Story the autist hockey league

aksu_aks1

aksu_aks1

EBTmaxxed Goatmaxxing Advocate
Nov 16, 2021
some background to the story:
1.when i was like 11 i would act really crazy at school, and ended up getting evaluated by a psychologist who said i had asperger syndrome, i think. I call bs on that tho, personally i think thats like a result of not being properly socialized, plus another psychologist agreed with me that she thinks i dont have it.
2. this was during a weird time in my life where i basically had no social life outside of school and would be taken with parents nearly everywhere they went (basically lasted until high school, this was in 2012-13)

when i was 13 i think my dad found out about a special needs hockey league from some guy at his old job(This guy's kids had real, actual autism, like not asperger/pdd-nos), he ends up taking me to it every saturday for a cool while like probably 5-6 months.

So i start going(kind of forced, felt embarrased for obvious reasons), and they gave the kids who went full gear for free i think which was in retrospect kind of cool, like eventually they gave us real good brand jerseys that cost a lot of money. Most of the kids who went were severely disabled, like obviously the league seemed like it wasnt for like HFA/asd type autists, more like acute mental disability such as downs, rhett syndrome, actual autism etc. essentialy it was just "practice" for weeks at a time, i learned really nothing about hockey, i would just skate around and shoot into the goals. There was this one guy who would take his son who he was like actually serious about it (he would play goal keeper, looks like they did it before).

some people i encountered
-this straight up chad nigga except he had bad autism
-a weird girl who would just skate around in laps with headphones on the whole time
-the guy who told my dad about the program's son, would have these (Like actually sad) episodes with literal autistic screeching.

This all culminated in this tournament in June of 2013, i think this was the only time we played in an actual game. Played and i think i checked some people. I think another team came from Colorado to play and there was this big nigga who just threw off his gloves and looked like he was about to fight .

This was mostly just a really strange experience for me, but there was some cool things too.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
read i did not

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
I wouldn't say Asperger's is just a result of isolation. I had a normal social childhood yet I still was socially inept and severely high inhib. My earliest memories are of me being high inhib.

incelkingkong

incelkingkong

incel battle royale
Nov 28, 2020

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am a cute cat, you are not :3
Jan 26, 2021
you probably have autism, but why you would agree to go to a team with such ppl, the alternative to friends are online friends , vidya or pets.

Activity
So far there's no one here