Story Highschool classmates' Christmas meeting is approaching.

λ-calculus

λ-calculus

Documenting my journey to the sewer
Oct 24, 2023
Ever since senior year, my classmates do a little get-together every year on Christmas. I have attended most of those meetings, but this year is my first year as a full on neet. At least on previous years I could say I was going to university (even if I wasn't really studying all that much), so that was a nice excuse whenever they inevitably ask me what am I up to. If I attend this year and they ask me about it, what the hell am I supposed to do? They'd just laugh at me if they find out I've been a NEET for 8 months now. I am a terrible liar too, so I'd rather not lie. I just don't want to go this year, or any year into future as long as I'm still a NEET. I don't want to go I don't want to go I don't want to go, it gives me anxiety just thinking about going. This yearly meeting is basically my only social interaction with people outside my parents throughout the whole year, so it's kind of a big deal and my parents will probably ask me why didn't I go, but I'm thinking I'd rather not go.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
Ever since senior year, my classmates do a little get-together every year on Christmas. I have attended most of those meetings, but this year is my first year as a full on neet. At least on previous years I could say I was going to university (even if I wasn't really studying all that much), so that was a nice excuse whenever they inevitably ask me what am I up to. If I attend this year and they ask me about it, what the hell am I supposed to do? They'd just laugh at me if they find out I've been a NEET for 8 months now. I am a terrible liar too, so I'd rather not lie. I just don't want to go this year, or any year into future as long as I'm still a NEET. I don't want to go I don't want to go I don't want to go, it gives me anxiety just thinking about going. This yearly meeting is basically my only social interaction with people outside my parents throughout the whole year, so it's kind of a big deal and my parents will probably ask me why didn't I go, but I'm thinking I'd rather not go.
Nobody gives a shit. You're overestimating your importance. Just go. What the fuck?

It's not like you're the only neet in the world.

eric bischoff facepalm GIF by WWE

λ-calculus

λ-calculus

Documenting my journey to the sewer
Oct 24, 2023
Nobody gives a shit. You're overestimating your importance. Just go. What the fuck?

It's not like you're the only neet in the world.

eric bischoff facepalm GIF by WWE
Hmm a report did come out this year saying there are at least 300,000 neets in my country. So yeah, def not the only one. Maybe I should go, it's not giving me as much anxiety today as it was the day I wrote the post.

Activity
So far there's no one here