[MOGS] Freeware vs. P2W

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
I know that NEETs can't afford to pay for software.

We have to be smart about how we spend our money.

This is why I want to ask the experts (you) if it's worth to pay hundreds -- sometimes thousands -- of dollars for premium software.

Use
Freeware
Paid subscription/service
Image manip.
Gimp, Krita​
Photoshop​
Video editing
Kdenlive, DaVinci Resolve​
Premier, After effects, Vegas​
General office software
Libreoffice, Openoffice, Google Workspace​
MS Office​
Text editing (coding)
VS Code, Notepad​
Sublime​
Web design&dev.
Figma​
Adobe xD, Sketch​
Operating system
Linux (Ubuntu, Mint, CentOS, Android etc.)​
Windows, Mac​

Last edited:
Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
I know that NEETs can't afford to pay for software.

We have to be smart about how we spend our money.

This is why I want to ask the experts (you) if it's worth to pay hundreds -- sometimes thousands -- of dollars for premium software.

UseFreewarePaid subscription/service
Image manip.Gimp, KritaPhotoshop
Video editingKdenlive, DaVinci ResolvePremier, After effects
General office softwareLibreoffice, Openoffice, Google WorkspaceMS Office
Text editing (coding)VS Code, NotepadSublime
Web design&dev.FigmaAdobe xD, Sketch
Operating systemLinux (Ubuntu, Mint, CentOS, Android etc.)Windows, Mac
I like how the cells turned out.

Slumbercel

Slumbercel

NEET
Nov 27, 2020
I use libre (free as in freedom, not free as in free beer, but it's pretty much always also free as in free beer) software because of privacy concerns mostly (and sometimes libre software is just better, I prefer to write my notes in Markdown rather than use any office software, even the free and libre ones). If I only cared about the price, I could just pirate it as no one cares about my country and no one will persecute me for piracy. I've been using exclusively GNU/Linux since about 2010, so when I see Windows, I don't even know what's going on. I can edit my Markdown notes in vim, but MS Word is black magic to me.

G

I use free software by default, and only use nonfree software if it's absolutely necessary.

Schrödinger

Schrödinger

NEET
Nov 29, 2020
I have no problems with p2w games if they're free in the first place tbh, but games like star wars battlefront or any other realeses from ea that are p2w even though you paid full price for the base game.

Unemployed

Unemployed

McMahonist
Nov 28, 2020
I hate that it's sometimes much more difficult to find tutorials for free software.
For example, it can be easier to find how something is done in Photoshop than it's to find out how it's done in gimp.

R

Red

NEET
Nov 30, 2020
You can get a lot of those paid ones cracked or cheap as shit by buying from Chinese. You can buy legit win 10 pro keys for like 10 $ now

Activity
So far there's no one here