Depression Zero life experience, never left the comfort zone, afraid of unfamiliar situations

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
[UWSL][UWSL]It's incredibly shocking when you reflect on how little life experience you have compared to most other people. [/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]In my late twenties now and in new unfamiliar situations I feel like an helpless child.[/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]I mean in my case this is not really surprising as I've lived in my room my whole life so far.[/UWSL] [UWSL]I never really went out of my comfort zone.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][UWSL][UWSL] [UWSL][UWSL]Sure, I've been on vacation a few times, but that was with my parents when I was a kid. [UWSL][UWSL]Later in school there were of course a few trips here and there but that[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]s about it. Also never owned a car, always used public transport for school and university.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]What makes it even worse is anxiety, nerves and inexperience when I have to do something new. For example I wouldn[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]t even know how to arrange a vacation in another country. Don[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]t get me wrong I[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]m not that retarded that I couldn[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]t order a ticket online, that[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]s not the point. I mean everything that comes before and after that. [UWSL][UWSL]What do I have to think about?[/UWSL][/UWSL] Driving to the airport, finding a place to park, what do I do when I arrive at the airport? How and what and when and where and who and...I have thousands of questions, I have absolutely no idea.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Just thinking about it makes me nervous af. [/UWSL][/UWSL]Starting to feel like I[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]m Jon Snows long lost retarded neetbrother who really does know absolutely "nothing" about the world.:feelsbad:[/UWSL][/UWSL]

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
you can do web development but cant figure this out? brutal just use google or ask people on the street
Exactly I have to look it up, that's the whole point. [UWSL][UWSL]I need to do my research first. [/UWSL][/UWSL]I'm familiar with web development, I'm used to I feel comfortable with it but a lot of other stuff I first have to look up on Google. Like going on vacation was just one of hundreds of examples.

Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
I feel you man, It almost feels like you just described my life.
you can do web development but cant figure this out? brutal just use google or ask people on the street
C'mon give us software monkeys a slack, we are notoriously autistic.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021

Thanks. At least someone can relate.

I mean even normie npcs probably get a tiny little bit nervous when they haven't done something for months or years and then they need to do it all of a sudden. But in my case It's not just nerves it's anxiety problems that come on top of that. Like the airport example...I would be so tense that when parking my car I would maybe hit another car a little bit or something like that.

At home I'm not unsure at all, you would think I'm a regular dude. But when it comes to unfamiliar situations I become a completely different person, a nervous wreck.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020

i also like coding its just my appearance that makes me confident bro so i dont have to deal with such things

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
i also like coding its just my appearance that makes me confident bro so i dont have to deal with such things
That didnt make any sense @Asylum Patient is a chad lite as well. It's not being attractive makes you better at driving or arranging vacations :feelslol:

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
That didnt make any sense @Asylum Patient is a chad lite as well. It's not being attractive makes you better at driving or arranging vacations :feelslol:
I guess what I tried to write between the lines of my post was that over a decade of isolation did their damage on me. Some neets deal with it better than others. For me it meant an increase in anxiety and nerves in most situations.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
[UWSL][UWSL]It's incredibly shocking when you reflect on how little life experience you have compared to most other people. [/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]In my late twenties now and in new unfamiliar situations I feel like an helpless child.[/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]I mean in my case this is not really surprising as I've lived in my room my whole life so far.[/UWSL] [UWSL]I never really went out of my comfort zone.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][UWSL][UWSL] [UWSL][UWSL]Sure, I've been on vacation a few times, but that was with my parents when I was a kid. [UWSL][UWSL]Later in school there were of course a few trips here and there but that[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]s about it. Also never owned a car, always used public transport for school and university.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]What makes it even worse is anxiety, nerves and inexperience when I have to do something new. For example I wouldn[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]t even know how to arrange a vacation in another country. Don[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]t get me wrong I[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]m not that retarded that I couldn[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]t order a ticket online, that[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]s not the point. I mean everything that comes before and after that. [UWSL][UWSL]What do I have to think about?[/UWSL][/UWSL] Driving to the airport, finding a place to park, what do I do when I arrive at the airport? How and what and when and where and who and...I have thousands of questions, I have absolutely no idea.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Just thinking about it makes me nervous af. [/UWSL][/UWSL]Starting to feel like I[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]m Jon Snows long lost retarded neetbrother who really does know absolutely "nothing" about the world.:feelsbad:[/UWSL][/UWSL]
I'm a little confused by your post because of lack of examples. So are you planning a current vacation? There is always a learning curb for every one dont beet yourself up bud. It's ok to feel nervous. About driving, if you dont have any experience then its perfectly normal to feel anxious about parking into tight spaces. I know I used to. Maybe pay a premium to have better insurance coverage to lower your deductible this will lower your anxiety.

Your still very younge although behind I'll admit but if you make a mistake that's ok as well. Just pretend your breathing threw a thin straw this will help with your anxiety. Breathing deeply can actually cause you to pass out if you do it too much. :feelsstudy:

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
I guess what I tried to write between the lines of my post was that over a decade of isolation did their damage on me. Some neets deal with it better than others. For me it meant an increase in anxiety and nerves in most situations.
In other words you've been very sheltered in your life and lack crucial life experiences. Which causes you anxiety. Leaving your comfort zone is unfamiliar. You feel a sense of shame because your in your late 20s not a teenager and compare yourself to others wich makes you feel depressed. But now your ready to branch out on a vacation but feel over overwhelmed with decision making and the unknown. Did I paraphrase that correctly for you asylum? :feelsuhuh:

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
I'm a little confused by your post because of lack of examples. So are you planning a current vacation? There is always a learning curb for every one dont beet yourself up bud. It's ok to feel nervous. About driving, if you dont have any experience then its perfectly normal to feel anxious about parking into tight spaces. I know I used to. Maybe pay a premium to have better insurance coverage to lower your deductible this will lower your anxiety.

