[META] kill the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saber

Banned
Dec 13, 2020
it’s inevitable at this point, there is nothing interesting to discuss about being a NEET, it’s not like there is much to discuss about and with the rule that non-NEETs are allowed I think the forum should just be remade at this point.

We’re going to be stuck at an average of 15 users and 5 posters every day and I don’t see it improving just look at the NEET lifestyle discussion. Most people are not going to join because it’s a boring topic.
Even the “mods” except one have forgotten about the forum.

If you look at .co and .me they have their respective users that are always active and keep the forum culture alive, the closest thing we had to one is banned for 6 months and you can’t really blame him because there really is nothing to actually talk about here.

So should we just kill the forum now?
There are many other subcultures you could pick from I dunno anime, video games, politics, movies, tv shows or maybe combine them, these are things that have had actual discussion here you could make a forum about and just have the same rules as here, no females.

S

saber

Banned
Dec 13, 2020
Renko

Renko

Methhead Cannibal
Dec 1, 2020
literally just fix the site design and were good.

90% of potential users probably get turned away by shit like this

compare this to a site the potential user is used to (.co looks the same)

jaded jabble

jaded jabble

NEET
Nov 30, 2020
it’s inevitable at this point, there is nothing interesting to discuss about being a NEET, it’s not like there is much to discuss about and with the rule that non-NEETs are allowed I think the forum should just be remade at this point.

We’re going to be stuck at an average of 15 users and 5 posters every day and I don’t see it improving just look at the NEET lifestyle discussion. Most people are not going to join because it’s a boring topic.
Even the “mods” except one have forgotten about the forum.

If you look at .co and .me they have their respective users that are always active and keep the forum culture alive, the closest thing we had to one is banned for 6 months and you can’t really blame him because there really is nothing to actually talk about here.

So should we just kill the forum now?
There are many other subcultures you could pick from I dunno anime, video games, politics, movies, tv shows or maybe combine them, these are things that have had actual discussion here you could make a forum about and just have the same rules as here, no females.
Its not the worst tbh, but it’ll probably deteriorate if we dont get new members

comfy

comfy

NEET
Dec 7, 2020
so why do posts not correlate with users online here

getting new members is something to worry about after, need to fix the preliminaries first. People join make 10 posts then leave
Well, you're right, there ain't much to talk about neetdom.
I guess we should instead talk about different copes, hobbies and vent since they fit the neet theme

FeminismIsCancer

FeminismIsCancer

Marecel
Nov 30, 2020
I’m saying this as someone who ran forums too. There’s a critical mass of users for a forum to snowball. Below that threshold it peters out. As much as I hate to say it, when your userbase is still too fragile, only shit posting keeps it up. If you’re too eager to ban users for whatever reason and refuse shit posting, you kill your forum. .me initially thrived on shit posting and we were even rewarded for it with new colours and stuff.

NCRcel

NCRcel

Wishing for nuclear winter.
Nov 29, 2020
@Fabio

Hey, I'm just being honest... a legit tactic Sergeant could use to get more users here is to advertise this forum on his other forums and strategically ban users that are not well liked there. Naturally, they will come here. A good start would be to ban incel type users on Looksmax.me who don't use that forum for self improvement, and direct them here. This place would be filled up in no time at all once word gets through the grapevine about this place.

K

Kaz

-
Nov 29, 2020
There is a lot to talk about the NEET lifestyle. Problem is that word NEET is misleading. How to be NEET?
Be a woman.
Be immigrant.
Be disabled.
Get on meds.
Live with your parents.

NEETbux is very limited and in many countries doesn't exist. 99% of end up working because of hunger. To me being a NEET is someone who has no social life.
Good topics are our perceptions of the outside world.
Weird human behavior.
Personal stories.
Hobbies to pass time.
Politics.
Why are we alone?
Anxiety.
Self improvement(Health).
Mental health.
Etc...

Number 1 reason this forum is dead because the word NEET is misleading and there are barely any NEETs or social outcasts in our 300 members. Plenty of people used to post on NEETlifestyle, but they got around 2-5 replies that don't spark conversation. How does that help with your loneliness? NEETs(lonely people) are almost all gone. The cafe became the main focus to keep this site alive, but I dunno if I even want to.

S

saber

Banned
Dec 13, 2020
ban users that are not well liked there. Naturally, they will come here. A good start would be to ban incel type users on Looksmax.me who don't use that forum for self improvement, and direct them here. This place would be filled up in no time at all once word gets through the grapevine about this place.
>he doesn't know

Original

Original

I wanna be original but can't figure out how
Dec 2, 2020
add ranks and more people will usee the site
or just give it time and it will grow who knows

dreadtheblackpill

dreadtheblackpill

the supreme youngcel gentleman
Nov 26, 2020
the only reason .co is more active is because people spam to a better rank. That forum is pretty shit tbh.
Just give it some time and more people will join
There is also a lot to discuss with inceldom. It's also over 3 years old meanwhile this is 1 month old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
So far there's no one here