Worshiping a diety should be classified as a mental illness

Synthesis

Synthesis

foolish child
Nov 26, 2020
When did this forum turn into a reddit-tier fedora-infested shithole? Let me make things clear: there's nothing wrong being an atheist (indeed, I happen to be one), but this sort of smug and artificial attitude towards religion is utterly cringe.
>hehe dumb theist believes in magic sky daddy im so much smarter than him!
Go ahead and try to read a text by the likes of Aquinas or Avicenna and tell me if you have the ability to comprehend it, let alone 'deboonk' it. You're not smarter than religious people just because you watched videos of Dawkins epically owning the theists. You're not even qualified to discuss matters pertaining to philosophy and metaphysics. Stop coping.

Nishijou Takumi

Nishijou Takumi

Neidhardt der Blitzschnelle
Jun 13, 2021
Imagine praying to someone you cant see that's called schizophrenia
Mental illnesses are based on societal standards, western values are built on Christian religion, therefore it would be contradictory.
Having a false metaphysical belief doesn’t classify as something Of split mindedness

Nishijou Takumi

Nishijou Takumi

Jun 13, 2021
When did this forum turn into a reddit-tier fedora-infested shithole? Let me make things clear: there's nothing wrong being an atheist (indeed, I happen to be one), but this sort of smug and artificial attitude towards religion is utterly cringe.
Go ahead and try to read a text by the likes of Aquinas or Avicenna and tell me if you have the ability to comprehend it, let alone 'deboonk' it. You're not smarter than religious people just because you watched videos of Dawkins epically owning the theists. You're not even qualified to discuss matters pertaining to philosophy and metaphysics. Stop coping.
Can I marry you? , thank god (lol) that someone is acting intelligently

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
Didnt read

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
cope
3261c9dcd262e5d06853f7352a115aa76d9d1578dfb74396fe81cce68a150cc6

K

Kaz

-
Nov 29, 2020
When did this forum turn into a reddit-tier fedora-infested shithole?
No one knows who you are and what was this forum before?
How is this Reddit tier? On Reddit you are not allowed to criticize religion.

Let me make things clear: there's nothing wrong being an atheist (indeed, I happen to be one), but this sort of smug and artificial attitude towards religion is utterly cringe.
You are not an atheist. You go apeshit whenever someone mentions god not being real.

There is serious brain damage if one believes in fairytales.

Go ahead and try to read a text by the likes of Aquinas or Avicenna and tell me if you have the ability to comprehend it, let alone 'deboonk' it.
Read this and that and then you know this and the you love cock and comprehend it and deboonk my asshole hard, deboooooonk 8===D. It!!!!

You're not smarter than religious people just because you watched videos of Dawkins epically owning the theists. You're not even qualified to discuss matters pertaining to philosophy and metaphysics. Stop coping.
Who mentioned Dawkins? I knew god wasn't real when I was 6, this not a fucking rocket science. Legit retarded people question God's existence so fuck off again with the big names.
How is @Neetgod who has lived 3times the amount of time you've existed, not qualified to discuss anything he wants?
You just another cumshot throwing big names and words without actually saying anything. Fuck off from this forum like you did before. Pretentious faggot.

Synthesis

Synthesis

foolish child
Nov 26, 2020
No one knows who you are and what was this forum before?

You are not an atheist. You go apeshit whenever someone mentions god not being real.

There is serious brain damage if one believes in fairytales.

Read this and that and then you know this and the you love cock and comprehend it and deboonk my asshole hard, deboooooonk 8===D. It!!!!

Who mentioned Dawkins? I knew god wasn't real when I was 6, this not a fucking rocket science. Legit retarded people question God's existence so fuck off again with the big names.
How is @Neetgod who has lived 3times the amount of time you've existed, not qualified to discuss anything he wants?
You just another cumshot throwing big names and words without actually saying anything. Fuck off from this forum like you did before. Pretentious faggot.
If you're wondering why I 'go apeshit' when I see posts like yours and OP's, it's because I don't like smug and midwitted faggots. There's nothing pretentious about what I wrote; you're saying that theists are stupid and you're smarter than them by virture of not believing in 'fairy tales'. Go ahead, then, and debunk the theological texts written by those stupid theists. It's only natural that you'd be able to, given your superior intelligence. Yet the sad truth is that, far from debunking them, you wouldn't be able to understand them in the first place, because you've never read a book on philosophy or metaphysics before. You're a midwit and an obnoxious little faggot to top it off.
r/atheism has more than 2 million members. There's a reason why fedora ideology is associated with redditors more than anyone else. Looks like you're even lower than a midwit, you're a clueless cretin.
You're not funny, tryhard.

