Discussion on IQ...

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Why does it matter so much to people on these forums and such?
Like, it exists, it is real and it is the best predictor of academic success and job performance; but that's really it.

One of my theories is that it was some justification to call ethnic groups more sub human then Caucasians or Asians who have a higher IQ on average.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
iq is only useful for betabuxxers

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
iq is only useful for betabuxxers
The only personality trait that is correlated with IQ is openness which is interest in abstract ideas and openness to experience.

If you are also a consciousnesses person, you will have a drive to do well in school and will aim for a higher status life.

You'll do well in college and your career or perhaps business if you plan to take an entrepreneur route.

At that point, carve out how you want the rest of your life to be.

01zephyr10

01zephyr10

Short term memory loss truecel living on Neet bux
Dec 12, 2020
Why does it matter so much to people on these forums and such?
Like, it exists, it is real and it is the best predictor of academic success and job performance; but that's really it.

One of my theories is that it was some justification to call ethnic groups more sub human then Caucasians or Asians who have a higher IQ on average.
I love IQ. One of the best things about it is that, if you get a high score at an early age, you get to go to a gifted school.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
I love IQ. One of the best things about it is that, if you get a high score at an early age, you get to go to a gifted school.
That is if you have a high one, why would you want to go to a gifted school?

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
Steven hawking couldn't even walk so who's the real loser here

He made great contributions to the world of physics and lead a meaningful life so I guess he won in spite of tragedy

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
People who boast about anything are losers. I hate prideful, arrogant, condescending people more than anything.
Indeed you are correct.

One thing that became evident to me is that once you understand that you are worth something in a particular area; you stop tying to prove to others because it is evident to yourself.

Looksmax Refugee

Looksmax Refugee

-
Feb 28, 2021
Indeed you are correct.

One thing that became evident to me is that once you understand that you are worth something in a particular area; you stop tying to prove to others because it is evident to yourself.
Other people will notice too, you do not have to go around telling people.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
the best predictor of academic success
Good students do well in school. Not the students with the highest IQ.

Asking the teachers who are their best students should predict academic success better than IQ scores imho.

job performance
No. You hire the person with the most experience and skills that are relevant for the job, not the person with the highest IQ.

IQ isn't experience or skills.

Last edited:
『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
No. You hire the person with the most experience and skills that are relevant for the job, not the person with the highest IQ.

IQ isn't experience or skills.
IQ predicts how fast you will learn that particular job or skills needed for that job.

So a person with a higher IQ will be able to master those skills better and faster than someone lower.
Good students do well in school. Not the students with the highest IQ.

Asking the teachers who are their best students should predict academic success better than IQ scores imho.
Good students? The ones with the highest marks? That would be how intelligent they are and how much they study and work hard.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
So a person with a higher IQ will be able to master those skills better and faster than someone lower.
The person who is the quickest to master those skills is the quickest to master those skills. Not the person with the highest IQ.

Good students? The ones with the highest marks? That would be how intelligent they are and how much they study and work hard.
The best student is the best student. Not the student with the highest IQ.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
The person who is the quickest to master those skills is the quickest to master those skills. Not the person with the highest IQ.

The best student is the best student. Not the student with the highest IQ.
The person that is quickest to master those skills is the most intelligent.

Outliers exist, but the best student is going to be the smartest one who works the hardest.

Why are you against the notion of IQ?

01zephyr10

01zephyr10

Short term memory loss truecel living on Neet bux
Dec 12, 2020
Person A "Check out my computer's higher RAM and CPU"
Person B "Wow; No wonder your PC can perform more tasks"

Person A "Check out my higher IQ"
Person B "IQ doesn't mean anything :mad:"

:LOL:

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
IQ seems to be a religion to many people. An IQ test tells how many points the test taker scored on the test.

It doesn't tell who has the most money, success (whatever that is), skills, experience, capability to learn etc.

Why are you against the notion of IQ?
Because it's low IQ thinking imho.

The person that is quickest to master those skills is the most intelligent.
The person who is the quickest to master those skills is the quickest to master those skills. It doesn't make that person the most intelligent.

the best student is going to be the smartest one who works the hardest
What happened to work smart, not hard? The best cheater can be the best student.

Person A "Check out my computer's higher RAM and CPU"
Person B "Wow; No wonder your PC can perform more tasks"

Person A "Check out my higher IQ"
Person B "IQ doesn't mean anything :mad:"

:LOL:
Brains are not computer components.

『 』

『 』

Tat Tvam Asi
Dec 13, 2020
IQ seems to be a religion to many people. An IQ test tells how many points the test taker scored on the test.

It doesn't tell who has the most money, success (whatever that is), skills, experience, capability to learn etc.

I don't believe IQ to be some type of religion, the higher your score, the better you are at completing cognitive tests against the rest of the population.
score of 130? That means you are smarter than 98% of the population. That is all IQ is, it is fairly simple

It is the best predictor for academic success and job performance.

The person who is the quickest to master those skills is the quickest to master those skills. It doesn't make that person the most intelligent.
That is IQ. Faster processing speed is a substrate of IQ and if you are able to do something like perform a complex task faster than a lot of other people, it goes to show that you are more intelligent
What happened to work smart, not hard? The best cheater can be the best student.
Outliers exist
Within certain parameters obviously

Activity
So far there's no one here