Serious Women

Eren

Eren

‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏
Nov 28, 2020
When talking to women does anybody else feel like there's a part missing? Kind of like your talking to a teenager whose brain isn't fully developed but different. not an intelligence thing. Maybe you could partially chalk it up to the agreeableness stats on big 5 personality tests but I think it more so ties in with whatever mechanism makes women more agreeable on average in the first place & the ramifications of that on the female psyche.

Looksmax Refugee

Looksmax Refugee

-
Feb 28, 2021
I would assume women are "agreeable," because of men trying to get on their good side, for an opportunity at you know what.

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
They don't tend to have much opinions of their own and will agree with yours virtually always if they enjoy being around you enough. They are social chameleons. But just because they agree with your opinions doesn't mean it's their opinion now, like you would get if you managed to convince a man through a solid argument, instead they adopt your opinion in your presence and only for as long as it suits them. Many people do this to be honest, not just women, but women overwhelmingly do this and with little to no self-awareness that they do it. I chalk it up to them being physically weaker and having to rely on social manipulation for power. The strongest person in a village in the old days wasn't the chief, it was the chief's wife who controlled him and through proxy, controlled everyone else. It's definitely offputting, as you would expect when you think you know someone reasonably well and then realize that most of what they've said to you is simply what you wanted to hear.

Eren

Eren

‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏
Nov 28, 2020
They don't tend to have much opinions of their own and will agree with yours virtually always if they enjoy being around you enough. They are social chameleons. But just because they agree with your opinions doesn't mean it's their opinion now, like you would get if you managed to convince a man through a solid argument, instead they adopt your opinion in your presence and only for as long as it suits them. Many people do this to be honest, not just women, but women overwhelmingly do this and with little to no self-awareness that they do it. I chalk it up to them being physically weaker and having to rely on social manipulation for power. The strongest person in a village in the old days wasn't the chief, it was the chief's wife who controlled him and through proxy, controlled everyone else. It's definitely offputting, as you would expect when you think you know someone reasonably well and then realize that most of what they've said to you is simply what you wanted to hear.
You put it perfectly. & when you think about it we're really just less malleable which gives the illusion of substance. Some people are granite & others clay.

Gooply

Gooply

Sadcel
Aug 9, 2021
another perfect comment, this is half my experience of why being very invested in your opinions and arguing is so pointless.
but if she can gain nothing from lying about the opinion, she will never change it and argue in circles. It takes mindless holes in an argument or everyone around them disagreeing for most people to agree that they are wrong. Definitely almost all men are like this too.
They often back up friends they personally believe are in the wrong just because they are friends and will never ever think or care about the morality of being this way.

Activity
So far there's no one here