Comfy Which one comes first, anime, (light) novel, or manga?

• Thread starter Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Start date
Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
In most cases it would be the light novel, after which the manga comes out then the anime. Some examples would be Oregairu, Haruhi and the Monogatari series ,some light novels like the Zaregoto series get transformed directly into anime without getting a manga. Neon Genesis Evangelion is actually an original anime which didn't have a manga or light novel.
what do you prefer and what's the correct order in your oppinion, you read the manga first, watch the anime or read the LN?
AsD3e.jpg

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

Jan 26, 2021
Gay literature in western prose written by anally inclined men and roughly translated to LN than adapted to anime and given a manga adaptation for the mainstream audience.
skipping class to write novels to get rich from weebs
6e38bc5b78d3a50949f548607106f2eb.jpg

Alzheimer

Alzheimer

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
Dec 1, 2020
Depends, reading the Hunter x Hunter manga has been made kinda obsolete due to how well the 2011 anime adapted it. The Gintama manga also isn't as good as the anime, which even fully adapted the manga

Last edited:
Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

Jan 26, 2021
Depends, reading the Hunter x Hunter manga has been made kinda obsolete due to how much better the 2011 anime adapted it. The Gintama manga also isn't as good as the anime and it's actually even fully adapted unlike Hunter x Hunter
y, Gintama anime mogs the manga , i dunno maybe gag/humor genre look better on screen(bc of the VA) than papper

Alzheimer

Alzheimer

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
Dec 1, 2020
y, Gintama anime mogs the manga , i dunno maybe gag/humor genre look better on screen(bc of the VA) than papper
The VAs are great, the fights are a lot better executed in the anime and the pacing is quicker. But only till 250, this is where the animation studio changed, they still did a solid job, but it's not nearly as good as when sunrise animated it. To sum up, Ep 3-250 anime is better, Ep250-367 manga is better especially because this is where the manga art peaked quality wise

MyNameIsHammurabi

MyNameIsHammurabi

NEET
Dec 15, 2020
Based Anime would get cancel by bunch of normiefag.
truth right there. Although you could have an absolute shit show but if it’s edgy you could have a hit.

most anime have to pander to the lowest of the low. They have to make the MC a virgin, loser, maybe NEET to associate with the majority of the audience. Then use a plot device to transport MC into another world. Introduce a harem or a few girls that the fans will fight over who is best girl. Be careful not to give the MC too much personality. He needs to bland so the viewer can put himself in the shoes of the MC. Have your show filled with tropes and cliche but try to give them a small spin so the show can defend itself from criticism by saying we did it slightly different.

You just made yourself an anime.

jaded jabble

jaded jabble

NEET
Nov 30, 2020
In most cases it would be the light novel, after which the manga comes out then the anime. Some examples would be Oregairu, Haruhi and the Monogatari series ,some light novels like the Zaregoto series get transformed directly into anime without getting a manga. Neon Genesis Evangelion is actually an original anime which didn't have a manga or light novel.
what do you prefer and what's the correct order in your oppinion, you read the manga first, watch the anime or read the LN?
AsD3e.jpg
i always watch anime first tbh

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
I always try to read OG content first, but if the anime adaptation is very well recived like FMA Brotherhood , then I'll read the anime (I've viewed both)

Depends how much time I have on my hands tbh.

p@rc@

p@rc@

divine
Dec 2, 2020
original anime
then anime from secondary sources.
im not into manga and ln

Activity
So far there's no one here