Depression parents dont trust you to leave home, pushing college very strongly?

aksu_aks1

aksu_aks1

EBTmaxxed Goatmaxxing Advocate
Nov 16, 2021
sup foos i actually had a pretty decent day today like i went on a hike to the mountains and shit. was pretty cold up there tho no snow yet.

i was trying to see if any of you guys have a similar experience with me in this, like if you talk to your parents telling them how you want to move out they discourage you severely, like they think you wouldnt be able to take care of yourself. Also do any of your parents act like you cant succeed without college? Like i think what they want is for me to keep staying here and try to get a degree/ go to trade school. (feel like honestly i would look mad sus as a 22yo in class with 18 year olds)

also shit do any of your parents try to prevent you from leaving the house on your own at all, like even to go on little walks within the city?

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
sup foos i actually had a pretty decent day today like i went on a hike to the mountains and shit. was pretty cold up there tho no snow yet.

i was trying to see if any of you guys have a similar experience with me in this, like if you talk to your parents telling them how you want to move out they discourage you severely, like they think you wouldnt be able to take care of yourself. Also do any of your parents act like you cant succeed without college? Like i think what they want is for me to keep staying here and try to get a degree/ go to trade school. (feel like honestly i would look mad sus as a 22yo in class with 18 year olds)

also shit do any of your parents try to prevent you from leaving the house on your own at all, like even to go on little walks within the city?
I never mention moving out because I'd rather not self sabotage my free accomodation. I don't think they'd be opposed to it they just don't push me towards it which I'm grateful for and as for going out just daily they've always been lenient.

Fabio

Fabio

(◡‿◡)
Dec 4, 2020
My parents used to be like this, they would always ask tons of questions whenever I decided to leave my lair and go outside.

Activity
So far there's no one here