Why do people even have to pay rent?

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
It's not just that I think rent prices are astronomically high, I never understood the whole concept of paying rent. This whole idea just seems strange to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that people should live completely for free. I do understand that the property costs money to build and maintain, it's capitalism at the end of the day. But I guess I don't like the concept that buildings or apartments can be owned by one single landlord. It should be banned.

The tenants who live in the building should all be the owners as a group. That might sound way too anti-capitalistic but it just makes much more sense than one rich asshole who had the money to invest in it, who owns it all, and who can demand monthly rent from his rentcuck-slaves. That would also solve the problem that the landlord can raise the rent prices every goddamn year while inflation also goes up.

Combine this with universal basic income and property maintenance, repairs and taxes would actually be very easy to pay off by the tenants.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
Rich people control power -> power controls the rules -> rich people want more money -> you become a rentfag
It's that easy :feelsok: all of our opinions mean nothing because we are broke and aren't willing to kill anyone (our only true source of power as poor people) :feelsok: we are the slave class, albeit, at least self-aware

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
Rich people control power -> power controls the rules -> rich people want more money -> you become a rentfag
It's that easy :feelsok: all of our opinions mean nothing because we are broke and aren't willing to kill anyone (our only true source of power as poor people) :feelsok: we are the slave class, albeit, at least self-aware
I want to sever the fate of this world.

A world of only Victors.

A world of only Peace.

A world of only Love.

I will create such a World.

I am... the Ghost of the Uchiha.

For truly this reality... is a Hell.

Optimus

Optimus

NEET
Jan 8, 2022
Yea where I live rent and property values have soared to completely unaffordable levels. I do not know how people can afford that along with the rising costs of living. There was a time where you could buy your own house for a decent price, rent was cheap, plenty of decent jobs available.

I think this is all according to a plan by ((them))). The way its heading nobody will own anything, we will all be slaves to these corps, some of which are already trying to buy all the residential properties they can.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Yea where I live rent and property values have soared to completely unaffordable levels. I do not know how people can afford that along with the rising costs of living. There was a time where you could buy your own house for a decent price, rent was cheap, plenty of decent jobs available.

I think this is all according to a plan by ((them))). The way its heading nobody will own anything, we will all be slaves to these corps, some of which are already trying to buy all the residential properties they can.
Absolutely. And what do we see in the news? Its 80% all about corona, 10% sports and 10% celebrity news it seems to me.

Almost no one is talking about the inflation (in the US inflation has its highest level since 1982 (!), consumer prices jump 7% just in 2021) about the skyrocketing cost of living, the housing shortage, [UWSL][UWSL]shortage of raw materials[/UWSL][/UWSL] etc. To put it in simple words: Everything is going to shit. The mass unemployment numbers from the 1920s and 30s will be nothing compared to what we are heading at.

Activity
So far there's no one here