Things are getting ... weird, tense between me and my parents about my future. What about you, what are your parents saying?

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
Yesterday I was really happy. My father agreed that I won't be able to find any job in this country, seeing that it was already a poor shithole before covid, and now the economy is in the gutter, so many businesses failing etc...

And for a while now I was telling him a bit about how I'm thinking about what business to start, how I can't really find anything but I'm still thinking, it's hard but I really don't want to be some wageslave etc...

And while he understood that, he started coming with his own ideas and completely rejecting mine. But as always, he's such an old boomer (he's 70) with a really weird mentality, that he was almost getting mad that I wasn't accepting his ideas. He started telling me I should do an online PhD from an EU country (it's not so much the PhD he wants me to do, as much as making connections and talking to people, and the PhD being sort of a gateway. He understands the PhD would be somewhat useless), so I get to talk with influential people from the EU (lol) and create connections so I can then do things like be in politics and whatnot, maybe business and import and export stuff. And to be honest I find those ideas downright retarded. Maybe for an extrovert that would work, but I'm so fucking introverted I'm downright agoraphobic. But of course, my introversion is seen as a weakness by him, something temporary that I need to man up and get over. Which I could, I guess, but I'd be even more miserable than I already am, how long would that last? I'm already silently wishing I would drop dead from an aneurysm every day.

And of course he calls my ideas idiotic. One idea I was particularly floating was learning programming on my own, like maybe web dev to make websites and such. And while I have to admit, it is idiotic for me since I'm pretty much retarded when it comes to math and programming and I've tried before, the idea still sounds much better than the vague boomer shit he was spewing, like making connections, having a team, getting to know people, meet people, talk to them.

It boils down to an extremely extroverted boomer mentality vs pathologically introverted agoraphobic lazy autist.

I might just have to suck it up and wageslave at some shitty job. I've already done a bullshit useless master's to appease them (while allowing me to LDAR and not work). I'm not doing a fucking PhD, that shit is just as worthless for a lot more work. Ehh, I hope I drop dead of a heart attack or something, won't have to work then.

Love my father though, he's a great dad, best dad one could have. Just with his little quirks. I'm a disappointment and yet he still has so much hope for me, such a kind soul. His feelings are understandable.

Last edited:
Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
And of course he calls my ideas idiotic. One idea I was particularly floating was learning programming on my own, like maybe web dev to make websites and such. And while I have to admit, it is idiotic for me since I'm pretty much retarded when it comes to math and programming and I've tried before, the idea still sounds much better than the vague boomer shit he was spewing, like making connections, having a team, getting to know people, meet people, talk to them.
This is your best bet. If you're older than 25, don't have any qualities that stand out, and if you're not from a first world country, forget about anything that's social-circle related. The competition is too fierce, you'll be up against guys who had been socializing for years, ever since they were little kids. Whereas, you're an outcast. Your dad must accept that fact that you won't even be able to work in a job that's focused on human-human interaction. Politics might be the worst option possible, for you. For importing and exporting, you'd need to build a grand social circle, and I assure you there are far too many people that'd out do you in that aspect. There's only a limited number of positions in both of these sectors, that's another thing to consider.

As a freelance programmer however, you can earn a decent amount of money, even if you're not outstanding, especially if you live in a third world country. Someone I used to know from highschool makes 30 dollars per hour, working as a freelance programmer for an European company. It's a very good amount of money here, especially considering he didn't study programming in the college, he learned it by himself. I think you can do it as well, remember, you don't need to be outstanding, you won't be doing mind blowing projects, but rather, monotonous tasks that could be automated. But hey, money is money.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
This is your best bet. If you're older than 25, don't have any qualities that stand out, and if you're not from a first world country, forget about anything that's social-circle related. The competition is too fierce, you'll be up against guys who had been socializing for years, ever since they were little kids. Whereas, you're an outcast. Your dad must accept that fact that you won't even be able to work in a job that's focused on human-human interaction. Politics might be the worst option possible, for you. For importing and exporting, you'd need to build a grand social circle, and I assure you there are far too many people that'd out do you in that aspect. There's only a limited number of positions in both of these sectors, that's another thing to consider.

