What do you realistically want from life? What are your realistic goals?

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
I think these questions are paramount to happiness. Well, not happiness, nobody is really happy. But having goals, having something specific you want from life is very important.

I don't know how to answer them tbh.

I'd love to just say "I just don't want to work, I want to relax all the time and do what I want.". But that's not realistic at all. You have to be born rich to be able to live like that, very few can.

So what do I really want? What are my goals? I've given up on trying to find a job I'll like. My arduous research has taught me that there is no such thing, at least for me. I'll never find a job I like. Money isn't my goal either. Money takes hard work, luck, discipline, determination, willpower. And I just don't care for money enough to sacrifice so much for it. I don't want a wife or kids either, that's never been something that I desire, and it's the antithesis of my desired lifestyle, since a wife/kids require so much energy and effort and work and time. Another possible goal that I could've had was finding a deep passion and gaining mastery over something. But after several years of research, I've eliminated that possibility as well, since my brain just doesn't like anything, and I'll never like anything to the point it could be a passion.

So what the hell do I realistically want? I guess that's my problem. Any of my possible desired goals aren't realistic at all, like wanting to live a life of leisure and not working. I don't have any goals or wants that are realistic. Any realistic scenarios for my life are such bummers, such unpleasant paths that I don't want to take. Ohh well, wagie life for measly wages awaits me. Groovy.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
I think these questions are paramount to happiness. Well, not happiness, nobody is really happy. But having goals, having something specific you want from life is very important.

I'd love to just say "I just don't want to work, I want to relax all the time and do what I want.". But that's not realistic at all. You have to be born rich to be able to live like that, very few can.

So what do I really want? What are my goals? I've given up on trying to find a job I'll like. My arduous research has taught me that there is no such thing, at least for me. I'll never find a job I like. Money isn't my goal either. Money takes hard work, luck, discipline, determination, willpower. And I just don't care for money enough to sacrifice so much for it. I don't want a wife or kids either, that's never been something that I desire, and it's the antithesis of my desired lifestyle, since a wife/kids require so much energy and effort and work and time. Another possible goal that I could've had was finding a deep passion and gaining mastery over something. But after several years of research, I've eliminated that possibility as well, since my brain just doesn't like anything, and I'll never like anything to the point it could be a passion.

So what the hell do I realistically want? I guess that's my problem. Any of my possible desired goals aren't realistic at all, like wanting to live a life of leisure and not working. I don't have any goals or wants that are realistic. Any realistic scenarios for my life are such bummers, such unpleasant paths that I don't want to take. Ohh well, wagie life for measly wages awaits me. Groovy.
Wanting to reach a stage in your life where you don't have to work anymore is in itself a major goal in life.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
Wanting to reach a stage in your life where you don't have to work anymore is in itself a major goal in life.
Well, if it's 40-30 years in the future then it's not really a goal for me. That's basically pissing your life away so you can finally retire, rest a little and die. And in my country, with salaries of $300, early retirement just ain't a thing. Unless you're rich but that's a whole other can of worms.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
A short term goal is to lose 100lbs and also to try to stop food coping. I weigh over 250lbs and just a few hours without food makes me depressed.

Brother Wagecuck

Brother Wagecuck

Work and Pray
Nov 28, 2020
I have goals but I keep to them to myself now because otherwise I feel like I won't try as hard. :unsure:

I mean besides doing nothing like you said. Lol.:cool:

Gooply

Gooply

Sadcel
Aug 9, 2021

10/10 Literally me except I want a wife

My goal is to beat the system through self depicting content or die trying. I only have afew years left as a neet before I'd need to try something sustainable

Last edited:
Activity
So far there's no one here