Discussion The Thing about Odysee.com

DarkMTS_57

DarkMTS_57

BOO$$$$ CAN I HAB PERM BANER PLS ?
Oct 10, 2021
I´m going to explain how Odysee works, since i was curious.

- Odysee uses a torrent based system throughout the entire website. ( Just like the Internet Archive, or BiTtube.tv )
Which means, an uploader with low traffic of viewership/subscriptions won´t have enough "seeders" to make the content load faster, and in turn, the end result of this is that the videos load like absolute crap.

At first, i thought this was strange, but there´s an example of what i´m talking about.

One loads like shit, and it´s just 4 minutes.

The other, which is 4 hours long somewhat loads and it doesn´t break.

See difference in the traffic ?
It´s like night and day.

So in theory.
To counter this, one must have an already established presence online elsewhere ( such as Youtube ) and then bring their audience to Odysee, in order for the videos to load properly.

If it´s some guy starting off on Odysee, it´s a shit experience unfortunately.
Anything you upload will have a bad time loading, no matter what you do, if they even load at all, sometimes it gets stuck.

Now imagine Odysee, throwing a temper tantrum out of spite against Rumble, just because some right wing billionaire invested in Rumble instead.
It´s going to be the "Trump" platform lol
At least the videos on Rumble fucking load, and the memory ram gets spared since the website is light weight in nature, even more so than Youtube.

When it comes to the homepage of Odysee.
The homepage of Odysee makes me want to puke, it´s basically a horde of spam + soy humor, not meaningful content whatsoever.
It´s as if someone took a shit, and somehow it was brought to the surface.
Even if the UI looks aesthetic and modern, it gets trashed all over the place.
It makes Bitchute manifest as a gold piece in comparison, althought it also sucks in many ways, including loading + censorship.

The only good thing about Odysee, is the "apolitical nature" you can be a full blow nazi no problem if that´s your shtick.

End of rant.

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
noted will read later
kappa.png

Activity
So far there's no one here