When you're young

Khaos

Khaos

-
Jul 7, 2021
A very common coping mechanism and I was a big coper myself is to tell yourself that you still have time to make things happen you will still have opportunities to achieve this and that things will eventually turn out fine for you but when you grow old gradually the true tragedy of what your life can be summed up as hits you like a rock and suddenly you realize that there is no point anymore the best is behind you no matter how much it sucked it can and it will get worse and once you reach this moment you can't laugh like you did as a kid anymore.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
A very common coping mechanism and I was a big coper myself is to tell yourself that you still have time to make things happen you will still have opportunities to achieve this and that things will eventually turn out fine for you but when you grow old gradually the true tragedy of what your life can be summed up as hits you like a rock and suddenly you realize that there is no point anymore the best is behind you no matter how much it sucked it can and it will get worse and once you reach this moment you can't laugh like you did as a kid anymore.
Yes, keep telling yourself that.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
You don't know what you're talking about.
I got the impression that in your opinion there's no point trying. Trying what?

You never let the readers know what exactly you wanted to achieve.

You have to know what you want or you'll never accomplish your goal.

Khaos

Khaos

-
Jul 7, 2021
I got the impression that in your opinion there's no point trying. Trying what?

You never let the readers know what exactly you wanted to achieve.

You have to know what you want or you'll never accomplish your goal.
I have achieved some things actually because I put a lot of effort in trying to achieve them but I had to make sacrifices. My thoughts were always that the sacrifices I made were worth it and that eventually I would reap the benefits of my hard work but I had to find out the hard way that it's not all about effort but more so about environment, balance, direction, guidance, opportunities and luck. My point wasn't that there's no point in trying at all but that when you keep naively hoping that some things will work out because you've been fed some bullshit by everyone around you just to realize later on you've been fooling yourself, it will be too late you won't be able to turn back the clock. What I wanted to achieve is a life worth living with a gf family friends and people who care about me.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
What I wanted to achieve is a life worth living with a gf family friends and people who care about me.
Great. Now I know your goals. But some of your goals are seem unachievable like "life worth living". What is it?

You seem to believe that having a girlfriend would make your life worth living –whatever that means. It's like you've never known a man who has a girlfriend, or who has kids and friends. Those guys can be the most miserable people I see during a day.

I don't believe that having new toys would keep you satisfied for a long time. You would find new things to complain about, and you would use the exact same argument of not being able to rewind the clock. That's what I would expect. Unless you learn to live comfortably with what you currently have, and you would still find your life "worth living" with less.

Khaos

Khaos

-
Jul 7, 2021
Great. Now I know your goals. But some of your goals are seem unachievable like "life worth living". What is it?

You seem to believe that having a girlfriend would make your life worth living –whatever that means. It's like you've never known a man who has a girlfriend, or who has kids and friends. Those guys can be the most miserable people I see during a day.

I don't believe that having new toys would keep you satisfied for a long time. You would find new things to complain about, and you would use the exact same argument of not being able to rewind the clock. That's what I would expect. Unless you learn to live comfortably with what you currently have, and you would still find your life "worth living" with less.
It's true that some people end up in bad relationships but cherry picking a case like that does not mean it's enviable to be isolated humans are social animals by nature not having relationships makes one lonely. Who said anything about toys? This feels like a waste of time you're too busy attempting to gaslight me and shill your cult of positivity.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
It's true that some people end up in bad relationships but cherry picking a case like that does not mean it's enviable to be isolated humans are social animals by nature not having relationships makes one lonely. Who said anything about toys? This feels like a waste of time you're too busy attempting to gaslight me and shill your cult of positivity.
Loneliness has little to do with your actual circumstances. A man can be in a relationship and feel lonely. Or he can escape because he doesn't have any time for himself. It's only a feeling, and that feeling can be a positive or a negative experience. I think it's sad that many people can't associate it with anything positive. There have been periods in my life when I've isolated myself from my friends for months and as you can see, I'm still alive.

I just shared an article showing that men who have girlfriends can be more miserable than men who have never had one. I don't know why you call this cherry-picking. Being stuck in a toxic relationship is ordinary life in the western world. That's one of the reasons why couples break up every day. Some couples break up just because they get bored – like children who feel excited for a day because they got a new toy, and never play with it again after a month. Gamers get bored with their expensive high-quality games just as quickly.

It's a fact you have chosen to ignore. It shows that you've been fooling yourself by making yourself believe that everything would be better if you only had a girlfriend. And you close your eyes to everything that doesn't resemble the life in Disney princess stories. And they lived happily ever after is a fantasy where getting married is the solution to any misery.

I would really like to know what you mean by having a life worth living. It seems to be something entirely subjective to me. If life really isn't worth living without having a girlfriend, shouldn't every man commit suicide before they ever get a chance to see a girl?

Last edited:
Khaos

Khaos

-
Jul 7, 2021
Loneliness has little to do with your actual circumstances. A man can be in a relationship and feel lonely. Or he can escape because he doesn't have any time for himself. It's only a feeling, and that feeling can be a positive or a negative experience. I think it's sad that many people can't associate it with anything positive. There have been periods in my life when I've isolated myself from my friends for months and as you can see, I'm still alive.

