Most important NEET life advice - Save every penny you can

• Thread starter NeverEndingWinter
  • Start date
Asylum Patient

Asylum Patient

I want money
May 13, 2021
You know what I actually thought about this yesterday. Sounds simple but it[UWSL][UWSL]'[/UWSL][/UWSL]s the best you can do because who knows what might happen to you, your parents or if you suddenly need money.
[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]I am very angry about spending so much money on media. [/UWSL][/UWSL]If I had pirated all media content in my entire life, I would probably have several thousand bucks more in savings[/UWSL][/UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]. So stupid but I guess the bluepilled indoctrination was too strong :feelsree:[/UWSL][/UWSL]

CelticKHV

CelticKHV

NEET
Mar 19, 2021
Not only when NEET but also if you are waging, let's say you had a mental breakdown, you would need money for the time you take off waging.

innocent21

innocent21

NEET
Jul 4, 2021
In the UK benefits have not risen with inflation so what you're suggesting is VERY hard to do here. Every time Labour Party loses the national (general) election and Conservative Party (or Tories) gets voted into power, the first thing they do is create laws to freeze benefits so they won't rise with inflation.
In the UK there are various ways the government can make sure that products, services and money retains its spending power or doesn't become too expensive.
  • Base interest rates that is set by the Bank of England
  • Consumer Price Index
  • Retail Price Index
  • Annual rate of wage increases (I am not sure which metric is used to calculate this)
  • Relative poverty defined by Labour Party which is 60% of the average income
  • 55% of median total available resources as defined by government's Social Metrics Commission
  • Inflation Rate
  • Annual Increase of Inflation
  • Comparing the GBP to the EUR or USD currency

According to anti-poverty charity Joseph Rowntree Foundation, benefits have lost a third of their value over 15-20 years due to the benefit cap. When I was a child benefits was a lot of money but not any more. I would explain the spending power of back then and now, but that would be derailing the topic. Just know that even though it's better than most welfare state countries or even the majority of the over 200 countries that don't have welfare, the money still sucks.

Activity
So far there's no one here