As a freelance programmer however, you can earn a decent amount of money, even if you're not outstanding, especially if you live in a third world country. Someone I used to know from highschool makes 30 dollars per hour, working as a freelance programmer for an European company. It's a very good amount of money here, especially considering he didn't study programming in the college, he learned it by himself. I think you can do it as well, remember, you don't need to be outstanding, you won't be doing mind blowing projects, but rather, monotonous tasks that could be automated. But hey, money is money.
Very well said mate, spot on. I've had the same issues with his ideas. I'm over 25, I'm pretty much an autist, agoraphobic and without any social circle at all. It would be foolish to think I could change now. And I don't even want to change, I just don't like socializing, I hate it. But that rubs my dad the wrong way, I didn't even tell him that I hate socializing but he already hates how isolated I am, he can't stand it. He thinks once I start working I'll finally become a social butterfly. Damn, sorry to break his heart but I'm never going to be extroverted, I'm an extreme introvert and that's not going to change.

Well said regarding my prospects. Unfortunately I caved in and got a master's in a politics-related field. So fucking useless for me, I only chose it so I could ldar for 2 years while "studying". But politics, import/export really would be useless for me. It's for people that are the exact opposite of me.

He does have a point about me programming. In this country you can't do shit without a degree in the field that you want to work. And it's not like if I teach myself for a year or two at home I'm going to be able to be more skilled than people who have been doing this shit since school. Especially since I've been particularly retarded at math and programming in school and in my own attempts.

But still, there's no other option than programming, as shit as my chances are. Maybe I can somehow teach myself something useful and get lucky. But there's no other options, programming is it. But he doesn't see it. Can't blame him, I only arrived at this conclusion after looking at literally everything else. What can I say, I'm a not particularly bright, extreme introvert. Not many options for me.

Whatever, it's not like they'd actually allow me to rot at home and study programming by myself for 2 years. Even if I earnestly make an effort. They'd probably constantly hound me and we'd have arguments at every step. I guess some shitty clerical work at some office job is what awaits me. Because I will definitely not acquiesce about getting a PhD or some other extroverted shit like that. I've already got enough bullshit degrees, I've been through university for so long I'm sick of it. Got nothing to show for it except papers in shit fields, I'm not subjecting myself to that anymore. Whatever, what happens, happens. Maybe an asteroid will hit the earth and I won't have to do anything.

dreadtheblackpill

dreadtheblackpill

the supreme youngcel gentleman
Nov 26, 2020
My parents are positive that i will have a good future because of my good grades
If i dont get a nice qt gf to cuddle with my future is ruined

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
Very well said mate, spot on. I've had the same issues with his ideas. I'm over 25, I'm pretty much an autist, agoraphobic and without any social circle at all. It would be foolish to think I could change now. And I don't even want to change, I just don't like socializing, I hate it. But that rubs my dad the wrong way, I didn't even tell him that I hate socializing but he already hates how isolated I am, he can't stand it. He thinks once I start working I'll finally become a social butterfly. Damn, sorry to break his heart but I'm never going to be extroverted, I'm an extreme introvert and that's not going to change.

Well said regarding my prospects. Unfortunately I caved in and got a master's in a politics-related field. So fucking useless for me, I only chose it so I could ldar for 2 years while "studying". But politics, import/export really would be useless for me. It's for people that are the exact opposite of me.

He does have a point about me programming. In this country you can't do shit without a degree in the field that you want to work. And it's not like if I teach myself for a year or two at home I'm going to be able to be more skilled than people who have been doing this shit since school. Especially since I've been particularly retarded at math and programming in school and in my own attempts.

But still, there's no other option than programming, as shit as my chances are. Maybe I can somehow teach myself something useful and get lucky. But there's no other options, programming is it. But he doesn't see it. Can't blame him, I only arrived at this conclusion after looking at literally everything else. What can I say, I'm a not particularly bright, extreme introvert. Not many options for me.

