Rewatching sitcoms is my biggest addiction and I can't quit, it's actually quite debilitating.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
For many years now I've rewatched the same several sitcoms over and over. Some of them I've rewatched like 50 times, some others like 5 or 10 times.

I can't stop. It's like a source of comfort, of soothing. I have to have a sitcom running in the background most of the time, but I'm also actively watching a lot of it.

I don't know how to stop, I've tried several times and I always fall back. It's like there's a void, a very anxious feeling if I stop.

But it's not JUST distracting myself, not just escapism. There's a lot more to it and I can't quite gather my thoughts and remember all the details, but there's a lot more reasons why I can't stop. I guess it's a mix of all my mental problems. My ADD for example, having that sitcom blaring makes it easier to do something like play a game or browse the internet. But also it's the dopamine element. I'm anhedonic as hell, I don't even enjoy video games much. Been depressed/anhedonic for like 12+ years, not enjoying anything at all despite trying to find something. Also everything drains so much energy, requires so much concentration. Even just expending mental energy is too much for me. So sitcoms are basically a way to lie in bed and not be totally bored, whilst pretty much existing in a way that drains as little energy as possible, requires as little thought and effort as possible.

I really dread having to go to work in ~2 months. So many years of rotting, lying in bed and watching sitcoms. So many mental health problems, from depression to ADD to autism maybe. Different types of anxiety, maybe even agoraphobia. And now I'll have to act like a normal person and face one of my biggest nightmares for like 40 years - working. Wish I had a skill or a hobby that I could do for money instead of working a job, but alas my anhedonic ADD ass tried for years and found nothing it liked doing other than rotting in bed. Damn, I won't even have my sitcoms to help me withstand those 8 hours a day, drudging along, doing repetitive, boring, soul-crushing work, surrounded by mean normies that look down upon me for being slightly weird. My sitcoms will still be there after work though. Ain''t that a life, working all day and coming home to watch sitcoms. Worse is that they're the only thing I really am comfortable doing. When I'm not watching sitcoms I'm just so uncomfortable.

And now that I think about it, I've been rewatching sitcoms for so long, it's like they're sort of the fond memories I look back to. Like how normal people look back to events in their lives and are comforted. Well, for me anything in real life out there is just stressful and anxiety-inducing. And I didn't do much of real life either, I basically spent as much time indoors as I could even as a kid, but for the last ~8+ years I've basically rotted in bed. So sitcoms are my comfort, like a social circle, warm relationships and a set of fond memories with them.

But mainly I guess it's just a comfort and a boredom thing. Sitcoms are soothing, but also I just don't really like doing anything, and I don't like spending mental energy, not sure if I even can spend mental energy anymore, it's so stressful doing anything but rotting in bed. Don't like sitting in complete quiet either, but music doesn't really do it for me, but sitcoms do help. So I must have a sitcom playing or I feel miserable.

Last edited:
Nakiami

Nakiami

THAINEETs
Mar 16, 2021
I'm running random podcast or youtube, calm piano musics all day, I don't like silence, my thoughts is creeping and it's feast on my fear when my room is quite

Braziliancel193

Braziliancel193

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
brutal

Same thing happened to me with videogames but I managed to depress it for a bit.
I do think watching shows and playing videogames are very different though

01zephyr10

01zephyr10

Short term memory loss truecel living on Neet bux
Dec 12, 2020
Which Sitcoms?

gigacel123

gigacel123

NEET
Dec 3, 2020
Hey good to see one of the high iq users from .co! :feelsok::feelsok: Welcome brother. I see what you mean.. I binge watch a lot of nostalgic stuff from my youth, I don't really have a lot of things to look forward to and the internet/modern entertainment is a cesspool now

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
Hey good to see one of the high iq users from .co! :feelsok::feelsok: Welcome brother. I see what you mean.. I binge watch a lot of nostalgic stuff from my youth, I don't really have a lot of things to look forward to and the internet/modern entertainment is a cesspool now
Quite an intricate chart you've got there. That took the kind of effort and energy I can't muster. Good for you mate, if you can direct the same energy into other activities then you can lead a good life. I mean comfort-wise or even money-wise.

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
For many years now I've rewatched the same several sitcoms over and over. Some of them I've rewatched like 50 times, some others like 5 or 10 times.

I can't stop. It's like a source of comfort, of soothing. I have to have a sitcom running in the background most of the time, but I'm also actively watching a lot of it.

I don't know how to stop, I've tried several times and I always fall back. It's like there's a void, a very anxious feeling if I stop.

