Discussion Why are you a NEET?

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Do you feel like you fucked up in life and it is easier to just stay at home?

Do you seem to get no female attention and have given up on a career because your only goal for that would to get a partner who liked you or wasn't a slut?

Do you find it hard to find a goal in life that seems meaningful?

OR

Do you have a goal separate from something that would require education and employment ( Bicycling throughout the USA, becoming a spiritual ascetic
, etc,)

MyNameIsHammurabi

MyNameIsHammurabi

NEET
Dec 15, 2020

Do you seem to get no female attention and have given up on a career because your only goal for that would to get a partner who liked you or wasn't a slut?

OR

Do you have a goal separate from something that would require education and employment ( Bicycling throughout the USA, becoming a spiritual ascetic
, etc,)
Many reasons. I think the most important one is that the usual careermaxing is very ineffective. You need a good university then you need to be the best in your class, get into a competitive company, and finally start climbing the corporate ladder. The whole thing takes more than a decade. Requires a high IQ and strong work ethic. Even if you did all those you’d be having a hard time braking 6 figures and the company will be sucking the life out of you. To make matters worst the competition is getting worst and worst. Not only is every kid being sent to college you have extremely high IQ immigrants taking up the high paying jobs. As a NEET your best shot at success is picking the best best crypt or stock. Even that is becoming extremely risky since the stock market has become extremely popular and you have many normies changing the entire dynamic of how things work. If you ask me what a NEET should do is to learn a trade or consider getting any public job that offers a pension.

K

Kaz

-
Nov 29, 2020
I hear Europe is becoming a scary place with a lot of regulation laws
Pedo paradise... The age of consent is between 14-16... Fuck I hate it here. Foids in their late teens have already fucked hundreds of guys. Everyone has only fans and even looking like a white man is a crime.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Pedo paradise... The age of consent is between 14-16... Fuck I hate it here. Foids in their late teens have already fucked hundreds of guys. Everyone has only fans and even looking like a white man is a crime.
That is terrible, the EU seems destined to just fall apart into ruin with this.

• +1
Reactions: Kaz
Fimbultyr

Fimbultyr

Currently in search of Hyperborea
Feb 20, 2022
Because I have simply given up hope on life. I've always been very hard-working, I started working in a drinks shop at the age of 16, alongside school, and I saved up most of the money, to buy myself a house in the future.
My goal was to set up a self-sufficient farm at some point. But since everything is changing at the moment, in the world, I have no hope that this will be even possible in the future.
Everything is becoming more digitalised, we are on the brink of a third world war, rising inflation, housing is becoming scarcer (and therefore more expensive), society becomes more degenerate, etc.
Also, at the moment I'm only semi-NEET, because I have to work 45 hours a month to pay rent to my mother.
Being self-sufficient is the only meaningful goal I have and can think of. As long as I can't achieve that, I will just rot in my room.

NarcyChadlite

NarcyChadlite

Aesthete, scholar, Meghan's husband
Apr 11, 2021

OR

, etc,)
Im not im actually chad but i come here to my babecels whenever i feel blue 🙁

captainsalamander

captainsalamander

cutecel
Mar 19, 2022
physically disabled + aspergers + multiple anxiety disorders
hoping to go to community college this fall though, just to escape the NEETism a bit and get a good degree.

6speedmanual

6speedmanual

Progressing
Dec 1, 2020
Got burned out from trying to go to college + workcell at the same time. Fed up w/ being ugly, dropped out and wanted to looksmax before returning. Its been 2 years now, don't really see myself going back.

Also if i wasnt mentally ill before, i sure as hell am now

K

kaang

lurkercel
Oct 29, 2021
Because the jew has determined it is economically most profitable for him to make me leech off my laboring immigrant parents and LDAR.

F

FullTimeRotter

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
too low iq to go to college and too mentally ill to work for the rest of my life. i have no chances of getting a job that pays well so i might as well just stay a NEET at this point.

WormyHell

WormyHell

NEET
Apr 10, 2022
Being around people is painful. I had a pretty isolated childhood and my brain has been brutally gangraped by mental illness and drugs. Im 26 and getting back on track is pretty improbable now.