K

Kaz

-
Nov 29, 2020
Go ahead, then, and debunk the theological texts written by those stupid theists. It's only natural that you'd be able to, given your superior intelligence. Yet the sad truth is that, far from debunking them, you wouldn't be able to understand them in the first place, because you've never read a book on philosophy or metaphysics before.
This is the funniest shit I've read here.
What is so hard to understand about Bible and Quran?
They are not vague at all. Do this not that and that's it.
Please enlighten me, tell me something I don't understand and cannot debunk, please I beg of you oh the one who reads books.

Synthesis

Synthesis

foolish child
Nov 26, 2020
This is the funniest shit I've read here.
What is so hard to understand about Bible and Quran?
They are not vague at all. Do this not that and that's it.
Please enlighten me, tell me something I don't understand and cannot debunk, please I beg of you oh the one who reads books.
I didn't say scripture, I said "theological texts." Surely you know the difference. Theology is the discipline that deals with God's existence and essence. If you want to own the theists with epic facts and logic, then you should start there.
I don't believe religious texts are particularly insightful when it comes to (dis-)proving the existence of God.

K

Kaz

-
Nov 29, 2020
I didn't say scripture, I said "theological texts." Surely you know the difference. Theology is the discipline that deals with God's existence and essence.
Anyone with a smartphone can look up anything.

If you want to own the theists with epic facts and logic, then you should start there.
No. You need a bare minimum of brain activity to know that believing in God is retarded. You try to make this to be a deeper issue while in reality, atheists figured this shit out in kindergarten. Santa Claus is not real either, or do we need to have a deep conversation about studies done and books written on Santa?

I don't believe religious texts are particularly insightful when it comes to (dis-)proving the existence of God
Bible, Quran, etc... are the reasons why people believe in God. I'd say religious texts matter the most when it comes to dealing with retards like you who don't believe but loves to get bukkake by Muhammad and Jesus.

Ritalincel

Ritalincel

😇
Nov 28, 2020
I came up with this quote just a few minutes ago. I thought The Café would appreciate.

Just to be clear, I'm not a professional 'quote maker'. I'm just an atheist teenager who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly fiction book written 3,500 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

'In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.'

Eh?

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
I came up with this quote just a few minutes ago. I thought The Café would appreciate.

Just to be clear, I'm not a professional 'quote maker'. I'm just an atheist teenager who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly fiction book written 3,500 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

'In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.'

Eh?

Synthesis

Synthesis

foolish child
Nov 26, 2020
Anyone with a smartphone can look up anything.
>Reading a wiki article on quantum physics is just like being a quantum physicist
Looking up things is often not enough; you need training and repeated exposure. In the case of philosophy and metaphysics, there's no alternative to reading books. If you're ADHD-addled and get filtered by books, then that's fine, but let this inadequacy of yours humble you.

No. You need a bare minimum of brain activity to know that believing in God is retarded. You try to make this to be a deeper issue while in reality, atheists figured this shit out in kindergarten. Santa Claus is not real either, or do we need to have a deep conversation about studies done and books written on Santa?

Bible, Quran, etc... are the reasons why people believe in God. I'd say religious texts matter the most when it comes to dealing with retards like you who don't believe but loves to get bukkake by Muhammad and Jesus.
You didn't figure out shit, you're just parroting cliched atheist arguments from 2012. Santa Clause, of course, doesn't posses the properties that God possesses, and any argument theists make for the existence of God would not apply to him.

