Nothing would make me happier than finding a job I like.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
I've tried so hard, and it didn't get far. But in the end, it actually really matters.

I've spent so much effort trying to find a job I like. Heck, I've even spent many hundreds of hours trying to find an interest. It's gotten to the point that I already know all the possible comments and responses people could make on any of my threads when asking for advice or whatever. On reddit or wherever else. I already know any possible thing they could say to me.

Despite all these efforts, I found nothing. Not one god damn thing. I just need to find a job that I enjoy. I don't need to love it, all jobs suck technically, but is it too much to ask to not dislike what you do for 8 hours a day every day for the rest of your life? I'd like to enjoy those 8 hours a day. My time on earth is limited, I can't accept being miserable for so long.

But I just can't find any god damn thing. All jobs fucking suck apparently.

No, no. That's not the point. It's not only that all jobs suck. It's that my stupid piece of shit anhedonic brain just can't enjoy anything at all. After the thousands of hours trying to find an interest, I still like nothing. Like, if I at least liked programming or carpentry or something, I could do that. But I don't like anything that's not fucking rotting in bed browsing the internet and watching sitcoms,

G

GigaChad™

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
cries about not being able to find a job

then argues how he doesnt want to work because his time on earth is limited

take drugs and force yourself

NeverEndingWinter

NeverEndingWinter

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
Bro, there's no such thing as a job you like. You can be interested in a field but once that opiates into a job, you're bound to not like the nature of stuff in the working world, be it the social interactions, sucking up to managers, deadlines, etc.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
Nothing would make me happier than having enough passive income as to never have to have a job nor depend on people or government.
I don't even consider than an option. At least for me, idk, I've looked into it and I just don't think it's possible.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
cries about not being able to find a job

then argues how he doesnt want to work because his time on earth is limited

take drugs and force yourself
Drugs? I'd be making $300 a month if I worked full-time, there's no money for drugs in this country lol. Actually, just for shits and giggles I just google searched for a job as a night-time security guard. $197 a month, full-time lol. That's even less than I expected. And that's before tax.

FeminismIsCancer

FeminismIsCancer

Marecel
Nov 30, 2020
I don't even consider than an option. At least for me, idk, I've looked into it and I just don't think it's possible.
Oh me neither. We were talking hypothetically here. Like why wish for a hypothetical job rather than a hypothetical passive income?

Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
Nothing would make me happier than having enough passive income as to never have to have a job nor depend on people or government.
That's the dream man...that's the dream. I don't even want a car, expensive clothes or annual holidays in the fucking Bahamas LOL.
And who the hell pays even a single cent for music, movies, series, games, books? No need to spend money on that.

anon1822

anon1822

Banned
Apr 5, 2021
That's the dream man...that's the dream. I don't even want a car, expensive clothes or annual holidays in the fucking Bahamas LOL.
And who the hell pays even a single cent for music, movies, series, games, books? No need to spend money on that.
I'd only really need money for food, shelter, bills. And for unexpected expenses, medical or needed repairs and such. It would be a dream if I could cover those expenses without working. A dream indeed.

Brother Wagecuck

Brother Wagecuck

Work and Pray
Nov 28, 2020
I agree, I don't need to LOVE it, I just need to TOLERATE it and be less miserable. I don't think meaning/purpose should just be found in one's job anyways.

Freder

Freder

NEET
Apr 16, 2022
Normies often say that you get answer to this considerations if you ask yourself what job would you make if you had 10 million buks?
Doesnt work everytime because if I had 10 million bucks I wouldnt even consider going to job. I would gymmaxx, whoremaxx and neetmaxx.

Dyinghope

Dyinghope

NEET4Ever
Apr 12, 2022
It would be nice, but all I've ever been able to get is low-paid, brain numbing physical work being on my feet all day. Now I can't even get that!
Maybe a lottery win will finally happen this week? :feelsthumb:

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
It would be nice, but all I've ever been able to get is low-paid, brain numbing physical work being on my feet all day. Now I can't even get that!
Maybe a lottery win will finally happen this week? :feelsthumb:
Why can't you get that? Have you tried learning some skill?

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
You keep saying learn a skill. What skills do modern employers really want that you don't need a certification for? Costs money to learn most skills and most people aren't cut out for programming

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
You keep saying learn a skill. What skills do modern employers really want that you don't need a certification for? Costs money to learn most skills and most people aren't cut out for programming
You can learn stuff like excel and databases and stuff too. You don't have to be a developer. Or learn graphic design.

SoupaSilva

SoupaSilva

obies grainy sourcer
Oct 6, 2021
You can learn stuff like excel and databases and stuff too. You don't have to be a developer. Or learn graphic design.
Excel is boring, only experience with databases was in high school using Microsoft Access I think it was called which was also boring unless that's not what you mean by databases, graphic design also seems boring (isn't it just desigining logos and shit?)

Dyinghope

Dyinghope

NEET4Ever
Apr 12, 2022

I've learned a few things, what is really guaranteed to help?

People demand experience and references along with the skills also. If you haven't got that, it's thanks but no thanks!

I've had job interviews also and if I mentioned I'm unemployed, they terminate it straight away and show me the door. That was for a minimum wage jobs, one putting oil in drums. Why would I already have a job and want to do that?

It's just snobbish behaviour, you need a job to get a job? Okay fine, I'll stay NEET.
:clown:

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
I've learned a few things, what is really guaranteed to help?

People demand experience and references along with the skills also. If you haven't got that, it's thanks but no thanks!

I've had job interviews also and if I mentioned I'm unemployed, they terminate it straight away and show me the door. That was for a minimum wage jobs, one putting oil in drums. Why would I already have a job and want to do that?

It's just snobbish behaviour, you need a job to get a job? Okay fine, I'll stay NEET.
:clown:
Learn graphic design. My cousin (who is still in school btw) learned it, and then started participating in those freelance website contests where the buyer picks the one he likes the best and pays for his image (mostly logos or banners or some art for website or whatever, simple stuff). He did this because he had no previous work. After a while he built up a few transactions, and then started listing his services on his own. He also started telling people he know. At first he would do it for them for free for acquintances. (You're mostly competing with 3rd world people who're there to just put the least possible effort and somehow make money online btw), then when those acquaintances had people who wanted to a designer, they'd tell them about him, and he'd ask these new ones for payment.

So you understand? No previous experience, no skills, no money, just a computer and some time. Don't act like you have no paths open to you. I know you'll come up with excuses for this one too but you get your act together now or suffer very soon. The choice is yours.

Stop being a victim or pitying yourself.

milkistermoo

milkistermoo

NEET
Dec 2, 2020
That easy eh? 😒
I'd be terrible at that, I certainly wouldn't be able to be so talented as to earn money from it and build a client base.
How do you know you'd be terrible at that? Everyone's terrible when they start. I felt bad for you at first but "I'd be terrible at that" is such a big cop out that I don't even know. Have fun rotting away for the next 3 decades.

Dyinghope

Dyinghope

NEET4Ever
Apr 12, 2022
How do you know you'd be terrible at that? Everyone's terrible when they start. I felt bad for you at first but "I'd be terrible at that" is such a big cop out that I don't even know. Have fun rotting away for the next 3 decades.

You have to have an aptitude for art and design and have a creative mind.

"Just make money doing this" is such a 🤡 thing to say. 🙁

Activity
So far there's no one here