Discussion the double standard of male friendships vs female ones

captainsalamander

captainsalamander

cutecel
Mar 19, 2022
i don't understand how two men having a friendship can be seen as gay. i see women kissing each other all the time, cuddling with their female friends, just being extremely affectionate while still claiming they're not lesbians and no one bats an eye. but if i even hug a guy it's gay? is there any valid reason people see male affectionate friendships as gay? or is it just to shame us? 🤔

impale

impale

NEET
Nov 27, 2020
i see women kissing each other all the time, cuddling with their female friends, just being extremely affectionate
theyre lesbians they just dont care if you think they are, also im affectione with my friends and nobody thinks it's gay, unless you're one of those faggots who gives kisses on the cheek as greetings (french are an exception to this - they're gay regardless of what they do so they kiss each other because they already know everybody thinks they're homos)

Muri

Muri

Tired
Apr 11, 2022
i don't understand how two men having a friendship can be seen as gay. i see women kissing each other all the time, cuddling with their female friends, just being extremely affectionate while still claiming they're not lesbians and no one bats an eye. but if i even hug a guy it's gay? is there any valid reason people see male affectionate friendships as gay? or is it just to shame us? 🤔
I always took it lighthearted cuz the homies be calling each other gay for stuff like that haha

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
im only affectionate with my neetbros
Ha gay

captainsalamander

captainsalamander

cutecel
Mar 19, 2022
also im affectione with my friends and nobody thinks it's gay,
after reading all these responses, especially this one. i think it may just be where i live so that's probably why i get more negative reactions🤔😢

E

Employer_Square

NEET
Aug 21, 2022
Masculinity has always been enforced among men and women were meant to be feminine so displays of affection between female friends just aren’t perceived the same way as affection between male friends.

Activity
So far there's no one here