Attachments

• what.jpeg
    what.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 27
H

highinhibNEET

NEET
Nov 1, 2021
This is serious Not a laughing matter. I can’t help being wealthy but after reading this I am worried about my odds getting into heaven :feelsrope:
read the part that precedes it:
Matthew 19: 16-22
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and inquired, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to obtain eternal life?”

17“Why do you ask Me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18“Which ones?” the man asked.

Jesus answered, “ ‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness, 19honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself' "

20“All these I have kept,” said the young man. “What do I still lack?”

21Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

22When the young man heard this, he went away in sorrow, because he had great wealth.

Last edited:
B

Billy

NOT NEET (LEFT THE SITE)
Feb 12, 2021
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and inquired, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to obtain eternal life?”

17“Why do you ask Me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Jesus answered, “ ‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness, 19honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself' "

21Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

22When the young man heard this, he went away in sorrow, because he had great wealth.
:feelsworry:

eyecel

eyecel

NEET
Nov 19, 2021
The allurements of hope, the flattery of the present, the sweetness of pleasures, the well-being that falls to the lot of our person amid the lamentations of a suffering world governed by chance and error, all these draw us back to it, and rivet the bonds anew. Therefore Jesus says: “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God (Matthew 19: 24) .

The very necessity of involuntary suffering for eternal salvation is expressed by that utterance of the Saviour (Matthew 19: 24).
Therefore those who were greatly in earnest about their eternal salvation,' chose voluntary poverty when fate had denied this to them and they had been born in wealth. Thus Buddha Sakya Muni was born a prince, but voluntarily took to the mendicant's staff; and Francis of Assisi, the founder of the mendicant orders who, as a youngster at the ball, where the daughters of all the notabilities were sitting together, was asked: 'Now, Francis, will you not soon make your choice from these beauties?' and who replied: 'I have made a far more beautiful choice!' 'Whom?' 'La poverta'; whereupon he abandoned every thing shortly afterwards and wandered through the land as a mendicant.

Whoever through such considerations realizes how necessary to our salvation misery and suffering usually are will see that we should envy others their unhappiness rather than their happiness.

B

Billy

NOT NEET (LEFT THE SITE)
Feb 12, 2021
The allurements of hope, the flattery of the present, the sweetness of pleasures, the well-being that falls to the lot of our person amid the lamentations of a suffering world governed by chance and error, all these draw us back to it, and rivet the bonds anew. Therefore Jesus says: “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God (Matthew 19: 24) .

The very necessity of involuntary suffering for eternal salvation is expressed by that utterance of the Saviour (Matthew 19: 24).
Therefore those who were greatly in earnest about their eternal salvation,' chose voluntary poverty when fate had denied this to them and they had been born in wealth. Thus Buddha Sakya Muni was born a prince, but voluntarily took to the mendicant's staff; and Francis of Assisi, the founder of the mendicant orders who, as a youngster at the ball, where the daughters of all the notabilities were sitting together, was asked: 'Now, Francis, will you not soon make your choice from these beauties?' and who replied: 'I have made a far more beautiful choice!' 'Whom?' 'La poverta'; whereupon he abandoned every thing shortly afterwards and wandered through the land as a mendicant.

Whoever through such considerations realizes how necessary to our salvation misery and suffering usually are will see that we should envy others their unhappiness rather than their happiness.
Do i really have to read all this to get to heaven :feelseye:

eyecel

eyecel

NEET
Nov 19, 2021
Do i really have to read all this to get to heaven :feelseye:
Being poor and incel draws you closer to eternal heaven basically.
Those who are earnest about the kingdom of God renounced their wealth like the Buddha who went from prince to beggar, and St Francis who went from posterity to beggar.

IGiveUp

IGiveUp

4:00 A.M.
Sep 11, 2021

Jesus sounds like a commie ngl :feelsugh:
A761C51A 6819 44C1 B45F C281C53E9D20

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
D6E46BDB DA49 4EC8 9707 6CA5A7A66D13
It’s a mistranslation, the eye of a needle refers to this small opening in the gates of cities so that people could still enter when it was closed, a camel would be big and very hard to push through.

The reason for this verse is that material attachment leads to sensual desire and greed, both of which could be considered getting caught up in the veil of maya.

I also hold the belief, as along with traditional Jewish philosophy that the kingdom of heaven is something that is created here, not in another world

Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
Being poor and incel draws you closer to eternal heaven basically.
Those who are earnest about the kingdom of God renounced their wealth like the Buddha who went from prince to beggar, and St Francis who went from posterity to beggar.
Cope.

Activity
So far there's no one here