Lifestyle why are so many neets miserable?

Brother Wagecuck

Brother Wagecuck

Work and Pray
Nov 28, 2020
pardon my ignorance, and I am just looking at this from a tired wagecucks perspective.

dont you get all the time in the world for all your hobbies, passions, and personal projects?

dont you get to do whatever you want basically on your own terms?

isnt time the greatest resource? and you have the most?

just curious because it always confused me why a neet would be unhappy.

when i had brief neet periods (a month to 3 months) i was really happy i could watch so much anime, go to sleep whenever I want, eat whenever and whatever i want and just be comfy 24/7.

Nakiami

Nakiami

THAINEETs
Mar 16, 2021
In my cases are fear from being judged, we may think this but way but the rest of society (which majority) aren't, it's like you tried to resist a waterfall you can stand your ground but can't stop the flowing water :feelsbad:

maharsha

maharsha

NEET
Jun 26, 2021
I have neither hobbies, nor passions, nor personal projects (of which I'm proud, at least), and a lot of free time to ponder why I don't have any of those things; the conclusions I reach are usually rather depressing.
>isnt time the greatest resource?
This question reminds me of a joke I like, which Doug Stanhope may or may not have come up with:

A guy's driving down an old country road and he sees a farmer in his orchard feeding his pigs, but what he's doing is he's taking one pig at a time, holding him up, letting him eat an apple out of the tree, and then setting him down before picking up another pig and letting him eat an apple. So the guy pulls over and walks up to the farmer and he says, "Wouldn't it save time to just knock all the apples on the ground and let the pigs eat them all at once?" And the farmer, confused, looks at him and says, "What's time to a pig?"​

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Very good question. I think in many cases it's the social conditioning making you feel guilt and shame.
For me it's my dream to finally live on my own, moving out of the town I lived all my life.

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
For me it is the future thought of having to be a wagie. Also it is the meetings I have with the career mentors and governments agents that help sustain my misery. I also am miserable because I am a low tier man, all the free time in the world can't help you swallow that pill.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
inferior genetics, i know 1 blue hunter eyes chadlite and he is 6'5 we live in the same city come from the same homeless shelter he is same age as me get the same government check but he lifemogs me to oblivion i have many stories with him but its to brutal

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
I love being a NEET. If I became a millionaire, I am genuinely convinced I would be doing exactly the same thing I'd be doing right now. Staying at home, lazing in bed, watching anime, playing games, enjoying my hobbies. I can think of several reasons why a NEET would be miserable, because it took me realizing them myself.

1) The average NEET's life is full of habits that cause depression, anxiety, etc.
To expand on this point, it's well established in various animals (including humans) what causes misery. Sedentary lifestyles, eating processed garbage foods, wacky circadian rhythm, this is well established to cause suffering. Because people are depressed, anxious and so forth they can't actually enjoy this abundance of free time to do anything.
2) Many Western NEET communities idolize suffering
This is something I thought about recently. From what I can tell talking to Japanese NEETs and browsing Japanese imageboards, they don't idolize suffering. They don't equate suffering = robot, neet, etc and happiness = normie. When all of your social interaction is online and it's full of people that try to make you fit this mold of an atypical depressive schizoid robot devoid of emotions, you slowly take form of that. You'll see 30, 40 and even 50 year old Japanese NEETs still enjoying anime and playing video games all day. Then you'll see 20 year olds on 4chan discussing anhedonia. Big community aspect to this, if you ask me.
3) Societal/family obligations
Thankfully, don't care/have this. Society expects you to act a certain way and the average family will push you into that, if you're leeching off your parents, there will naturally be a low form of worrying about "What if they die?" and "How will I sustain myself then?" ...

I get neetbux which is seen as a pittance in my country but I'd NEVER trade this lifestyle for a wageslave's life, I get everything I want and need. I have a nice gaming laptop, a comfortable bed, a fridge full of tasty food and a nice TV to watch anime.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
i rather dont associate with him because of the mog and how he reminds me of the brutal blackpill altough he is always very nice to me atleast all his so called friends are normies desperately trying to socialize with him because they know they will meet foids that way jfl

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
3) Societal/family obligations
Thankfully, don't care/have this. Society expects you to act a certain way and the average family will push you into that, if you're leeching off your parents, there will naturally be a low form of worrying about "What if they die?" and "How will I sustain myself then?" ...

I get neetbux which is seen as a pittance in my country but I'd NEVER trade this lifestyle for a wageslave's life, I get everything I want and need. I have a nice gaming laptop, a comfortable bed, a fridge full of tasty food and a nice TV to watch anime.
That sounds like heaven to me. So you live in your own apartment and get regular neetbux? What about the jobcenter/welfare center? Don't they annoy you with phone calls, emails, letters etc. to apply for jobs or further education courses like they do here in Western Europe?

