Discussion Ugly or Beautiful? The Housing Blocks Communism Left Behind

• Thread starter Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Start date
Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
Such structures dominate the peripheries of cities across what was once the Soviet Union and Eastern Bloc. They go by varying names, from Plattenbau in East Germany to Panelház in Hungary to Brezhnevki in Russia. All were built after World War II to cheaply house the masses in a way that jived with communist ideology.

personally i find them really depressing and i wouldn't be able to live there ,as it would make me way more depressed than i am now, it's truly brutal living in a place as this:feelsbad:

commieblocks-europe-6.jpg
commieblocks-europe-10.jpg
i0y971bmlym31.jpg

And some anime version
wallhaven-489jlk.jpg
tumblr_inline_p9goosETMZ1qll8uw_540.jpg
tumblr_inline_p9gporQcMb1qll8uw_1280.jpg
aL0B0g6_460s.jpg
303-3037244_anime-lada.png
ra-20.png
Wallhaven zm6q7v
Wallhaven 73q29y
Wallhaven lmvww2

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
I live like that. Listening people fucking, arguing, and beating each other. Some neighbors, I hear them crying in the bathroom while I take a shit.
very brutal bro, can't you afford living in another area?
I live in a appartment too but it's quite

Alzheimer

Alzheimer

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
Dec 1, 2020
Prime example of the damage that communism does would be east germany, not because it got hit the worst but rather due to the direct comparison one can make between west and east. The eastern gpd per capita is 32,108€ while the western is 42,971€ and the buildings are also of course way uglier in the east and the crime rates are higher there too

IGiveUp

IGiveUp

4:00 A.M.
Sep 11, 2021
They don’t look half has bad tbh, it beats the shitty apartment my parents and I are renting, at least those commie blocks aren’t close to 2k a month. :feelsheh:

Activity
So far there's no one here