Right now my goal is to become healthy. I have really let myself go this year. I want to quit all substances, start lifting and running again, eat better, sleep better, and then meditate and read much more.

I honestly want to join a sangha when I can and start working towards becoming a buddhist monk. I simply want to end suffering without necking myself if I can help it.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Being around people is painful. I had a pretty isolated childhood and my brain has been brutally gangraped by mental illness and drugs. Im 26 and getting back on track is pretty improbable now.

Right now my goal is to become healthy. I have really let myself go this year. I want to quit all substances, start lifting and running again, eat better, sleep better, and then meditate and read much more.

I honestly want to join a sangha when I can and start working towards becoming a buddhist monk. I simply want to end suffering without necking myself if I can help it.
You’re Buddhist too? So am I?

WormyHell

WormyHell

NEET
Apr 10, 2022
You’re Buddhist too? So am I?
I dont like to call myself one when Im not really following the precepts or eightfold path. I was doing pretty good about a year ago. I remember thinking of how the asuras were the inhabitants of Tavatimsa but lost it when they started drinking and lost the dhama. I knew my habits would take me down and they did. Now I really want to get back to practicing.
Do you meditate and stuff? Its nice to know other neets can get meaning out of it too.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
I dont like to call myself one when Im not really following the precepts or eightfold path. I was doing pretty good about a year ago. I remember thinking of how the asuras were the inhabitants of Tavatimsa but lost it when they started drinking and lost the dhama. I knew my habits would take me down and they did. Now I really want to get back to practicing.
Do you meditate and stuff? Its nice to know other neets can get meaning out of it too.
I’m Sotapanna, yes I mediate daily, mostly just walking meditation which is actually more effective then sitting mediation imo.

I read the Suttas and I have a Puja table

Besides Buddhism and Nietzschianism, there’s really not much that really leads to self-actualization imo

WormyHell

WormyHell

NEET
Apr 10, 2022
I’m Sotapanna, yes I mediate daily, mostly just walking meditation which is actually more effective then sitting mediation imo.

I read the Suttas and I have a Puja table

Besides Buddhism and Nietzschianism, there’s really not much that really leads to self-actualization imo
Nietzsche and buddhism is a very dangerous combination.
I wish there was a way for me to know if you are really sotapanna but thats not how it works. If you are then that is very significant. How do you know for yourself that you are?
I like to do walking meditation too. It is very grounding and it helps to actually integrate that state of mind. I almost exclusively do breath meditation and body checks. Do you think walking meditation could be potentially more distracting than asana?
All I got is a buckwheat zafu, a sutta collection and a buddha statue.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Nietzsche and buddhism is a very dangerous combination.
I wish there was a way for me to know if you are really sotapanna but thats not how it works. If you are then that is very significant. How do you know for yourself that you are?
I like to do walking meditation too. It is very grounding and it helps to actually integrate that state of mind. I almost exclusively do breath meditation and body checks. Do you think walking meditation could be potentially more distracting than asana?
All I got is a buckwheat zafu, a sutta collection and a buddha statue.
Sotapanna means unshakable doubt in Buddha’s teachings as well as casted wrong views. I’ve had two people on occasion that have stated I’m most likely Sotapanna, as far as attainments go, it’s not that significant until you reach Anagami.

I don’t know why you think it would be a dangerous combination unless you misunderstand Nietzsche, which sadly most do.

I don’t know what asanas you are referring to.

Do you understand Anicca, Anatta, and Dukkha? If you haven’t deepened your understanding of them, then you will have a hard time “progressing”

F

FullTimeRotter

Banned
Mar 4, 2021

Bloom my friend

WormyHell

WormyHell

NEET
Apr 10, 2022
Sotapanna means unshakable doubt in Buddha’s teachings as well as casted wrong views. I’ve had two people on occasion that have stated I’m most likely Sotapanna, as far as attainments go, it’s not that significant until you reach Anagami.

I don’t know why you think it would be a dangerous combination unless you misunderstand Nietzsche, which sadly most do.

