polar-Z

Polar-Z

Goonin forward, troon a new page
Aug 3, 2023
When you think of your own mortality, how does it make you feel?
I am and I shit you not too religiously brainwashed to even comprehend such concept.

I cannot fathom non existence or death. Therefore I have zero fear of "mortality". I live in a constant certain belief of everlasting immorality.

That my friend is how suicidal bombers are made.

Tsuki

Tsuki

NEET
Jan 17, 2024
The nonchalant attitude toward death in the general culture is a widespread way of coping with the overwhelming experience of the inevitability of mortality.

Personally, the awareness of death motivates me to waste less time on useless things. I believe aging will be overcome in the next 30-50 years and I’ll try my best to be able to live forever.

Apart from this, there are different dimensions to it, like the empirical/materialistic, and the philosophical concept of impermanence, but they don’t affect me too much since I believe subjective experience takes precedence over objective reality.

Polar-Z

Polar-Z

Aug 3, 2023
I believe aging will be overcome in the next 30-50 years and I’ll try my best to be able to live forever.
You can't be serious right now. Rmemeber flying cars?.

Polar-Z

Polar-Z

Aug 3, 2023
Easy to achieve as long AGI is developed.
But it ain't here. Ain't it?. My man do you REALLY think such technology will left unregulated in the market with no sponsorship at play?. This shit can be discovered today yet you and me we'll be long dead before the common npc is even allowed to know of its development.

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
Easy to achieve as long AGI is developed.
The mechanisms of aging are already well understood but how to reverse it is different. The scientist who learned of pluripotent cells is getting paid $1b a year by richfags to reverse aging, well not just him but some other 160 IQ individuals too, so maybe...

Tsuki

Tsuki

NEET
Jan 17, 2024
But it ain't here. Ain't it?. My man do you REALLY think such technology will left unregulated in the market with no sponsorship at play?. This shit can be discovered today yet you and me we'll be long dead before the common npc is even allowed to know of its development.
I don't care. I will work for it regardless. No matter how hard or unlikely or unrealistic, to me not trying is worse.

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
I don't care. I will work for it regardless. No matter how hard or unlikely or unrealistic, to me not trying is worse.

IMG 20240217 112833

I agree, we're lucky enough to have intelligence and blessed enough to know that future generations will be unbelievably more intelligent than us barring some disaster. You should sign up for the Cryonics Institute, this is my necklace that I received from them. It only costs $28,000 to be cryopreserved, most people pay with a life insurance policy of $5-10/mo. It's something to think about. This article should convince you.

Brother Wagecuck

Brother Wagecuck

Work and Pray
Nov 28, 2020
I try to think about new experiences I want to try before I biff it. copes. substances.

Activity
So far there's no one here