I just shared an article showing that men who have girlfriends can be more miserable than men who have never had one. I don't know why you call this cherry-picking. Being stuck in a toxic relationship is ordinary life in the western world. That's one of the reasons why couples break up every day. Some couples break up just because they get bored – like children who feel excited for a day because they got a new toy, and never play with it again after a month. Gamers get bored with their expensive high-quality games just as quickly.

It's a fact you have chosen to ignore. It shows that you've been fooling yourself by making yourself believe that everything would be better if you only had a girlfriend. And you close your eyes to everything that doesn't resemble the life in Disney princess stories. And they lived happily ever after is a fantasy where getting married is the solution to any misery.

I would really like to know what you mean by having a life worth living. It seems to be something entirely subjective to me. If life really isn't worth living without having a girlfriend, shouldn't every man commit suicide before they ever get a chance to see a girl?
Loneliness is a negative feeling as a consequence of forced isolation, distinct from the objective situation of solitude. You choosing to isolate yourself from your friends for a few months and still being alive doesn't disprove the fact that loneliness is called a silent killer for a reason. Studies have shown it is linked to higher mortality over the long term. It can suppress the function of the immune system and puts at higher risk of many diseases, its negative effects on health can be worse than smoking and obesity.

I was already familiar with the story from that article. Toxic relationship, breakups, getting bored, etc. can be legitimate problems but it still does not invalidate the problems of someone who is isolated.

Never said everything would be better if only I had any woman as a gf I said I wished I had close relationships with people who cared about me. Never said getting married was the solution to every misery either.

I already answered you I think you're just choosing not to understand at this point. It's not even really subjective all humans mostly have the same needs. Your last question is so ridiculous I'm not even going to answer it.

Reading this was mind-blowing. I had to ask myself if you were trolling, I would like to believe it but unfortunately I don't think you were.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
[UWSL]I hope you realize that feeling lonely and being alone have little to do with each other. [/UWSL][UWSL]You could feel lonely if you had a loving girlfriend, beautiful kids, and lots of friends who came to visit you every day and vice versa. A person who has lived alone for years and who doesn't have any friends might never think he would have to make a post on an online forum about how hopeless and miserable he is.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]So I don't deny that you feel lonely and it's a harmful experience to you.[/UWSL][UWSL] I can agree with what you said about how feeling lonely can have negative consequences, believe it or not. I don't need a scientist in a lab coat to tell me that. I've felt lonely when I was more social and had more friends I currently have – so I'm talking from experience. You're fooling yourself if you think that you're miserable because you don't live the life you dream of.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]You don't have to say that you wish getting married would be the solution to all misery.[/UWSL][UWSL] You're crying about how bad your life is and how you wished you had a girlfriend so that your life would be worth living – on a semi-incel forum. Why else would you want to have a girlfriend, kids, and people who care about you unless to end your misery?[/UWSL]

[UWSL]I understand why you might want to avoid answering the last question. [/UWSL][UWSL]What is a life worth living is a difficult question to answer.[/UWSL][UWSL] Why haven't you killed yourself if your life isn't worth living, or am I interpreting you too literally?[/UWSL]

[UWSL]What are your thoughts, @WeebHunter3000? I see that this discussion interests you. [/UWSL]

W

WeebHunter3000

CEO of BBC
Jun 13, 2021
[UWSL]I hope you realize that feeling lonely and being alone have little to do with each other. [/UWSL][UWSL]You could feel lonely if you had a loving girlfriend, beautiful kids, and lots of friends who came to visit you every day and vice versa. A person who has lived alone for years and who doesn't have any friends might never think he would have to make a post on an online forum about how hopeless and miserable he is.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]So I don't deny that you feel lonely and it's a harmful experience to you.[/UWSL][UWSL] I can agree with what you said about how feeling lonely can have negative consequences, believe it or not. I don't need a scientist in a lab coat to tell me that. I've felt lonely when I was more social and had more friends I currently have – so I'm talking from experience. You're fooling yourself if you think that you're miserable because you don't live the life you dream of.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]You don't have to say that you wish getting married would be the solution to all misery.[/UWSL][UWSL] You're crying about how bad your life is and how you wished you had a girlfriend so that your life would be worth living – on a semi-incel forum. Why else would you want to have a girlfriend, kids, and people who care about you unless to end your misery?[/UWSL]

[UWSL]I understand why you might want to avoid answering the last question. [/UWSL][UWSL]What is a life worth living is a difficult question to answer.[/UWSL][UWSL] Why haven't you killed yourself if your life isn't worth living, or am I interpreting you too literally?[/UWSL]

[UWSL]What are your thoughts, @WeebHunter3000? I see that this discussion interests you. [/UWSL]
@Disorder seems to be enjoying it as well.

I’m gonna be honest, you make some interesting points but you come across as condescending as fuck lol.

Activity
So far there's no one here