Dragonplate Armor

Dragonplate Armor.

Aedra

Aedra

NEET
Nov 26, 2020
Whodunit

Whodunit?

''Summitmist Manor; there were six on the night of last and then there were none... save one.''

Aedra

Aedra

NEET
Nov 26, 2020
The Gray Fox

The Gray Fox

''The Gray Fox is the guildmaster of the Thieves Guild. He gets his name from his sneakiness in thievery and from the gray mask, the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, that he wears. The first Gray Fox stole the cowl from the Daedric Prince Nocturnal herself. The title of Gray Fox is passed from leader to successor by giving the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal to the successor. Since the successor then becomes the Gray Fox, many think that he has been alive for over 300 years.''

Last edited:
Cope Artist

Cope Artist

Satire account
Nov 26, 2020
I am not familiar with Painters, can you educate me a bit?
I could give you some resources that I use to learn more about them.
https://www.wikiart.org/ has a wide collection of visual art, categorized by fields, genres, artist, nationalities and by it's century.
Google art project provides basic explainations on some famous works of art. Not too great, but can be a nice source to learn from. Also it has the museum view, so you can appreciate the relative size of the painting as well.
As an example.
Lurking on these two sources would be ideal at first. You'll get a rough idea on the art movements, and the greatest artists.

After that, I'd recommend you to study the important painters one by one. Review all their works and read interpretations about them. If your visual memory is strong, you'll recognize the artist of a painting after seeing it once. If not, you might need to take several sessions studying them. Reach to a point where you have a general understanding of the artists career. You don't need to know the exact year or time the paintings were made, but you should know the chronological order of the paintings, to appreciate the progress of the artist.
After you spent enough time processing the paintings and reading about them, try interpreting them yourself. Understand why some paintings of an artist are considered masterpieces, and why others are not. Take a look at these three Rembrandt paintings:

R1

R2

R

The first one, is from a series of paintings, The Senses. It is Rembrandt's earliest known work, painted at the age of 18. Notice how crude the figures are, and how unpolished the overall painting is. The other known 3 paintins from the series have similar characteristics. Though, it should be said that, even though the art is crude, the overall composition of the painting is good, meaning if the artistic style were to improve, the artist can accomplish great things. And he did.

Now the second work, notice how beautiful the light was placed on the objects, and notice the mastery with the figures head. This work is clearly a masterpiece, and work of a genius.

And the third work, one of Rembrandt's best works, can be regarded as one of the greatest paintings ever made. The version of it I posted doesn't do it justice though, the other version I have on my computer is much superior, but the file size is too big. The artistic style is perfect, usage of the light and the shadows is incredible, and supports the theme of the painting. There are also symbolic imagery that you'll notice if you pay special attention. I won't go into too much detail though, there's just too much to talk about this one. To describe every aspect of it properly, one would need to dedicate an entire book to it, considering the psycological states of the characters, and how those were described using mere light and shadow. That's the genius of Rembrandt in my opinion, how beautifully he tells about the human state using mere light and shadow, it could be said that no one in the history of art has managed to use shadows as meaningfully as he did. That's one of the reasons why he's considered to be one of the greatest painters ever lived.

If you are really impressed by a painter, I'd highly recommend you to read a book about him. I read two books on Rembrandt, and I'd highly recommend and Rembrandt fan to do the same.

Finally, the most important thing is to be patient. Understanding of art is nothing like understanding of sciences or mathematics, where the more time and effort you dedicate, the better your understanding gets. Art needs patience, empathy, suffering and love (mostly for god) to be understood, and those characteristics cannot be rushed. They'll develop with time.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
I could give you some resources that I use to learn more about them.
https://www.wikiart.org/ has a wide collection of visual art, categorized by fields, genres, artist, nationalities and by it's century.
Google art project provides basic explainations on some famous works of art. Not too great, but can be a nice source to learn from. Also it has the museum view, so you can appreciate the relative size of the painting as well.
As an example.
Lurking on these two sources would be ideal at first. You'll get a rough idea on the art movements, and the greatest artists.

