Negative experiences falsely perceived as positive

Rebbington

Rebbington

👹
Aug 12, 2021
No explanation necessary. Here we go...

1. When you're hungry, you don't want to enjoy a delicious meal; you want to not slowly starve to death as your stomach eats itself, causing intense bloating and pain.

2. When you're thirsty, you don't want to enjoy a refreshing glass of water; you want to not die of dehydration.

3. When you feel like going on vacation, you don't want to enjoy a nice day at the beach; you want to not work anymore, or stop doing the activities that have thus exhausted you.

4. When you're tired, you don't want to enjoy a refreshing night of sleep; you want to not feel run-down and mentally impaired.

5. When you're in love with someone, you don't want to enjoy his or her company; you want to not be lonely, consumed by excessive solitude and feelings of inadequacy.

6. When you become interested in getting a hobby, you don't want to have something to do; you want to not be plagued by boredom and restlessness.

7. When you're cold, you don't want to put on a coat in order to feel the pleasing sensation of warmth; you want to not feel the uncomfortable sensation of coldness.

8. When thinking about watching a thought-provoking film, you don't want to have an entertaining and potentially enlightening experience; you want to not do everything else, because your psychological disposition has declared it all of less interest than watching the film at that exact moment.

9. When considering doing drugs, you don't want to get high; you want to not have to put up with the horrors of the world around you.

10. When desirous of a college degree, you don't want to pursue an education; you want to not be ignorant relative to your peers so that you may better socialize with and work alongside them, or get hired by an employer offering a higher salary.

You can't have good experiences without first feeling bad. If you let any of the above go, in their most extreme of manifestations, without attempting to take care of them, nature will punish you with: starvation, dehydration, work-induced stress, sleep deprivation (hallucinations, extreme exhaustion, panic attacks, depression, anxiety), intense loneliness, low self-esteem, poor social development, extreme boredom, general restlessness and aimlessness, frost bite, asthma attacks, general breathing problems, lost appendages, ignorance, relative poverty, and homelessness.

DreamSequence

DreamSequence

crazy ass white boy
Oct 21, 2021
You can't have good experiences without first feeling bad. If you let any of the above go, in their most extreme of manifestations, without attempting to take care of them, nature will punish you with: starvation, dehydration, work-induced stress, sleep deprivation (hallucinations, extreme exhaustion, panic attacks, depression, anxiety), intense loneliness, low self-esteem, poor social development, extreme boredom, general restlessness and aimlessness, frost bite, asthma attacks, general breathing problems, lost appendages, ignorance, relative poverty, and homelessness.
Do you think this is a problem that many neets face? Too much neutrality? That is to say, that they don't have much variance in their predicament, they may be lonely but they do nothing to change that, nothing disturbs their state of being, reaching a sort of homeostasis. Personally I know I've been happier when I've had hardships in my life even artificial. Right now? I'm just bored.
I don't agree with all of your points though, I turned to drugs out of pure curiosity at first. Certainly after I became a little too attached I was looking to escape, both from the withdrawl - either physical or psychological - as well as whatever problems I'd created by being an addict.

Rebbington

Rebbington

👹
Aug 12, 2021
Do you think this is a problem that many neets face? Too much neutrality? That is to say, that they don't have much variance in their predicament, they may be lonely but they do nothing to change that, nothing disturbs their state of being, reaching a sort of homeostasis.
i never really directed this solely at neets, but yeah it will disturb a few of them.
I don't agree with all of your points though, I turned to drugs out of pure curiosity at first. Certainly after I became a little too attached I was looking to escape, both from the withdrawl - either physical or psychological - as well as whatever problems I'd created by being an addict.
my point is that most drug users will get into drugs due them hating the world around them on a subconscious level at the very least, do you believe that a random sheltered teen would just try black tar heroin out of pure inquisitive desire? obviously that is an extreme example but what i am saying is you dont do drugs if you adore the world you live in.

Last edited:
Activity
So far there's no one here