That's it, I'm going to have to look for a job in ~5 weeks. Fml.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
I try to be really subtle when talking to my parents about this subject, so as to gauge their opinions without giving my opinions away, and without facing any backlash.

And now I finally know the full picture. Both mom and dad will definitely, 100% want me to get a job. Because of some comments my dad made a week or so ago, I thought I was lucky and I might get to avoid wageslavery for another 2 years, since the job market is so shit in this country, especially now during corona. But it turns out I had my hopes out for nothing, he was just baiting me, trying to get me to do a PhD. Now that I made him realize I will never, ever do that, apparently the thought of me not working for the next 2 years is absolutely off the table, a ridiculous notion. (and he even called my idea of teaching myself programming or something retarded, which it is and I gave up on it anyway, but still ...)

Anyway, it's over. I'm done. This is it, my biggest nightmare will soon be here. Wageslave at some shitty job. I hope I die.

Technically I did convince dad that opening up a small business would be a better fit for me, and he did agree. But I've been researching this frantically for many weeks now. Even right now I have like 6 tabs open with various lists of small businesses, occupations, professions etc... If I did have an idea for a business or something to teach myself, I might have been able to get out of wageslaving. But the one thing I did learn after all this research ... it's over. There's no such thing. Nothing will work for me. There are people that could do this self-employment/small business thing, it's not impossible for everybody. But it won't work for me, after the thousands of ideas I've perused, I found nothing fitting. It's me and not the world that is at fault.

Fuck, words can't express how much I don't want to wageslave. There's like 50 different reasons why I'll hate it. Too bad there's no welfare in shithole countries lol.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
How would you have gotten the capital to open a business?
The capital isn't really a problem. I wouldn't have started a business that required too much money, I'm not a risk-taker. But for a small business where you just need a little bit of an initial investment, my dad did tell me he'd help me out if I chose to do something. He's a great father, wonderful person. But what can I say, I'm a bit retarded, even after weeks of hardcore searching, and months/years of on and off searching, I've found nothing. Guess I'm just not suited for business tbh.

MyNameIsHammurabi

MyNameIsHammurabi

NEET
Dec 15, 2020
The capital isn't really a problem. I wouldn't have started a business that required too much money, I'm not a risk-taker. But for a small business where you just need a little bit of an initial investment, my dad did tell me he'd help me out if I chose to do something. He's a great father, wonderful person. But what can I say, I'm a bit retarded, even after weeks of hardcore searching, and months/years of on and off searching, I've found nothing. Guess I'm just not suited for business tbh.
just be a landlord bro. Real talk have you considered joining the arm forces in your country?

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
Wage cucking is very difficult to avoid even in countries with welfare systems, unless your illness is very severe you won't get disability payments. The only option is to hope we can get used to wagecucking because the brain does adapt to things over time. When I was at school years ago when I had a day off it felt very strange to be home during the day and now as a NEET it would feel very strange not to be home during the day so hopefully working will just feel like a daily norm in the future.

Cope_Time

Cope_Time

162.19.153.102 join now!
Nov 27, 2020
Learning a skill needs more effort imo, I would prefer doing low end jobs end rot at home all day long, otherwise you have to work at home, learning thing, doing projects etc.

Ultraman

Ultraman

NEET
Nov 28, 2020
after being a failure at work, academically, emotionally and sexually, what is the point of living in society? it seems that I will end up watching a youtube channel called primitive technology.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
after being a failure at work, academically, emotionally and sexually, what is the point of living in society? it seems that I will end up watching a youtube channel called primitive technology.
At that point you don't have a place in society.

Who said that you failed? failed is an end state, failing is a state of continual falling, but you can be saved from that by knowing thyself.
By understanding yourself, you see how you impact the world and you can configure your Will to that goal.

I don't know your circumstances of things so I can't offer any specifics to how you are supposed do in order to be.

tournelhenry

tournelhenry

Male supremacist, Pseudo-theocratic fascist
Nov 2, 2021
But it turns out I had my hopes out for nothing, he was just baiting me, trying to get me to do a PhD.
You already have a diploma/degree? Because if you do, then there should be good paying skilled jobs for you.
If your parents are still willing to fund your education, you can get a low stress unskilled job that pays little and learn a quick skill (programming, construction, welding, etc) in a vocational school part-time. You don't need to pay big Leftwing overpriced colleges LOL. And, No. Programming isn't retarded. It's stressful but if you like it, then it's a great skill (especially these days).

Activity
So far there's no one here