Discussion What causes suffering?

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
The Buddha in his first sermon famously gave four truths

That suffering is part of existence, The reasoning for suffering, the end of suffering, and the way to end it.

The Buddha said, Life is suffering, and to us it may seem obvious but he meant every aspect is.

It’s one of the fundamentals of existence along with Impermanence and Non-Self.

Why do we suffer?

We have inevitable suffering that comes with being a living thing, Birth, Aging, Illness, and Death, but we also have sorrow, not obtaining what you want, and experiencing unpleasant things.

This Suffering arises or originates with our Desire, our desire is the root of this suffering.
Being born Ignorant of how reality truly works, we cling and crave to things, in a reality where all is impermanent and thus not to “our” liking, which upsets us and causes the poisons and sufferings that arise out of humans.

This taking things to “our” liking is also not understanding that our experience of the world is not around some central soul, but we only experience aggregates of the world around us and interpret it though our senses, there’s no permanent “real” you. No state of pleasure or desire will satisfy, as the world and you are in flux, you will continue to want and desire.

Abandoning clinging and craving can get rid of

The Sufferings we cause to people
The Sufferings we experience when we are in contact with things we don’t like
The Sufferings of not obtaining pleasures
The All Pervasive Sufferings of living

This state of being rid of these poisons is called Nirvana, and the way to achieve it is the 8 fold Noble Path

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
The Eight Fold path can be categorized by
Right View, Renunciation
Speech, Action, Livelihood
Effort, Mindfulness, and Concentration

Which can be reduced to Insight, Ethics, and Meditation

Having Right view and Renunciation is understanding the truths and how reality works, and renouncing Dukkha by cultivating compassion and good will that stops ourselves from creating suffering in our selves and outward.
Meditation will help us gain these insights and will naturally make us compassionate, loving people.

Having right effort is to constantly train your mind to have wholesome thoughts that don’t lead you craving or being resentful, but keeping your mind in a state of tranquility and mindfulness. Mindfulness is never being bare minded or mind and body, while meditation (Samadhi) trains us to not cling to feelings and thoughts, changing how our minds perceive the world.

and finally ethics, which involves being compassionate, loving, helpful, and kind in our actions, speech, and lives.

insight leads to seeing the world differently, meditation helps us to truly see it and become insightful, this changes our minds to become gentle and loving, this leads us to be more tranquil and in bliss in our mediation, which in turn has us grow in wisdom and insight.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
0EA38BD0 7D25 4606 A429 A5D645789374

The wheel representing the teachings of the Buddha, and the deer representing his first sermon of these Truths

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
"Since at least the nineteenth century, scientists have known that the cerebral cortex is important for consciousness"
HOPE THIS HELPS BRO :feelsLUL::feelsLUL:
It’s true that during MRIs that the cerebral cortex does play a role in it, but it’s only a hypothesis, some people are still alive and consciousness without that part of the brain.

6speedmanual

6speedmanual

Progressing
Dec 1, 2020
Isn’t Buddhist enlightenment for women ultimately becoming a man?

BloatmaxxManlet2022

BloatmaxxManlet2022

Be the king of bulking
Nov 13, 2021
Love this tread, I myself practice spirituality. I think you’ll like shamanism better than Buddhism. Shamanism has helped my schiz expression and my sex life. Plus shrooms are fun

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Love this tread, I myself practice spirituality. I think you’ll like shamanism better than Buddhism. Shamanism has helped my schiz expression and my sex life. Plus shrooms are fun
I used to know some Native American shamans, shamanism is cool, but Buddhism is about extinguishing suffering at it’s main core

Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
Chim?
Buddha had many monks and nuns in his community
A state in which one can break free of all known laws and corruptions of Oblivion. It allows for the user to return to a state before the mingling of Anu and Padomay and manipulate the Aurbis how they please. CHIM is often associated with Love, which seemingly connects it to the concept of God actually being "Love."

Activity
So far there's no one here