Story My Brief Wagie Experience

N-Digger

N-Digger

NEET
Nov 27, 2020
I had a brief taste of the wagie life a bit over a year ago. At that time I was receiving government money and I had to attend jobseeker meetings, they found me a job at a retail store and I had no choice but to go to the interview. We were all seated in a table in the break-room and divided into two groups, we had to work together as part of the group and at the end the manager ended up hiring everyone in my group while not hiring anyone from the other one. There was no way they'd hire me if I went alone, it was pure chance that I got the job.
They did even train me properly so every time someone came to ask where an item was I would have to go ask my supervisor. Later on I found out though someone else that the barcode scanners you use to find out information about items has a search function which you can use to find anything in the store. They gave me that device on the very first day of training and didn't even bother to show me that.
I ended up quitting about a month or two after being there. One day I got a phone call (on the work phone) and it was a customer calling the store's number. Not knowing how to reply, because I wasn't trained, I mumbled a bit and froze up. My decision in my state of panic was to simply put the phone down on the counter and walk out of the store. There was a phone call shortly after from my worried supervisor asking where I had gone, because I hadn't clocked out and no-one saw me leave. My reply was to tell her that I quit and from that moment on I was done with wagie life for good.
TLDR - don't work in retail if you are an socially awkward loner like myself

This might not seem like an especially exciting or eventful story but think more users should post some personal experiences, both NEETing and Wageslaving.

Atila

Atila

xiǎo bái liǎn / King Vamp
Dec 2, 2020
good wagie you got out of cagie

S

Sorcerer

North-Atlantid Slayer. 6.5 inch dick. Blue-Eyes #1
Dec 9, 2020
sounds like hell

Sounds like @jaded jabble and @vomit are a bunch of @N-Diggers
mcdonalds-south-africa.jpg

Neetgod

Neetgod

NEET
Dec 18, 2020
I had a brief taste of the wagie life a bit over a year ago. At that time I was receiving government money and I had to attend jobseeker meetings, they found me a job at a retail store and I had no choice but to go to the interview. We were all seated in a table in the break-room and divided into two groups, we had to work together as part of the group and at the end the manager ended up hiring everyone in my group while not hiring anyone from the other one. There was no way they'd hire me if I went alone, it was pure chance that I got the job.
They did even train me properly so every time someone came to ask where an item was I would have to go ask my supervisor. Later on I found out though someone else that the barcode scanners you use to find out information about items has a search function which you can use to find anything in the store. They gave me that device on the very first day of training and didn't even bother to show me that.
I ended up quitting about a month or two after being there. One day I got a phone call (on the work phone) and it was a customer calling the store's number. Not knowing how to reply, because I wasn't trained, I mumbled a bit and froze up. My decision in my state of panic was to simply put the phone down on the counter and walk out of the store. There was a phone call shortly after from my worried supervisor asking where I had gone, because I hadn't clocked out and no-one saw me leave. My reply was to tell her that I quit and from that moment on I was done with wagie life for good.
TLDR - don't work in retail if you are an socially awkward loner like myself

This might not seem like an especially exciting or eventful story but think more users should post some personal experiences, both NEETing and Wageslaving.
I had a similar experience as you as a wagie. I was expected to answer phones to take food orders but I was never even trained how to use the registers. Pretty weird they would just expect me to know how to do things with out proper training but not the first time that's happened so I quit

Activity
So far there's no one here