What makes you LDAR? Do you think it is valuable?

Gooply

Gooply

Sadcel
Aug 9, 2021
I rot when depressive thoughts about my life become more pronounced than my distraction copes, which is quite often recently.

How different is LDAR to your computer setup? My computer is on a large bedside table, I can easily just call the day and roll over. I've got excess bedding for rotting comfort.

Do you listen to music? I don't anymore, but would about half the time when I started. Maybe doing that is dumb but I also tend towards emotional music just as personal taste.

Does it mess with your sleeping? At my worst I would often fall into half sleep, aware of my thoughts, but with time progressing as if I was asleep. I liked doing this and could replace sleep with it to live 8 hour days.

'Refusing' to ldar when you feel like it, is weaker than rotting. during rot I have often made important realizations about myself

To me all this implies that most humans can LDAR and might 'binge' for a few days at certain points in their life. But they do it because of externally caused spikes in their negative thoughts, while for neets it can be a state of emotion, if you are too nihilistic and reflective that day.

C6tmO tWcAAjI9

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
I used to LDAR, but I enjoyed all the time that I didn’t get to enjoy when I was bombarded by priorities

Now I realize such a life is not sustainable with my future goals, as a result I’m basically a full fledge normie now

Disorder

Disorder

Why the world gotta be like this?
Nov 29, 2020
I ldar because I hate myself, I have little ambition in life, I don't care for relationships and I dislike social interactions in general.

I don't have a pc.

I have headphones on for most of the day, music is one of my best copes.

My sleep quality is usually good, no problems falling or staying asleep, schedule fluctuates though. My dreams are really fucking weird sometimes, I think ldaring has definitely had an impact on them.

Last edited:
Gooply

Gooply

Sadcel
Aug 9, 2021
I used to LDAR, but I enjoyed all the time that I didn’t get to enjoy when I was bombarded by priorities

Now I realize such a life is not sustainable with my future goals, as a result I’m basically a full fledge normie now
my time with nothing else on at all is limited to afew more months max, overall I am enjoying it.
I sleep a lot

maharsha

maharsha

NEET
Jun 26, 2021
Most of the time, the following passage from a story ("LIK") by Vladimir Nabokov is an apt description of my situation.
It is indeed difficult to say whether it was all as poor Lik imagined or whether these perfectly harmless, self-centered people left him alone simply because he did not seek their company, and did not start a conversation with him just as passengers who have established contact among themselves do not address the foreigner absorbed in his book in a corner of the compartment. But even if Lik did attempt in rare moments of self-confidence to convince himself of the irrationality of his vague torments, the memory of similar torments was too recent, and they were too often repeated in new circumstances, for him to be able to overcome them now. Loneliness as a situation can be corrected, but as a state of mind it is an incurable illness.

Last edited:
Gooply

Gooply

Sadcel
Aug 9, 2021
overall I am enjoying it.
I'm not enjoying this time at all actually I don't know why I said that.. I'm completely miserable.

I fully ruined my perception of life around me. Shattered entirely. I took a fat shit all over all my interests and how I see my room. I made myself unable to enjoy coping in any way shape or form. I don't pay attention. I wake up I cope while drowsy. I think, I click tabs and enjoy nothing, I think I rot I pine.. I rot I eat mums fried rice then I go to sleep. 5 fucking hours rotting in silence today it was a bad day.

I have to remake a whole film A FUCKING FILM, with ideas. on 0 motivation, I ran on delusions of grandeur. It's my fault, I dug my grave

I have a life-driving oneitis who is currently MIA. lord just kill me

T

trashsingingslasher

NEET
Nov 4, 2021
theres an art to LDARing in my opinion. sometimes, after fucking up another relationship/job/opportunity/go broke, etc. (often all at the same time) LDARing is the only option. I cant stand to pretend that my life hasnt turned to shit, or that theres any reason to get up and take care of myself, and if i did pretend there was any reason to, id only hate myself more. its almost like a reset and whether its ultimately healthy or not, sometimes its just the best option to avoid going deeper down in a spiral. WHILE hardcore LDARing, I lay around and sleep at least 15 hours a day but preferably more, kind of like a hibernation mode, and do my best not to think or worry about anything. I try not to hardcore LDAR for any longer than a couple weeks at a time though because then my health just starts getting bad. moderate LDARing (still getting out of bed to cook, lightly exercise, read etc.) can go on for a couple months before i start to feel its unhealthy tbh.

Last edited:
L

LeaveMeAlone

Banned
Nov 14, 2021
I enjoy a simple life of mindlessly scrolling through shitty forums like this. It's what i'm used to. Anything that isn't lying in my bed and cooming or switching tabs between youtube and 4chan is exhausting to me

Fimbultyr

Fimbultyr

Currently in search of Hyperborea
Feb 20, 2022
It's valuable yes. It gives you the time to reflect about the past/present/future and to have a look inside yourself.
The question is: Will that what you see/find inside yourself drive you insane, or not.

I reached a point where wageing is not an option; where my existence has come down to slowly accepting death.
My dreams are not achievable in this world and so my existence is as useless, as dead as I feel deep inside.

Activity
So far there's no one here