But it's not JUST distracting myself, not just escapism. There's a lot more to it and I can't quite gather my thoughts and remember all the details, but there's a lot more reasons why I can't stop. I guess it's a mix of all my mental problems. My ADD for example, having that sitcom blaring makes it easier to do something like play a game or browse the internet. But also it's the dopamine element. I'm anhedonic as hell, I don't even enjoy video games much. Been depressed/anhedonic for like 12+ years, not enjoying anything at all despite trying to find something. Also everything drains so much energy, requires so much concentration. Even just expending mental energy is too much for me. So sitcoms are basically a way to lie in bed and not be totally bored, whilst pretty much existing in a way that drains as little energy as possible, requires as little thought and effort as possible.

I really dread having to go to work in ~2 months. So many years of rotting, lying in bed and watching sitcoms. So many mental health problems, from depression to ADD to autism maybe. Different types of anxiety, maybe even agoraphobia. And now I'll have to act like a normal person and face one of my biggest nightmares for like 40 years - working. Wish I had a skill or a hobby that I could do for money instead of working a job, but alas my anhedonic ADD ass tried for years and found nothing it liked doing other than rotting in bed. Damn, I won't even have my sitcoms to help me withstand those 8 hours a day, drudging along, doing repetitive, boring, soul-crushing work, surrounded by mean normies that look down upon me for being slightly weird. My sitcoms will still be there after work though. Ain''t that a life, working all day and coming home to watch sitcoms. Worse is that they're the only thing I really am comfortable doing. When I'm not watching sitcoms I'm just so uncomfortable.

And now that I think about it, I've been rewatching sitcoms for so long, it's like they're sort of the fond memories I look back to. Like how normal people look back to events in their lives and are comforted. Well, for me anything in real life out there is just stressful and anxiety-inducing. And I didn't do much of real life either, I basically spent as much time indoors as I could even as a kid, but for the last ~8+ years I've basically rotted in bed. So sitcoms are my comfort, like a social circle, warm relationships and a set of fond memories with them.

But mainly I guess it's just a comfort and a boredom thing. Sitcoms are soothing, but also I just don't really like doing anything, and I don't like spending mental energy, not sure if I even can spend mental energy anymore, it's so stressful doing anything but rotting in bed. Don't like sitting in complete quiet either, but music doesn't really do it for me, but sitcoms do help. So I must have a sitcom playing or I feel miserable.
I love sitcoms as well, entertainment is a cope to forget about our problems or loneliness

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
I love sitcoms as well, entertainment is a cope to forget about our problems or loneliness
Yep, even stupid entertainment allows you to be in a sort of trance. Time flies by, a day feels like just a few hours, and your brain becomes so scattered and disordered from the total distraction and lack of thought about your real life that you are able to forget these problems. A numb comfort that makes the years fly by in the blink of an eye. Which is actually quite devastating since in the meantime the ignored problems and reality just get much worse. Parents get older and sicker, your pets get older too. And your own body and mind as well. Time is quite cruel.

Last edited:
Looksmax Refugee

Looksmax Refugee

-
Feb 28, 2021
Sounds like some infinite loop of torment in hell

incelkingkong

incelkingkong

incel battle royale
Nov 28, 2020
Good to seee you here man

Brother Wagecuck

Brother Wagecuck

Work and Pray
Nov 28, 2020
I rewatch the office alot. Haven't liked a sitcom as much as that for some reason.

edit: also anime.

Last edited:
anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
I rewatch the office alot. Haven't liked a sitcom as much as that for some reason.

edit: also anime.
Yeah I rewatch the office a lot too, it's one of my mains, despite it being so soy and bluepilled. Try It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Seinfeld, those are 10/10. Frasier is great too.

Braziliancel193

Braziliancel193

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Yeah I rewatch the office a lot too, it's one of my mains, despite it being so soy and bluepilled. Try It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Seinfeld, those are 10/10. Frasier is great too.
seinfeld is where you got your avi

O

OverBeforeItBegan

Banned
Dec 17, 2020
Seriously bro stop making these woe is me posts and do something with your life.
Quitting .co was a good first step

01zephyr10

01zephyr10

Short term memory loss truecel living on Neet bux
Dec 12, 2020
Last edited:
O

OverBeforeItBegan

Banned
Dec 17, 2020
As far as I'm aware, this is the only thread @anon1822 has made. Perhaps he's made more on incel . co / incels . is.
yeah, he has. He makes cool, relatable threads but if he put half as much effort into doing something productive as he does writing them he'd have gotten somewhere by now.
Instead of writing about his sitcom addiction he should be fighting it.

Activity
So far there's no one here