What else is there in life if you don't want kids/wife?

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
I'm not saying I'm not interested in women or anything, I'm just saying that having kids/wife isn't a lifestyle I'd enjoy, I'd actually hate it. And tbh by now sex isn't a goal for me either, it gets much easier to accept once age withers your libido. And cause I'm far from NT it's a whole can of worms with the anxiety and whatnot, wouldn't be comfortable anyway.

So... what else is in life? I don't have any passions or even interests. I can't pursue money cause fist and foremost I'm the laziest man I know, and my desire to be lazy and do nothing is greater than me wanting to have money (also not really bright enough to make money anyway).

Idk what the answer is. What else is there to life then? I would technically LOVE it if I had an interest, a passion that I could dedicate my life to. To slowly master it and become an expert in a field. But I've tried for 2 years to find something, by now I've explored every possibly thing I could do and I just don't give a shit about anything. So that's not the answer.

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
Depends man.
You could overload on sex, drugs and alcohol for a decade, burn your dopamine receptors out and then get depressed, commit suicide
Or you could dedicade yourself you something, like religion or science
Or you could just lay down and rot, seek just enough pleasure to make the day bearable, and endure until your life is over
Finally, you could rid yourself of your all desires and ascend into a monk
Up to you

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
Depends man.
You could overload on sex, drugs and alcohol for a decade, burn your dopamine receptors out and then get depressed, commit suicide
Or you could dedicade yourself you something, like religion or science
Or you could just lay down and rot, seek just enough pleasure to make the day bearable, and endure until your life is over
Finally, you could rid yourself of your all desires and ascend into a monk
Up to you
Damn mate, you really covered all bases, spot on. #3 is what I've done all my life. Interrupted #3 wth #1 with just alcohol for 2 years and made my life so much worse lmao. Then went back to #1.

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
Damn mate, you really covered all bases, spot on. #3 is what I've done all my life. Interrupted #3 wth #1 with just alcohol for 2 years and made my life so much worse lmao. Then went back to #1.
The number one is maximum hedonism. You'll find a source of pleasure, abuse it and reach to a point where it's no longer enough. So, you'll naturally look for more. You take more alcohol, you do more drugs, you sleep with more women. The problem is, human brain can adapt to anything, all pleasure is relative. What seems like a great source on year one, will seem like a worthless on year five. Though, perception is limitless, physiology is not. Eventually the body gives up. You no longer can tolerate the alcohol or the drugs. You no longer can have as much sex as you want. So, you fall. You get depressed. You try to recover, but can't since your entire being is just pleasure, nothing else. Unable to recover, you eventually end your life.

The number two is maximum idealism. It's the way to live for a very limited number of people. Only a few can dedicate oneself to a subject, and die with it. It might require some form of genius. Those that don't possess the said genius, and still want to walk this path, end up depressed, without the exceptional intellect the fruits of the work will never be worth it. You'll end up giving your entire life, and not making any significant progress. It can be devastating, and people often realize this midway, when it's too late to turn back. That's a commonly observed occurance in academia. Once they realize the truth, they'll panic, and try to build families. However it's often too late, though it doesn't usually lead to suicide, just depression

The number three is maximum ignorance. You just don't care about the world, the nature or the people. You just exist, because you have to. If you had the option, you might have even chosen not to exist in the first place. It's a dark path, and it requires isolation from others. If you follow this path, you won't even commit suicide, you'll just keep existing whlist doing the bare minimum. You have no hope, not even a reason to look for hope. It is kind of like being brain dead, but you're still conscious. You just wait until your time is up, and die.

The number four is maximum awareness. You are aware of the endlessness of your desires, and meaningless of them too. That's why you desire to rid yourself of desire. However being successful in this path requires immense amounts of focus, sacriface and patience, which most people don't have. That's why it's the least common path followed. To an outsider, it might be confused with the number three, but the main difference is, inner peace, stability and having no desire to change. It's very hard to observe people like these in the modern world, even if you look for them, you might not be able to find them

The fifth path, which I didn't list because it's the one you excluded in your title, is the maximum traditionalism. You know you don't know much about this world, so you trust what people before you did. You do what people around you do. You find a job, get married, have a family and die. It's mundane, however the average person will be the most fullfilled with this path, since it's fruits are easy to harvest, and easy to enjoy. Your family is there. Even if they're far away, you know your children are there. Like an artist, an engineer or a scientist, you brought something new into the world, your children, and the existance of them gives you never ending fullfillment. Even at death, your children will give you peace and fullfillment