After that, I'd recommend you to study the important painters one by one. Review all their works and read interpretations about them. If your visual memory is strong, you'll recognize the artist of a painting after seeing it once. If not, you might need to take several sessions studying them. Reach to a point where you have a general understanding of the artists career. You don't need to know the exact year or time the paintings were made, but you should know the chronological order of the paintings, to appreciate the progress of the artist.
After you spent enough time processing the paintings and reading about them, try interpreting them yourself. Understand why some paintings of an artist are considered masterpieces, and why others are not. Take a look at these three Rembrandt paintings:

View attachment 10804

View attachment 10805

View attachment 10806

The first one, is from a series of paintings, The Senses. It is Rembrandt's earliest known work, painted at the age of 18. Notice how crude the figures are, and how unpolished the overall painting is. The other known 3 paintins from the series have similar characteristics. Though, it should be said that, even though the art is crude, the overall composition of the painting is good, meaning if the artistic style were to improve, the artist can accomplish great things. And he did.

Now the second work, notice how beautiful the light was placed on the objects, and notice the mastery with the figures head. This work is clearly a masterpiece, and work of a genius.

And the third work, one of Rembrandt's best works, can be regarded as one of the greatest paintings ever made. The version of it I posted doesn't do it justice though, the other version I have on my computer is much superior, but the file size is too big. The artistic style is perfect, usage of the light and the shadows is incredible, and supports the theme of the painting. There are also symbolic imagery that you'll notice if you pay special attention. I won't go into too much detail though, there's just too much to talk about this one. To describe every aspect of it properly, one would need to dedicate an entire book to it, considering the psycological states of the characters, and how those were described using mere light and shadow. That's the genius of Rembrandt in my opinion, how beautifully he tells about the human state using mere light and shadow, it could be said that no one in the history of art has managed to use shadows as meaningfully as he did. That's one of the reasons why he's considered to be one of the greatest painters ever lived.

If you are really impressed by a painter, I'd highly recommend you to read a book about him. I read two books on Rembrandt, and I'd highly recommend and Rembrandt fan to do the same.

Finally, the most important thing is to be patient. Understanding of art is nothing like understanding of sciences or mathematics, where the more time and effort you dedicate, the better your understanding gets. Art needs patience, empathy, suffering and love (mostly for god) to be understood, and those characteristics cannot be rushed. They'll develop with time.
Read everything, I am super thrilled now.
I am definitely going to use those resources a lot.
Thank you

chudur-budur

chudur-budur

5'2" ugliest currycel, freak of nature
Nov 26, 2020
CHkzVwC.jpg

"Twilight" (from the Transformations Series)
Odd Nerdrum
1981, oil on canvas, 102 x 77 inches

Nerdrum’s “Twilight” is a controversial image that combines the artist’s attitudes about Kitsch and banality with a painting technique that is reminiscent of a mystical scene from Terry Gelliam’s The Brothers Grimm. In this image, the viewer voyeuristically observes the back-side of a woman as she defecates in the midst of a forest. This image most embodies Nerdrum’s philosophy on representing Kitsch and his feelings and criticisms towards the contemporary art world- pervasive with notions of ‘art as idea’ as opposed to ‘art as mastery’ emerging out of the 1970s.

:)

Ritalincel

Ritalincel

😇
Nov 28, 2020
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. The following extensions are allowed: .mp4, .mp3, .txt, .pdf, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .gif, .webm, .m4v, .mov, .mp4v, .mpeg, .mpg, .ogv, .ogg, .wav

Attachments

• 1625274150174.jpg
    1625274150174.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 120px-Guard_(Varrock,_1).png
    120px-Guard_(Varrock,_1).png
    27.3 KB · Views: 126
Activity
So far there's no one here