Serious Should I pay my credit card bills?

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
I've been in credit card debt for at least 4 years I think from when I was a gambling addict. At the moment I pay around $160 per month just on the minimum payments and I keep having to take money from the cards to make the payments. They always send me letters complaining about me being in persistent debt and not making enough payment every month, I wouldn't be in persistent debt if they didn't have such high minimum payments.

I was thinking of stopping all payments and going on a debt charity 'debt management plan'. I was on one of these before to pay back loans, the companies always have to agree to these plans as they get a bad reputation if they don't show sympathy. I remember one of the companies sold the debt to a debt collection agency and they were actually ok to deal with. Usually they have a bad reputation.

The thing about being unemployed is that these creditors have to be lenient with you, it is essentially a legal requirement I think.

Lain

Lain

NEET
Jul 19, 2021
Why would a pirate pay for his booty?

Ukvat6b91ki61

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
I'm not very well educated on this, but I think that if you have assets they can seize then you need to pay. Otherwise they will eventually come and take whatever they can.

However, if you don't own anything at all, not even a car or a house you will inherit soon or something, you can maybe not pay, idk? Wage garnishment and asset seizure are their main tools to punish you, if you don't have wages or assets I don't think they can do much. The main thing here is the future: what if you do end up getting a job and getting assets (like if your country decides to not give out unemployment anymore, thus forcing you to work to survive)? That's when it can you in the ass.

Gotta google it and see if you can default on your cc debts, see the do's and don'ts. There's probably good guides on reddit.

Last edited:
SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021

Sam Hyde lives in the states laws will be different I saw that and debated applying for a credit card but I'd rather know about my specific country first.

Activity
So far there's no one here