Whatever, it's not like they'd actually allow me to rot at home and study programming by myself for 2 years. Even if I earnestly make an effort. They'd probably constantly hound me and we'd have arguments at every step. I guess some shitty clerical work at some office job is what awaits me. Because I will definitely not acquiesce about getting a PhD or some other extroverted shit like that. I've already got enough bullshit degrees, I've been through university for so long I'm sick of it. Got nothing to show for it except papers in shit fields, I'm not subjecting myself to that anymore. Whatever, what happens, happens. Maybe an asteroid will hit the earth and I won't have to do anything.
Your biggest mistake was picking a political field. That's an unrecoverable mistake. The years you have wasted, the hours you could have spent on improving your career, will never come back.
I am not in any position to give advice, but if I were you, I'd force myself to learn programming. Here's the thing, your useless degree might suddenly prove useful, if you know how to code, as there are specific companies looking for specific roles to fullfill. Your field does have potential in that regard. Think of all the media companies, companies that focus on public opinion etc. They'll need pure programmers, sure, but imagine if they had programmers that also know about politics. That's a massive advantage. Now, you might think, I don't really know anything about politics, I didn't learn shit in college. Well, that's not going to matter. You have the degree, that's what counts. Use it to your advantage, and become a decent programmer, and you actually might be able to land a good job in 5 years or so.
At the meanwhile, to shut your parents up, to satify them, I'd recommend teaching English to the local kids for cheap, 3-4 times a week. I had done it back in the day. Your prices must be really low though, a professional English teacher was charging about 200 an hour, whereas I was charging 50. That's the only way you can compete with the ones with degrees. But it's not a sustainable job, as the local opportunities are limited, and it's not wise to travel large distances regularly just to make a few bucks. It should be something you'd do on the side, to show to your parents. As in, last year, I was rotting in my room, now I made progress. That way they might leave you alone, though I don't know how that'd work with covid quarantines.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
Your biggest mistake was picking a political field. That's an unrecoverable mistake. The years you have wasted, the hours you could have spent on improving your career, will never come back.
I am not in any position to give advice, but if I were you, I'd force myself to learn programming. Here's the thing, your useless degree might suddenly prove useful, if you know how to code, as there are specific companies looking for specific roles to fullfill. Your field does have potential in that regard. Think of all the media companies, companies that focus on public opinion etc. They'll need pure programmers, sure, but imagine if they had programmers that also know about politics. That's a massive advantage. Now, you might think, I don't really know anything about politics, I didn't learn shit in college. Well, that's not going to matter. You have the degree, that's what counts. Use it to your advantage, and become a decent programmer, and you actually might be able to land a good job in 5 years or so.
At the meanwhile, to shut your parents up, to satify them, I'd recommend teaching English to the local kids for cheap, 3-4 times a week. I had done it back in the day. Your prices must be really low though, a professional English teacher was charging about 200 an hour, whereas I was charging 50. That's the only way you can compete with the ones with degrees. But it's not a sustainable job, as the local opportunities are limited, and it's not wise to travel large distances regularly just to make a few bucks. It should be something you'd do on the side, to show to your parents. As in, last year, I was rotting in my room, now I made progress. That way they might leave you alone, though I don't know how that'd work with covid quarantines.
Sage advice mate, you are wise indeed, thank you. Well, unfortunately most of it won't work since in this shitty third world country there are very, very few programming jobs, much less ones combining two fields like you mentioned. My only hope is Fiverr/Upwork. While it's far from ideal, and I'd be competing with much more skilled people with years of experience, probably from countries where they'd ask for like $10 for a day's work, it's still the only option that seems possible. I asked around a lot, and apparently if you're from a third world country with no jobs in your own country (there are programming jobs here but they're really anal about having an actual degree in the field), then freelancing is the only thing that is possible, the only option. Well, other than getting lucky with an app or a game but that's a 1/1000000000 thing, not even worth the time, I've looked into it.

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
Sage advice mate, you are wise indeed, thank you. Well, unfortunately most of it won't work since in this shitty third world country there are very, very few programming jobs, much less ones combining two fields like you mentioned. My only hope is Fiverr/Upwork. While it's far from ideal, and I'd be competing with much more skilled people with years of experience, probably from countries where they'd ask for like $10 for a day's work, it's still the only option that seems possible. I asked around a lot, and apparently if you're from a third world country with no jobs in your own country (there are programming jobs here but they're really anal about having an actual degree in the field), then freelancing is the only thing that is possible, the only option. Well, other than getting lucky with an app or a game but that's a 1/1000000000 thing, not even worth the time, I've looked into it.
You're right. Freelance is your only option. You must pursuit it. Do not take the dead end job path, no matter what. Once you're in there, it's almost impossible to get out. It'll drain the life out of you, as an autist. If you had been normal, it'd be bearable. But as an outcast autist, those jobs are hell.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
You're right. Freelance is your only option. You must pursuit it. Do not take the dead end job path, no matter what. Once you're in there, it's almost impossible to get out. It'll drain the life out of you, as an autist. If you had been normal, it'd be bearable. But as an outcast autist, those jobs are hell.
Yep. It won't be pretty, I will be competing with smarter guys from India who work hard and accept little pay, but at least I wouldn't have to be a wageslave. Well, I probably will have to wageslave for a few years while teaching myself, no way around that. But maybe I'll hate working so much that it will motivate me to study programming at home after work. And I definitely will hate it with every fiber of my being. Still hoping for that meteor though, fingers crossed there's alwyas a chance!

