Depression The trend of "study with me" video sessions on YouTube

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
So recently I came across those so called "study with me" videos. Maybe this isn't even a brandnew trend but at least for me it's a new discovery on the internet.
Some of those are soothing, comfy, multiple hour long broadcasts of a study session. Usually they show a modern luxurious room with a perfect view on the big city skyline, like being in the best suite in an expensive hotel.

I think what they are trying to do is to inspire people, to help them with procrastination problems. But all they did for me was making be extremely depressed and envious. I hate the state of my brain right now. Although its better than last year, it's still rotten from years of isolation & depression. I still have huge concentration and memory issues. Last month I started reading "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoevsky and I had to repeat the first chapters multiple times. Sure you could say "Just don't compare yourself to those people". But it's human nature, we do it all the time.

They also make me very envious because of the luxurious lifestyle they portray. Sometimes you see someone in an expensive looking room, maybe from a hotel suite or his expensive villa doing late-night 3hour long coding sessions. IQ mogs me so hard, I couldn't even master PHP or javaScript. I did learn some of it but already forgot everything. If I don't keep at something everyday I get thrown back, I loose all progress, forget everything and have to start from zero again. Fuck these successful people, fuck my stupid brain that's beyond repair and I hope they stop making money with it.:feelsree:

Here are some videos I talk about:

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
So recently I came across those so called "study with me" videos. Maybe this isn't even a brandnew trend but at least for me it's a new discovery on the internet.
Some of those are soothing, comfy, multiple hour long broadcasts of a study session. Usually they show a modern luxurious room with a perfect view on the big city skyline, like being in the best suite in an expensive hotel.

I think what they are trying to do is to inspire people, to help them with procrastination problems. But all they did for me was making be extremely depressed and envious. I hate the state of my brain right now. Although its better than last year, it's still rotten from years of isolation & depression. I still have huge concentration and memory issues. Last month I started reading "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoevsky and I had to repeat the first chapters multiple times. Sure you could say "Just don't compare yourself to those people". But it's human nature, we do it all the time.

They also make me very envious because of the luxurious lifestyle they portray. Sometimes you see someone in an expensive looking room, maybe from a hotel suite or his expensive villa doing late-night 3hour long coding sessions. IQ mogs me so hard, I couldn't even master PHP or javaScript. I did learn some of it but already forgot everything. If I don't keep at something everyday I get thrown back, I loose all progress, forget everything and have to start from zero again. Fuck these successful people, fuck my stupid brain that's beyond repair and I hope they stop making money with it.:feelsree:

Imagine renting a penthouse just to flex on a YT video. Zoomers are fucking retarded

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Imagine renting a penthouse just to flex on a YT video. Zoomers are fucking retarded
Yes, true but not everyone. Some of them are extreme high achievers who stream those sessions from their own houses/villas they already own. Agreed it's just flexing, just another act of mogging. Wouldn't surprise me if big donations keep flooding in while they stream. I hate streamers in general.

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
Yes, true but not everyone. Some of them are extreme high achievers who stream those sessions from their own houses/villas they already own. Agreed it's just flexing, just another act of mogging. Wouldn't surprise me if big donations keep flooding in while they stream. I hate streamers in general.
The only streamer I watch is Egg white (Big Yolk).

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020

Just watched I dont se the appeal at all this is very boring

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Just watched I dont se the appeal at all this is very boring
Thats what I mean I just discovered those type of videos and find them just weird, maybe even provocative. They just try to milk money from this by streaming it for 5 hours getting showered with donations. They also show off their social status and how amazing high achievers they are.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
Thats what I mean I just discovered those type of videos and find them just weird, maybe even provocative. They just try to milk money from this by streaming it for 5 hours getting showered with donations. They also show off their social status and how amazing high achievers they are.
I cant understand why anybody would watch this crap it's nothing more then a sneak brag video that makes me rage

Activity
So far there's no one here