wow maintenance is today and I have to hang around here

F

FastBananaCEO

Banned
Nov 29, 2020
blizzard is full of diversity hires, women, and soys so they have to take down the servers every tuesday for 1-10 hours like it is 2004
Wtf why? Also what game?

F

FastBananaCEO

Banned
Nov 29, 2020
World of Warcraft. I don't know, someone who knows about server hardware/software could probably provide an answer.
Brutal. What makes wow such a good game that it's lasted like 20 years. I genuinely no nothing about the game and have never played it

Zargrim

Zargrim

NEET
Dec 3, 2020
Brutal. What makes wow such a good game that it's lasted like 20 years. I genuinely no nothing about the game and have never played it
Well for me it is the art direction, and blizzard games are usually pretty solid without complete game breaking bugs or atrocious gameplay. They aren't as respected as they used to be (diversity), but they are still relatively good.

F

FastBananaCEO

Banned
Nov 29, 2020
Well for me it is the art direction, and blizzard games are usually pretty solid without complete game breaking bugs or atrocious gameplay. They aren't as respected as they used to be (diversity), but they are still relatively good.
Who the fuck gives a shit about diversity. There's a reason why there are more of a certain group of people than anyone else. There's no bias.

الطائر ابن لا أحد

الطائر ابن لا أحد

Survival of the fittest
Nov 28, 2020
Wtf why? Also what game?

World of Warcraft. I don't know, someone who knows about server hardware/software could probably provide an answer.
  • Hardware Maintainence: HDDs and SSDs just die over time, especially when they're under the load of WoW with constant r/w access, practically 24/7. We just don't feel a malfunctioning HDD on our side because systems like these are highly redundant. Faulty Hardware needs to be changed nevertheless, and hot swapping is always a bit of a risk.
  • Server Patches: It's complex software and bugs just happen. Even if there are no official patchnotes here. But not every bug is really relevant to players.
  • Software Maintainence: Just a restart to clear caches often does the trick to keep everything running smoothly.

الطائر ابن لا أحد

الطائر ابن لا أحد

Survival of the fittest
Nov 28, 2020
Are you playing classic or 9.0.2?

F

FastBananaCEO

Banned
Nov 29, 2020
  • Hardware Maintainence: HDDs and SSDs just die over time, especially when they're under the load of WoW with constant r/w access, practically 24/7. We just don't feel a malfunctioning HDD on our side because systems like these are highly redundant. Faulty Hardware needs to be changed nevertheless, and hot swapping is always a bit of a risk.
  • Server Patches: It's complex software and bugs just happen. Even if there are no official patchnotes here. But not every bug is really relevant to players.
  • Software Maintainence: Just a restart to clear caches often does the trick to keep everything running smoothly.
Wow is a massive game it doesn't surprise me

Activity
So far there's no one here