Story Story of the word ''Kazakh''

Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
Something I thought I'd share.

Kazakh is an old Turkish word, meaning free, unrestrained, vagabond. It probably derived from the verb ''qaz'', meaning ''to wander''. In the old, Turkic tribes, when a boy reached adulthood, and left his homeland to wander and raid, he'd be called a Kazakh

The Russians got the word from Turkish first, the word corresponding to ''raiders from the south''

Then Italians got a hold of the word, ''casacco'', with the same meaning, the raiders from the south. However, Italians also had a name for the clothes the raiders were wearing, they called it ''casacca'', a word that still exists in modern Italian, it referred to the wool clothing without buttons, that the said raiders were wearing. That's how it started to refer to clothing.

Then, the French got it from the Italians, ''casaque'', meaning short, wool clothing of Russians. Why Russians? Probably because the Italians got it from the Russians.

Finally, the French word casaque, makes its way into Turkish, ''Kazak'', meaning the modern sweater, because the French brough them to the country.

That's why the word ''Kazak'' refers to both clothing, and a nation, in modern Turksh

@GigaChad™

S

Sorcerer

North-Atlantid Slayer. 6.5 inch dick. Blue-Eyes #1
Dec 9, 2020
Something I thought I'd share.

Kazakh is an old Turkish word, meaning free, unrestrained, vagabond. It probably derived from the verb ''qaz'', meaning ''to wander''. In the old, Turkic tribes, when a boy reached adulthood, and left his homeland to wander and raid, he'd be called a Kazakh

The Russians got the word from Turkish first, the word corresponding to ''raiders from the south''

Then Italians got a hold of the word, ''casacco'', with the same meaning, the raiders from the south. However, Italians also had a name for the clothes the raiders were wearing, they called it ''casacca'', a word that still exists in modern Italian, it referred to the wool clothing without buttons, that the said raiders were wearing. That's how it started to refer to clothing.

Then, the French got it from the Italians, ''casaque'', meaning short, wool clothing of Russians. Why Russians? Probably because the Italians got it from the Russians.

Finally, the French word casaque, makes its way into Turkish, ''Kazak'', meaning the modern sweater, because the French brough them to the country.

That's why the word ''Kazak'' refers to both clothing, and a nation, in modern Turksh

@GigaChad™
Kazakhstan In MineCraft:
12633763_l.jpg

Activity
So far there's no one here