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
Yep. It won't be pretty, I will be competing with smarter guys from India who work hard and accept little pay, but at least I wouldn't have to be a wageslave. Well, I probably will have to wageslave for a few years while teaching myself, no way around that. But maybe I'll hate working so much that it will motivate me to study programming at home after work. And I definitely will hate it with every fiber of my being. Still hoping for that meteor though, fingers crossed there's alwyas a chance!
I have hopes for the apocalypse as well. Let's hope it happens in our lifetime.

Brother Wagecuck

Brother Wagecuck

Work and Pray
Nov 28, 2020
boomers have different ways of thinking it feels like, and i dont think they full understand how things are different now. idk how to explain it, but they have like a set traditional path to take in life and anything that deviates from that makes them upset.

NarcyChadlite

NarcyChadlite

Aesthete, scholar, Meghan's husband
Apr 11, 2021
Yesterday I was really happy. My father agreed that I won't be able to find any job in this country, seeing that it was already a poor shithole before covid, and now the economy is in the gutter, so many businesses failing etc...

And for a while now I was telling him a bit about how I'm thinking about what business to start, how I can't really find anything but I'm still thinking, it's hard but I really don't want to be some wageslave etc...

And while he understood that, he started coming with his own ideas and completely rejecting mine. But as always, he's such an old boomer (he's 70) with a really weird mentality, that he was almost getting mad that I wasn't accepting his ideas. He started telling me I should do an online PhD from an EU country (it's not so much the PhD he wants me to do, as much as making connections and talking to people, and the PhD being sort of a gateway. He understands the PhD would be somewhat useless), so I get to talk with influential people from the EU (lol) and create connections so I can then do things like be in politics and whatnot, maybe business and import and export stuff. And to be honest I find those ideas downright retarded. Maybe for an extrovert that would work, but I'm so fucking introverted I'm downright agoraphobic. But of course, my introversion is seen as a weakness by him, something temporary that I need to man up and get over. Which I could, I guess, but I'd be even more miserable than I already am, how long would that last? I'm already silently wishing I would drop dead from an aneurysm every day.

It boils down to an extremely extroverted boomer mentality vs pathologically introverted agoraphobic lazy autist.

I might just have to suck it up and wageslave at some shitty job. I've already done a bullshit useless master's to appease them (while allowing me to LDAR and not work). I'm not doing a fucking PhD, that shit is just as worthless for a lot more work. Ehh, I hope I drop dead of a heart attack or something, won't have to work then.

Love my father though, he's a great dad, best dad one could have. Just with his little quirks. I'm a disappointment and yet he still has so much hope for me, such a kind soul. His feelings are understandable.
Mine dgaf.... Ill be on my own 😂😂😂😂😂😂

B

bitcoin

NEET
Apr 11, 2022
my family wants me to do engineering and become a stemcel betabuxx to some currywhore. fucking assholes have a shit load of money but still need to squeeze every dime they can out of their incel son

Straizer

Straizer

NEET
Apr 27, 2022
they wanna send me to military i guess, i may become high grade or even general but im not interested at all tbh

Straizer

Straizer

NEET
Apr 27, 2022
my family wants me to do engineering and become a stemcel betabuxx to some currywhore. fucking assholes have a shit load of money but still need to squeeze every dime they can out of their incel son
i dont get your point bitcoin chan, engineercel is better than a hobocel

NarcyChadlite

NarcyChadlite

Aesthete, scholar, Meghan's husband
Apr 11, 2021
i read nothing you wrote, my parents dont give a fuck

grow up

stop relying on your parents, you're a grown adult

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
My dad's been bringing up me working for years, I laugh at him like he's joking :feelslol: honestly not sure if it's some long running gag between us or if he's serious because I'm a neetcel until death

Activity
So far there's no one here