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
That sounds like heaven to me. So you live in your own apartment and get regular neetbux? What about the jobcenter/welfare center? Don't they annoy you with phone calls, emails, letters etc. to apply for jobs or further education courses like they do here in Western Europe?
Don't remind me. I have a jobcentre phone call in the morning, on Wednesday I have a "Confidence and motivation" online workshop and on Thursday I have a phone call from the "Anxiety management course". However I have some apple ciders in my room so I will do them drunk.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Don't remind me. I have a jobcentre phone call in the morning, on Wednesday I have a "Confidence and motivation" online workshop and on Thursday I have a phone call from the "Anxiety management course". However I have some apple ciders in my room so I will do them drunk.
Oh man that sucks, I'm sorry I didn't know that. But what you said is exactly what I meant in my comment before.
Maybe Europe isn't the best NEET place anymore. I'm interested in neetbux programs in other countries.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
pardon my ignorance, and I am just looking at this from a tired wagecucks perspective.

dont you get all the time in the world for all your hobbies, passions, and personal projects?

when i had brief neet periods (a month to 3 months) i was really happy i could watch so much anime, go to sleep whenever I want, eat whenever and whatever i want and just be comfy 24/7.
Fist off most neets are disabled in some capacity. Neeting is only fulfilling if you have alot of money to buy copes. Most neets are poor living with there parents. most neets are unemployed because wages are too low. Nobody in there right mind just says I'm going to neet with no money. Staying idol is painful. Neeting is cope. Does this answer your question?

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
I don't live in my own apartment (yet) but I'm on a few waiting lists to do so and have gotten offers from cities (I live in the USA) to move there and live in an apartment. But I rejected those, I'd rather live with my parents then have an apartment in Detroit any day. I get regular neetbux though, about $800 a month, I went all out on my claim a few years back so they think I am mentally retarded and simply don't want to bother with me. I haven't heard from a single government employee since I was approved 3 years ago. I went to an Indian quack and got diagnosed with everything I could possibly think of before filing my neetbux claim. Autism, depression, anxiety, ADHD, schizophrenia, dissociative personality disorder, bipolar, still somehow can own guns (lol) but enough on my file that they don't think I'm a case they can recover I'm sure. I probably could work to be honest, just don't want to.

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
life keeps fucking me up , no job , only a handfull of friends , no gf, incel tier , medium class family in europe which sucks bc many ppl are wealthy, everything is keep pilling up.

Despondent

Despondent

Scion of the Iron Lord
Nov 26, 2020
life keeps fucking me up , no job , only a handfull of friends , no gf, incel tier , medium class family in europe which sucks bc many ppl are wealthy, everything is keep pilling up.
wtf for some reason I always thought you were a beaner idek why

Alexanderr

Alexanderr

Admin
Nov 28, 2020

Lack of social interaction, lack of purpose (so obviously they won’t pursue anything) and maybe even lack of daylight and fresh air because they’re inside all day. Could be anything, really.

You also have to wonder, what prompts most to become NEET anyway and who are the type of people that stay NEET for years? Maybe this will bring you closer to the answer you’re looking for.

Lucillian

Lucillian

Lecnilatir) Tomorrow will be a good day.
Nov 30, 2020
to make the joos mad

NEET COOM LDAR

NEET COOM LDAR

NEET
Nov 26, 2020
In my cases are fear from being judged, we may think this but way but the rest of society (which majority) aren't, it's like you tried to resist a waterfall you can stand your ground but can't stop the flowing water :feelsbad:
damn that's a really good way of putting it :feelsok:

الطائر ابن لا أحد

الطائر ابن لا أحد

Survival of the fittest
Nov 28, 2020
I have no money, no future and I feel like I'm wasting my youth.

GraphiteNEET

GraphiteNEET

I must tend to my melon patch
Jul 28, 2021
well for me i was miserable until i started to make some adjustments to my life. like diet, health, and really focusing on doing what makes the inner most part of my soul feel satisfied. and then also focusing on what you CAN change vs what you cant. This is pretty generic and not everyday is champagne and sunshine but its WAY better than before what i was doing. I usually just get a job whenever i have to and beyond that i try not to spend my money crazy i try to save as much as i can

klo666ar

klo666ar

aspiring mentalcel
Nov 28, 2020
was miserable before blackpilling , i have my PC and food , i try to find can i wageslave is it worth or just snap and live like homeless , tbh this world is going to shit so why so seriuos try to get a life ,gf ,or just get nice things i just try to be comfy for free

enjoy the ride , no future

Activity
So far there's no one here