What do you understand from this passage? Go ahead and "look it up"; after all, we live in the information age where even the average looksmax user can become a distinguished polymath. By the way, this isn't some mystical or esoteric text, it's highly technical, highly formal and rigorous analysis--a tradition that goes back to the times of Ancient Greece.
>inb4 muh word salad
>inb4 philosophy bad

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
>Reading a wiki article on quantum physics is just like being a quantum physicist
Looking up things is often not enough; you need training and repeated exposure. In the case of philosophy and metaphysics, there's no alternative to reading books. If you're ADHD-addled and get filtered by books, then that's fine, but let this inadequacy of yours humble you.

You didn't figure out shit, you're just parroting cliched atheist arguments from 2012. Santa Clause, of course, doesn't posses the properties that God possesses, and any argument theists make for the existence of God would not apply to him.

View attachment 15847
What do you understand from this passage? Go ahead and "look it up"; after all, we live in the information age where even the average looksmax user can become a distinguished polymath. By the way, this isn't some mystical or esoteric text, it's highly technical, highly formal and rigorous analysis--a tradition that goes back to the times of Ancient Greece.
>inb4 muh word salad
>inb4 philosophy bad
Waters wet, didnt read religion is cope I dont need to read some shit philosophers to know that

FeminismIsCancer

FeminismIsCancer

Marecel
Nov 30, 2020
I’m an atheist and I used to hate religion until I realised that it was actually a useful tool to keep women at their place. Maybe we need a religion that only brainwashes girls but where men know it’s BS and only keep appearances up. Idk.

Nishijou Takumi

Nishijou Takumi

Jun 13, 2021

View attachment 15847
>inb4 muh word salad
>inb4 philosophy bad
Is that Kant talking about the Nomenal world verses phenomenal ?

Nishijou Takumi

Nishijou Takumi

Jun 13, 2021
I disagree on Kant’s metaphysics though, how can we even be ascertained that objects in of themselves trying to separate a lower world a transcendent so you can have some frame work for your morals trying to fit in a Christian type of way. Same thing the other idealists did, always talking about a true idealistic world instead of focusing on the here in our reality
The other problem is personality, we have our own perspectives of the world, people see the world differently and it also seems the desire of something beyond like a universal truth, God, or things in themselves are imperative of this.
I side much more with more how Fitche and Nietzsche see it.

Nishijou Takumi

Nishijou Takumi

Jun 13, 2021
I think we see things in relation to other things, not by creation from things in of themselves, a priori

Nishijou Takumi

Nishijou Takumi

Jun 13, 2021

I highly recommend you all read Ecce Homo and Will to power

Synthesis

Synthesis

foolish child
Nov 26, 2020
Is that Kant talking about the Nomenal world verses phenomenal ?
It's Avicenna, who was a neoplatonist.
I disagree on Kant’s metaphysics though, how can we even be ascertained that objects in of themselves trying to separate a lower world a transcendent so you can have some frame work for your morals trying to fit in a Christian type of way. Same thing the other idealists did, always talking about a true idealistic world instead of focusing on the here in our reality
The other problem is personality, we have our own perspectives of the world, people see the world differently and it also seems the desire of something beyond like a universal truth, God, or things in themselves are imperative of this.
I side much more with more how Fitche and Nietzsche see it.
As luck would have it, I happen to be an idealist, though not of the Kantian sense. I don't believe it's accurate to describe idealism as a denial of reality; rather, it's just an attempt at figuring out its true essence. I take the thing-in-itself to be of a mental nature, and phenomena to be how that mentation appears to us from the outside. Think of a living human or animal brain; it's just a lump of cells and tissue, but that's only its appearance to "outside" observers, for its true nature consists in subjective experience (i.e., qualia).
This might appear quite silly at first glance, as it seems imply that inanimate matter is conscious. No one in their right mind would ascribe sentience to a rock or a chair. But that needn't be assumed; for, rocks and chairs are just arbitrary human names. A rock doesn't exist as a rock, it exists as part of something much bigger than itself. And that thing is mental, whose external appearance is the phenomenal qualities we experience. It's hard to go deeper into this without becoming overly speculative, but it's the only way the hard problem of consciousness could be avoided (as opposed to solved, since that will never happen).

Activity
So far there's no one here