You think time feels like it speeds up with age? Anyone else feels like the days just fly by?

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
It feels like the older I get the faster time passes, the days just fly by. Especially since I started my wageslave job, that just made it even worse. The speed in which the time passes seems like 3x as fast than before.

Not sure if this is a good sign that I'm actually doing good at my new job? Or maybe it just means that I'm very busy. I think that's what it boils down to. If you are very busy the time seems to go faster, at least in my case.

...but it also makes me sad and nostalgic. When I was a kid every day was like a long book chapter, a day full of adventures and new things to discover.
And now? I can't even remember what I did last week. It's all a boring, empty blur of numbness.:feelsbad:

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
This. Nothing happens in our lives, we don't create memories.
Always notice this when relatives come to visit us. We are all sitting at the table and one person after another talks about all kinds of experiences, a holiday trip, a cool memory. I have no other choice but to stay silent, its so soul crushing.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
It feels like the older I get the faster time passes, the days just fly by. Especially since I started my wageslave job, that just made it even worse. The speed in which the time passes seems like 3x as fast than before.

Not sure if this is a good sign that I'm actually doing good at my new job? Or maybe it just means that I'm very busy. I think that's what it boils down to. If you are very busy the time seems to go faster, at least in my case.

...but it also makes me sad and nostalgic. When I was a kid every day was like a long book chapter, a day full of adventures and new things to discover.
And now? I can't even remember what I did last week. It's all a boring, empty blur of numbness.:feelsbad:
Yes it does I can confirm this since I'm the oldest here

A

AspiringNEET

NEET
Nov 25, 2021
Yeah, I've always felt that way. Back when I was younger and in elementary school summer used to feel way too long. 3 months was an eternity and the next school year might as well have been a century away. Now I'm halfway through college and I don't even know where the last 8 years went.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020

It goes faster because the older you get the more your memory's are blurred so time just becomes a never ending loop of the same boring routine so it seems like time is moving faster

Optimus

Optimus

NEET
Jan 8, 2022
Yea I feel the same way. My theory is that when you are young, you cant wait to grow and get older, then you are supposed to hit your prime in your 20's and have all these new and exciting life experiences to look forward to. Once you get too old, however, life does not possess the same interest, days blend into one another, everyday feels the same so time has no meaning when there is nothing to look forward to.

Activity
So far there's no one here