It should be noted that most people don't follow a single path, but combinations of them. They might follow number one in their 20's, and number 5 in their 30's. They're not strict.

gigacel123

gigacel123

NEET
Dec 3, 2020
For me, I'd be as content with life as I possibly can (truecel loneliness aside) if I could just NEET forever without financial worry because fuck this world, I dont want to wageslave for this piece of shit soyciety. But im not rich so thats never gonna happen.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
For me, I'd be as content with life as I possibly can (truecel loneliness aside) if I could just NEET forever without financial worry because fuck this world, I dont want to wageslave for this piece of shit soyciety. But im not rich so thats never gonna happen.
Yeah, that would be a dream come true. But it'll never happen, at least for me.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Not possible for aspie lazy losers with bad social skills and an avoidant personality like me.
Same. I've read some of your posts and can relate to them a lot. My mind is rotten from years of isolation, depression and I'm still traumatized from my first job experience.
I made a post about how I spent many months intensively learning web development. All in vain, because the skills I've acquired are still laughable.

The competition is just too strong, there is always someone better than you. So what is there in life anymore? Acquiring power? Maybe by winning the lottery.
Feeling so powerless and hopeless. At this point I just want to watch movies/series and play videogames.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
Same. I've read some of your posts and can relate to them a lot. My mind is rotten from years of isolation, depression and I'm still traumatized from my first job experience.
I made a post about how I spent many months intensively learning web development. All in vain, because the skills I've acquired are still laughable.

The competition is just too strong, there is always someone better than you. So what is there in life anymore? Acquiring power? Maybe by winning the lottery.
Feeling so powerless and hopeless. At this point I just want to watch movies/series and play videogames.
Very well said mate. Feels like I'm stuck. And apparently in today's world if you don't give it your all, go above and beyond, work 50 hours a week and acquire additional skills on top of that, then you don't have the right to complain cause you're lazy. Well, yeah I am lazy, but it's just not right how much you have to bust your ass to merely survive. And you gotta do it till you die.

N

Nuggetsvolume1

NEET
May 6, 2021
If anyone here is good looking enough to OD on or at least Motley Crue their way through the hedonistic path of sex and alcohol, I can assure you, you will find no fulfillment. You can MAYBE find a brief bit if you date an alcoholic woman for a year and make big plans with her. But then you will break up. Wife/kids does seem like the best and safest path, which is why almost everyone did it years ago.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
Life can be about anything. Never imprison yourself by thinking that life has to be about XYZ. What the fuck.

And yeah. I'm deluding myself if I think that there are goals in life that I have to achieve. Or that I can't live happily without having a girlfriend or sex.

Bro. Some of the most neurotic men I know are dating women and having sex bdsm style just about every night.

So just finding a girl who loves me and having lots of sex is not it. Validation is not it.

Last edited:
CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
I wonder why Anon won't update us on his new job

Nishijou Takumi

Nishijou Takumi

Neidhardt der Blitzschnelle
Jun 13, 2021
I'm not saying I'm not interested in women or anything, I'm just saying that having kids/wife isn't a lifestyle I'd enjoy, I'd actually hate it. And tbh by now sex isn't a goal for me either, it gets much easier to accept once age withers your libido. And cause I'm far from NT it's a whole can of worms with the anxiety and whatnot, wouldn't be comfortable anyway.

So... what else is in life? I don't have any passions or even interests. I can't pursue money cause fist and foremost I'm the laziest man I know, and my desire to be lazy and do nothing is greater than me wanting to have money (also not really bright enough to make money anyway).

Idk what the answer is. What else is there to life then? I would technically LOVE it if I had an interest, a passion that I could dedicate my life to. To slowly master it and become an expert in a field. But I've tried for 2 years to find something, by now I've explored every possibly thing I could do and I just don't give a shit about anything. So that's not the answer.
Not much, unless you have a huge creative or genius ability, then having a family or living with your family is your only choice

Nishijou Takumi

Nishijou Takumi

Neidhardt der Blitzschnelle
Jun 13, 2021
Some people do good alone, but by the time guys get like late 30s, you’ll see them usually commit suicide, it’s a problem over here

Activity
So far there's no one here