I don’t know what asanas you are referring to.

Do you understand Anicca, Anatta, and Dukkha? If you haven’t deepened your understanding of them, then you will have a hard time “progressing”
Well unshakable doubt seems pretty extreme. It means you will achieve nibbana in 7 or less rebirths. stream entry seems really significant considering how far out buddhism can get. I have a hard time believing in hungry ghosts and buddhist cosmology. I know you arent supposed to bother with that but there is a lot I dont understand.

I know Nietzsche is misunderstood as pessimistic and nihilistic, buddhism is misinterpreted similarly, notably by Nietzsche himself. There are just a lot of concepts that can make you change your values drastically in both. The will to ignorance, independent origination, ressentiment, anatta, etc. buddhism alone is dangerous to some minds. I mainly meant it as a joke though. I am a fan of both myself so Im just playing off of the misinterpretation.

a lot of books just call sitting meditation asana even if technically that is a non specific term for postures.

As far as those terms go Ive seen them countless times and have an intellectual understanding but they probably dont click as they would for a vastly more experienced meditator. Impermanence makes a lot of sense, no self or however you translate that is evident but is harder to act in accord with, and Im sure Im missing the subtlety of dukkha but I probably feel this mark the most. Its not that everything is "suffering" but it is not satisfying because it is conditioned. It is not worth striving for dukkha when you can potentially find something with more essence.

My problem “progressing” is all about becoming heedless. I have a very hard time keeping stable enough to practice.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Well unshakable doubt seems pretty extreme. It means you will achieve nibbana in 7 or less rebirths. stream entry seems really significant considering how far out buddhism can get. I have a hard time believing in hungry ghosts and buddhist cosmology. I know you arent supposed to bother with that but there is a lot I dont understand.

I know Nietzsche is misunderstood as pessimistic and nihilistic, buddhism is misinterpreted similarly, notably by Nietzsche himself. There are just a lot of concepts that can make you change your values drastically in both. The will to ignorance, independent origination, ressentiment, anatta, etc. buddhism alone is dangerous to some minds. I mainly meant it as a joke though. I am a fan of both myself so Im just playing off of the misinterpretation.

a lot of books just call sitting meditation asana even if technically that is a non specific term for postures.

As far as those terms go Ive seen them countless times and have an intellectual understanding but they probably dont click as they would for a vastly more experienced meditator. Impermanence makes a lot of sense, no self or however you translate that is evident but is harder to act in accord with, and Im sure Im missing the subtlety of dukkha but I probably feel this mark the most. Its not that everything is "suffering" but it is not satisfying because it is conditioned. It is not worth striving for dukkha when you can potentially find something with more essence.

My problem “progressing” is all about becoming heedless. I have a very hard time keeping stable enough to practice.
What you need to do is not worry about being stable or such, just observe the skandas without clinging to them.
Also Anicca and Anatta don’t mean impermanence and non-self, that’s a mistranslation, it’s much deeper and significant than that, although those terms are part of it.

The “no-self thing” can be seen as how all experienced phenomena have no eternal unchanging self, just like a river, it flows and never stays the same or has any essence to it.

Suffering is mind made, being kept in samsara is because of our ignorance and our actions based on our mental formations that the lead is to clinging and craving to wrong views and states of being.

I suggest becoming well read and focusing on right effort and mindfulness,

WormyHell

WormyHell

NEET
Apr 10, 2022
What you need to do is not worry about being stable or such, just observe the skandas without clinging to them.
Also Anicca and Anatta don’t mean impermanence and non-self, that’s a mistranslation, it’s much deeper and significant than that, although those terms are part of it.

The “no-self thing” can be seen as how all experienced phenomena have no eternal unchanging self, just like a river, it flows and never stays the same or has any essence to it.

Suffering is mind made, being kept in samsara is because of our ignorance and our actions based on our mental formations that the lead is to clinging and craving to wrong views and states of being.

