Thoughts on the Oscars acceptance speeches?

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Have you ever seen one of those academy award oscar speeches? Billionaire actos who win against other nominated billionaires & millionaires get to hold an acceptance speech on live television which is broadcasted worldwide.

Now personally I wouldn't even mind those award events, if it wasn't for political agendas that are openly being pushed down the viewers throat. They are not even trying to hide those messages it or communicate them in a subversive way. The whole award event is basically one big globalist propaganda show.

Don't get me wrong some speeches are structured very well and some actors really did an incredible job to get those awards. I'm a huge movie enthusiast myself. But what bothers me is the content and hypocrisy of those speeches. Billionaires crying on stage, getting super emotional with scripted bleeding hearts speeches. Promoting sustainability, animal rights, tolerance, climate chance ideas ...all while regularly flying with their private jets, with their wifes wearing expensive designer clothes and makeup which a lot of animals were killed for.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
Have you ever seen one of those academy award oscar speeches? Billionaire actos who win against other nominated billionaires & millionaires get to hold an acceptance speech on live television which is broadcasted worldwide.

Now personally I wouldn't even mind those award events, if it wasn't for political agendas that are openly being pushed down the viewers throat. They are not even trying to hide those messages it or communicate them in a subversive way. The whole award event is basically one big globalist propaganda show.

Don't get me wrong some speeches are structured very well and some actors really did an incredible job to get those awards. I'm a huge movie enthusiast myself. But what bothers me is the content and hypocrisy of those speeches. Billionaires crying on stage, getting super emotional with scripted bleeding hearts speeches. Promoting sustainability, animal rights, tolerance, climate chance ideas ...all while regularly flying with their private jets, with their wifes wearing expensive designer clothes and makeup which a lot of animals were killed for.

I've watched those galas with my pals. I would never watch the galas alone.

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
I don't follow most famous actors, if a Hollywood movie actor walked past me on the street I wouldn't even know who they were. I would know more TV actors from sitcoms. The only Hollywood actors I know are the ones from older movies like Tom Hanks, Stallone, Julia Roberts, etc. If you asked me to name 5 Hollywood actors aged under 35 I couldn't.

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
I try to avoid watching the fixed academy awards, they are bs for rich and famous ppl dicksucking each other and pretend they care for the awards, they don't and we shouldn't, enjoy the movie and the role not the actor

Activity
So far there's no one here