What skill could one teach themselves in order to make money by freelancing/self-employment rather than getting a job?

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
A little background: By some miracle, I managed to postpone getting a job for so long. But I'm reaching the point where I can't postpone it any longer. I was a semi-neet for many years. As in I was basically a NEET but I did the bare minimum so my parents would let me be. I studied bullshit degrees that have 0 fucking value, about as useful as studying lesbian dance theory, but at least I managed to do the bare minimum and still get good grades so my parents wouldn't be on my case.

Anyway, because of my mild autism, ADD, anhedonia, social anxiety, maybe even agoraphobia and many other fun things, I DREAD getting a real job. I'd honestly rather have a spiky sledgehammer tackle my balls than get a job. Especially since I hate leaving the house.

Ok, to the point: I need to teach myself a skill, anything that I could use to make money through self-employment or freelancing or something. I'd need to make like ~$300 a month at least, and even that would be much better than being a fucking wageslave in this shit country making $300 a month but spending all day in a shithole environment, surrounded by normie assholes (and this country produces such vile normies). I probably will end up having to wageslave for a while till I can get good enough at some skill to be self-employed or to freelance, but I can't seem to even find what skill I could train. I need something cause I really dread wageslaving, and I don't want to do it for very long cause that's literally hell on earth for me. I'd rather freelance for 8 hours than wageslave for 8 hours, although ideally I wouldn't have to do either and I could just lie in bed rewatching my sitcoms for the 50th time.

Here's what I ruled out:

1. Programming/web dev - too many problems with this one. Firstly, my ADD doesn't mesh well programming, can't learn it no matter how hard I tried (alright I didn't try very hard but I just can't focus). My extreme laziness aside, my brain literally can't focus enough to do this. Secondly, I just don't see myself ever getting paid for programming online, and alternatively without a diploma in the field I definitely wouldn't be paid in this shithole poor country either. I researched it and it's really hard to find people online to pay you to program something. Nevermind how grueling programming would be for me.

2. Drawing/art - like maybe getting commissions from perverts for drawing hentai or something. I actually liked the idea, but after a lot of research, apparently the term "starving artist" really does summarize the problem. It's super hard to make money through art, even hentai. You'd have to build a following and that can take years, nevermind that a blind monkey can probably draw better than me. So even if I try super hard, it would take me quite a while to become good enough to even try to build a following, nevermind making money off it.

3. Honestly I'm kind of out of ideas. Other than the bullshit things that are downright retarded like dropshipping, day trading, crypto, affiliate marketing etc...

I need an actual skill to learn. Something that people would pay me for. Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited:
Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
forex shopify crypto

Last edited:
Alzheimer

Alzheimer

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
Dec 1, 2020
Maybe try learning video editing, it's not that difficult, can be learned completely at home and there are for sure employers that need a good editor and even in case you can't find a good job as one, being able to edit well will always come in handy, so no time and effort would actually go to waste. It's worth the try I'd say and there is simply a high probability that you'd be able to make money off of that.

Last edited:
Renko

Renko

Methhead Cannibal
Dec 1, 2020
go all in on whatever hobby you have and make money from your knowledege

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
go all in on whatever hobby you have and make money from your knowledege
That would be a great angle, unfortunately I don't have a hobby, I've spent literally months, no, years actively trying to find a hobby. But my anhedonic ass just doesn't like anything. I just lie in bed rewatching sitcoms all day long cause my brain doesn't enjoy anything, and that's the bare minimum above just staring at the wall or sleeping.

So I don't need a hobby, I just want some skill could work (relatively) hard at so I could avoid getting a job that would require me to leave the house and interact with people.

Too bad, I'd love nothing more than to have a hobby I could pour my heart and soul into, especially if I could make some $ off it too. But I just don't like anything no matter how hard I try.

Last edited:
01zephyr10

01zephyr10

Short term memory loss truecel living on Neet bux
Dec 12, 2020
Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
That would be a great angle, unfortunately I don't have a hobby, I've spent literally months, no, years actively trying to find a hobby. But my anhedonic ass just doesn't like anything. I just lie in bed rewatching sitcoms all day long cause my brain doesn't enjoy anything, and that's the bare minimum above just staring at the wall or sleeping.

So I don't need a hobby, I just want some skill could work (relatively) hard at so I could avoid getting a job that would require me to leave the house and interact with people.

Too bad, I'd love nothing more than to have a hobby I could pour my heart and soul into, especially if I could make some $ off it too. But I just don't like anything no matter how hard I try.
Only fans you could be a hand model like your avi

p@rc@

p@rc@

divine
Dec 2, 2020
teaching (tutoring? like the guy in the korean movie Parasite does) languages, music, maths, etc.

p@rc@

p@rc@

divine
Dec 2, 2020
i know its kinda strange but you could also try to do stand-up comedy (you said you watched a lot of sitcoms, maybe you are able to formulate jokes) or do some street performance

thirdworldcel

thirdworldcel

NEET
Feb 22, 2023
Some dudes offer money on line if you have a big dick. Fuck, every problem in my life is physical.

Activity
So far there's no one here