I suggest becoming well read and focusing on right effort and mindfulness,
thats a good idea. Ive been reading about buddhist concepts and meditation for about 8 years now. I wouldnt call myself well read especially on far out vajrayana stuff and I havent read all the nikayas, but I have read a good deal. I should continue that. I personally think progress requires changes in the brain that happen through meditation. consistent meditation can change how your lymbic system works and increases grey matter in many areas that I believe need that development to sustain samadhi. There are monks who achieved samadhi very early(like 15) but couldnt keep it up until they spent the next 7 years in constant meditation.

How would you translate those terms with one word? Those arent comprehensive terms but thats why we use the sanskrit/pali phrase most of the time. To be completely honest I kind of hate talking about budhism on the internet. It seems like music theory. Because the language is dense and has fancy terms, it leads to a bunch of pedantry. Ive been on a Buddhist forum where everyone would act like the only ones who have read an introductory book on buddhism while throwing out Herman Hesse quotes. Then the eastern Buddhists hate westerners so there is a lot of superiority complexes. It feels distinctly unbuddhist. Im sure you are only intending to be helpful. It just reminds me of r/buddhism and that place still has me a little heated.

Last edited:
『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
thats a good idea. Ive been reading about buddhist concepts and meditation for about 8 years now. I wouldnt call myself well read especially on far out vajrayana stuff and I havent read all the nikayas, but I have read a good deal. I should continue that. I personally think progress requires changes in the brain that happen through meditation. consistent meditation can change how your lymbic system works and increases grey matter in many areas that I believe need that development to sustain samadhi. There are monks who achieved samadhi very early(like 15) but couldnt keep it up until they spent the next 7 years in constant meditation.

How would you translate those terms with one word? Those arent comprehensive terms but thats why we use the sanskrit/pali phrase most of the time. To be completely honest I kind of hate talking about budhism on the internet. It seems like music theory. Because the language is dense and has fancy terms, it leads to a bunch of pedantry. Ive been on a Buddhist forum where everyone would act like the only ones who have read an introductory book on buddhism while throwing out Herman Hesse quotes. Then the eastern Buddhists hate westerners so there is a lot of superiority complexes. It feels distinctly unbuddhist. Im sure you are only intending to be helpful. It just reminds me of r/buddhism and that place still has me a little heated.
Vajrayana is really intended to be with a guru tbh. But yeah I’m just trying to be helpful, in the end all the upaya and teachings are skillful means to an end, that being nibbana.
As long as your making progress or trying to, I think that’s the best anyone can do.
This website puredhamma explains it in much deeper detail, that of Anicca and Anatta

K9Otaku

K9Otaku

NEET
Apr 11, 2022
Vajrayana is really intended to be ....
@WormyHell

To you both Nietzschean/Buddhists

Buddhism is legit, no doubt about that. The goal is to get rid of mental pollution and the Sangha has a solid 2500 year track record of achieving that.

Nietzsche is an altogether different animal. If you look at his life, you soon realize that his track record does not match his claims. First, he was a foid worshiper (Lou Andreas Salome, Cosima Wagner), despite his "misogyny". Then, while promoting superhuman mastery, he ended up in a mental institution, unable to go to the toilet without shitting himself.

Personally, I practice Navya Christiana Darshana, a non-theistic adaptation of Christianity that does not require a belief in "God" or even that Jesus Christ ever existed (we reckon Paul as the creator of our tradition). My AV is the symbol of that faith

The Christian tradition, especially in its monastic form, is very close to Indic yogic darshanas (Buddhism being one of those). I do not deny that Buddhism works, if you follow its regimen faithfully. However, I think that Navya Christiana is a better suited path for us Westerners. In particular, it avoids certain obvious pitfalls like falling for people like Nietzsche, Schop, Spengler, Stirner and the rest.

Btw, I live in Bangalore, India, where there are many Buddhists (mostly Tibetan refugees). I know some of them quite well.

Incellectual_Anon

Incellectual_Anon

NEET
Apr 13, 2022
I have Autistic Spectrum Disorder(ASD). This means I am disabled, have sluggish processing speed, and cannot drive or find employment.

Observe:

SCZ CC

Activity
So far there's no one here