Your still very younge although behind I'll admit but if you make a mistake that's ok as well. Just pretend your breathing threw a thin straw this will help with your anxiety. Breathing deeply can actually cause you to pass out if you do it too much. :feelsstudy:
Lol no the vacation arrangement was just an example of a new unfamiliar situation that would cause me enormous stress and anxiety.
It could be anything...like making a restaurant reservation, making a dentist appointment. I become a completely different person in unfamiliar situations. Suddenly I'm tense, anxious, nervous.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
In other words you've been very sheltered in your life and lack crucial life experiences. Which causes you anxiety. Leaving your comfort zone is unfamiliar. You feel a sense of shame because your in your late 20s not a teenager and compare yourself to others wich makes you feel depressed. But now your ready to branch out on a vacation but feel over overwhelmed with decision making and the unknown. Did I paraphrase that correctly for you asylum? :feelsuhuh:
Pretty much but read my post above, the vacation arrangement was just an example.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
Pretty much but read my post above, the vacation arrangement was just an example.
I think I understand now. Basically your a scared little bitch:feelslol: to do anything is what sounds like to me. Just joking but seriously did your parents make all your appointments or something. Your anxiety levels seem to be unusually high for something as mundane as a restaurant reservation. So why does this make you so nervous? :feelsstudy:

Last edited:
Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
I think I understand now. Basically your a scared little bitch:feelslol: to do anything is what sounds like to me. No but seriously did your parents make all your appointments or something. Your anxiety levels seem to be unusually high for something as mundane as a restaurant reservation. So why does this make you so nervous? :feelsstudy:
What's going on today? Either Atilla and you are not the brightest bulbs on the christmas tree today:feelslol: ... or I need to work on expressing myself more clearly.

No, I do it all by myself and get it all done. I mean I talk with clients daily and thats not a fucking problem.
The problem is when there is a NEW and unfamiliar situation that comes up. Or something that I havent done in many months or years, that shit makes me nervous. I get them all done in the end, but I don't like it. Makes me tense up and get nervous.

Atila

Atila

Dec 2, 2020
What's going on today? Either Atilla and you are not the brightest bulbs on the christmas tree today:feelslol: ... or I need to work on expressing myself more clearly.

No, I do it all by myself and get it all done. I mean I talk with clients daily and thats not a fucking problem.
The problem is when there is a NEW and unfamiliar situation that comes up. Or something that I havent done in many months or years, that shit makes me nervous. I get them all done in the end, but I don't like it. Makes me tense up and get nervous.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020

Your being pretty vague bro. I get a general understanding of your issue. But I hope you resolve your issue not sure if I can help :feelsbad:

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Your being pretty vague bro. I get a general understanding of your issue. But I hope you resolve your issue not sure if I can help :feelsbad:
Its all good man, yeah I gotta work on it. Fabio understood me, mentalcel moment :feelslol:
Its more than over when even your fellow neetbros dont understand you anymore. Fuck.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
I

If you like we can unpack this but I need a clear cut real life example to fully understand but to be honest it sounds like you have some serious anxiety issues in my opion..:feelsbad:
Thanks bro. I think those issues really started to skyrocket in my early twenties when I went to university. Because I was 100% alone there, all the fkn time + understanding the blackpill and how fucked society is. After that I had my first office job (I think I made a detailed thread about that horrible experience). And those experiences during those years just messed me up man. But Im nothing special, I just gotta deal with it. We all have our problems.

Atila

Atila

Dec 2, 2020
Thanks bro. I think those issues really started to skyrocket in my early twenties when I went to university. Because I was 100% alone there, all the fkn time + understanding the blackpill and how fucked society is. After that I had my first office job (I think I made a detailed thread about that horrible experience). And those experiences during those years just messed me up man. But Im nothing special, I just gotta deal with it. We all have our problems.
i dont have anxiety because i give 0 fucks just remind yourself sometimes that everybody will die eventually you will be forgotten like tears in the rain it doesnt mean anything to me

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
i dont have anxiety because i give 0 fucks just remind yourself sometimes that everybody will die eventually you will be forgotten like tears in the rain it doesnt mean anything to me
True. Yeah when I think about it that really seems to be the best mindset to have. Gonna try to follow that, thanks.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
...even the fucking sun will die one day. Its all just one giant cosmical joke. We should all just do whatever we want and have no worries. True.

Saito

Saito

NEET
Sep 19, 2021

You can always ask your parents also you're on the internet dude, so much information and people to help you out. Also if it's that bad maybe see a therapist or something idk.

aksu_aks1

aksu_aks1

EBTmaxxed Goatmaxxing Advocate
Nov 16, 2021

can kind of relate, but ive reached a point where ive become sick of living at home (and my city/state in general) ngl. Parents think im not ready, i guess they proably think i cant take care of myself. Sometimes to get life experience you got to be like when they throw a kid in a pool to see if it swims. Like shit g it might work out. For me its kind of what im trying to do, like im trying to get these jobs that come with free housing, and then i feel like i can just figure it out how to live on my own, like how hard can it be you know.

like before i was 13 my life was just school and being taken along with my family where they went, was really sheltered. A lot of the "adult life" shit is self explanatory, like dont worry g you can probably figure it out.

Last edited:
nelson

nelson

Low self awareness
Feb 6, 2021
Everyone on here is mentally ill. We would’ve be here if we didn’t have issues. I hope you get better.

Activity
So far there's no one here